ForumsQuestionsAnand - Is Toodledo considering FullHistory for Standard $36/yr?

Anand - Is Toodledo considering FullHistory for Standard $36/yr?
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: May 20, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
Hi Anant,

Didn't know of a better way to bring this up.

I would consider staying with Toodledo for the $36 annual fee (2.99 Standard Plan) but I need more than 1 year of History (at least 5 yrs or so).

Is this being considered at all? I noticed earlier on when the plans were first rolled out that a few features sort of got re-arranged between the different plans as the dust settles.

If it stays stuck at one year, then that's basically a blocker for me and I'll need to start sorting out my future plans. (And I believe Standard used to be a month of history or something initially so I realize that you've already tried to bend and increase the timeframe a bit).

Thanks.

(PS And sorry I keep misspelling your name -- can't re-edit the thread title)

This message was edited May 20, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted: May 21, 2019
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by rubenB:
And I believe Standard used to be a month of history or something initially so I realize that you've already tried to bend and increase the timeframe a bit
The old Silver Plan had 2-year history for $20/year so the new Standard plan has an 80% increase in price and a 50% reduction in the length of history.

This message was edited May 21, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: May 22, 2019
You're right, Purveyor. (on all of the above)

I'm on Silver right now and I've been making do with 2 yrs so I supposed that probably would suffice in lieu of 5.

Still more than 2 might be a nice gesture since the price has trended upwards just a bit...
Anant G.

Posted: May 23, 2019
Sorry to say, we don't have any plans to change the task history for standard plans currently. Most of the users suggested that they export the csv of the tasks every month or 3 months. We do have plans to make this process automated and create better monthly//quarterly and yearly reports.
pawelkaleta

Posted by Anant G.:
Most of the users suggested that they export the csv of the tasks every month or 3 months.

You can use such argument for any change you decide to implement. Let me guess, most of users also suggested to increase the subscription prices, add ads or stop developing Android app etc. BTW, removing history because some users are cautious enough to create regular backups is like removing task's note or context or status field only because some users don't use it.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted by Anant G.:
Sorry to say, we don't have any plans to change the task history for standard plans currently. Most of the users suggested that they export the csv of the tasks every month or 3 months. We do have plans to make this process automated and create better monthly//quarterly and yearly reports.

Thanks, Anant, for giving me a reply. I appreciate your responding. (Do wish you all would consider otherwise, tho)
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Jul 30, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
Hi Anant,

I hope that you have been more quiet on these boards of late because you are so busy in dealing with other aspects of the business and the team's focused efforts on moving the product forward.

From the outside here, with little to no communication from new ownership these past couple months (in these forums (e.g. News -- in addition to responding to question posts), your blog, your twitter feed, etc), it's kind of easy for one to draw other conclusions which may not be true but are troubling and concerning relating to whether toodledo is going to remain a viable and available product going forward.

A lot of people here, I believe, have been happy using toodledo and are worried and upset about whether they will be able to continue to do so. A goodly number have been migrating to other products which surely can't be your desire(?).

I think people would be willing to accept an increase in annual price from $20 to $36, but it's harder to swallow when, it seems, that that is also going to be with loss of functionality (in my case history dropping from 2yrs down to 1, along with a numerous other changes that would push others to more expensive gold level). Even more concerning, is that product stability seems to have eroded quite a bit (outages as well as pretty unstable feature rollouts -- multi-select comes to mind).

I sure wish I knew if the toodledo team has a viable financial plan in place and are cash-flow positive or at least on stable financial footing.

I worked for 20+ years in sustaining engineering and development at places like Oracle, and I have read that your plans include increased focus on business customers. However, even with the limited visibility I have into how it seems things are being run at toodledo at present, it really make me question whether that's going to work. Larger orgs are much less tolerant of a loosy goosy mode of operation than individual end-users like me/us. Even the current solo end-users seem to be in a state of consternation which does not bode well for rolling out into the corporate sphere, imo.

In the meantime, while I continue using toodledo, I am starting to regularly back up my data in case things suddenly go dark and am in an unsettled state about where this product stands and its future.

I can't imagine that's how the company wants to leave it's customer base feeling and hanging, is it?

If I should be drawing different conclusions from what I see happening, I would welcome Toodledo's corrections and alternate perspective.

Thanks.

This message was edited Jul 30, 2019.
oletros

Posted: Aug 06, 2019
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by Ob-La-Di+ruben:
Hi Anant,
If I should be drawing different conclusions from what I see happening, I would welcome Toodledo's corrections and alternate perspective.

Thanks.

Crickets.

I feel sorry for the loyal users but I'm sure that Toodledo won't las too much, they are milking the first renewals after the price increase by people willing to support the development but I highly doubt that there are new customers or that they can put a foot in the corporate world.

No Android app development, no really new develoipments in the web app (only small minutieae), as I have read, iOS app development is stagnating (how can a business let the beta expire?).

I must admit that I enter once a month to look if they have shut down the site or not, some time ago I exported everything and changed to another solution.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.