ForumsQuestionsRenewed today, cost doubled; what are the new features?

Renewed today, cost doubled; what are the new features?
greginfla_

Posted: Jul 16, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
Well I renewed today. And I had to subscribe at the $60 level for email task option and collaborators. I think the cost doubled last years. What new features are included with the higher level subscriptions?

thanks
Larry2

Posted: Jul 16, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
Basically nothing. They just raised the price and shifted some "features" around.
boydston01

Posted: Jul 17, 2019
Related: as far as I can tell, prices and features are not even accessible from the webpage.
Michael_49

Score: 2 Reference
Psst...wanna buy a Rolex?
Larry2

I don't go to the home web page very often since I have a subscription. Used a browser that I don't have set up to log me in each time and boydstone01 seems to be correct. No where can I find a cost. I assume you have to get the free account and then it'll show but I didn't do that. In any case that, if I was looking for a task manager, would be enough to drive me away without even trying. Another poor business decision, in my opinion.

Here's a link I copied when I went to the My Subscriptions link in the task page for those wanting to see the new prices and "features".

https://www.toodledo.com/subscribe/index.php
boydston01

Posted: Jul 18, 2019
Thanks, Larry2.

Well, at least the price is no longer TRIPLE! The early iterations had the gold equivalent subscription at $90/year. That was beyond absurd. Now, it's just absurd.

For me, one of the big new features is two-way sync with Google calendar. EXCEPT, it is unusable because it does not sync instantly (or anywhere close to instantly). For me, the point of calendar sync is to check todo dates in relation to events, make adjustments, then go back to toodledo and start working off those adjustments. Oh well...
Larry2

FWIW, I emailed support asking about the web page link and asked if it's a bug in their website.
Duo

Posted by Larry2:
FWIW, I emailed support asking about the web page link and asked if it's a bug in their website.

To see the subscription prices when logged out it now looks like you have to:

1) Click on one of the links at the bottom of the page
CONTACT
BLOG
CAREERS
PRESS
PRIVACY
TERMS
HELP
FORUMS

(not DEVELOPERS)

2) Then select a link from the top of the page
Products
Features
Platforms

3) Then scroll down to the bottom of the page where you can select the Subscriptions link and go to that page

This message was edited Jul 18, 2019.
Larry2

Posted: Jul 19, 2019
All I can say is Wow.

Why would anyone want to bury their service levels and costs so deep? Who would think you have to scroll to bottom of page to get purchase information?

Thanks for letting me know. I never would have found it myself.
boydston01

Posted: Jul 19, 2019
Posted by Duo:
Posted by Larry2:

To see the subscription prices when logged out it now looks like you have to:

1) Click on one of the links at the bottom of the page
CONTACT
BLOG
CAREERS
PRESS
PRIVACY
TERMS
HELP
FORUMS

(not DEVELOPERS)

2) Then select a link from the top of the page
Products
Features
Platforms

3) Then scroll down to the bottom of the page where you can select the Subscriptions link and go to that page

LOL! That is hilarious! And impressive!
Larry2

Posted: Jul 24, 2019
I sent an email to tech support wanting to know if it was a bug that pricing wasn't easily available. Here's their reply:

It is not a bug. We want our users to register on our site and then see the subscription page. New user can also go to subscription page from homepage or visiting this : toodledo.com/subscribe.

Hope that helps!
Duo

Posted: Jul 24, 2019
Posted by Larry2:

[...]
It is not a bug. We want our users to register on our site and then see the subscription page.
[...]

Hahahaha!
Ummagumma

Posted: Jul 25, 2019
Yes, no reason to scare them right away, let them create an account so that Toodledo got at least something... like reporting “we had thousands on new users signing up !”
boydston01

Posted: Aug 05, 2019
Can you imagine going into a store and only getting to see the prices after you've signed up for their membership program?! This is a little detail that is very worrisome to me.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.