ForumsQuestionsTaskAngel

TaskAngel
LSF_2

Posted: Feb 27, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
I have been using TA and it has been working fine but today when I have gone to sync with Toodledo, it is coming up with an error message saying unable to connect to Toodledo. The request was aborted. COuld not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

I've uninstalled the programme, deleted the xml files and then reinstalled but it still presents this error message. For reference, I am writing this post on the same PC which TA is installed.
Larry3

Posted: Feb 27, 2020
I'd suggest you contact Task Angel direct. He's very responsive so I'd expect a quick answer.
tek

Posted: Feb 29, 2020
I'm also having this new problem with a "cannot connect to server" error on two different machines at home. i'm able to login through the web and my subscription is still good. [although i discover it's time to renew in 2 weeks. ;-)]

I'll notify taskangel, too, but I suspect the problem is some change in the api or server certificates or something so he'll need the details to fix his wonderfully excellent program.

;-)
tek

i just see that there's a new version available. I'll try that to see if it solves the problem.
tek

yes, TaskAngel 3.6 Build 3740 fixes the problem. duh.
andrew

Posted: Mar 03, 2020
Hi,

Thank you for these messages. This fault has been reported to our TaskAngel support page by several customers in the past few days.

I see also that on the Toodledo web site a user of gSyncit is also reporting the same error. For some reason, Toodledo is rejecting the connection request. The fact that two different apps are seeing the same error makes me think it must be a Toodledo problem.

I haven't been able to reproduce this error myself but thanks to Tek for the information that our latest build of TaskAngel fixed it for you.

I will let you know if I discover any more.

Thanks,

Andrew
MyPocketSoft
https://www.taskangel.com
Anant G.

Posted: Mar 03, 2020
Posted by andrew:
Hi,

Thank you for these messages. This fault has been reported to our TaskAngel support page by several customers in the past few days.

I see also that on the Toodledo web site a user of gSyncit is also reporting the same error. For some reason, Toodledo is rejecting the connection request. The fact that two different apps are seeing the same error makes me think it must be a Toodledo problem.

I haven't been able to reproduce this error myself but thanks to Tek for the information that our latest build of TaskAngel fixed it for you.

I will let you know if I discover any more.

Thanks,

Andrew
MyPocketSoft
https://www.taskangel.com

Can you reach out to me at : [email protected]
andrew

Posted: Mar 06, 2020
Score: 1 Reference
Hi,

Here's an update on the SSL connection issue.

Upgrading to the latest version and build of TaskAngel fixes the problem. But only if you have Windows 10. Toodledo is now using tighter security protocols that are not used as standard on Windows 7.

I am working with Toodledo to find a workaround. This will require a further update to TaskAngel. I will let you know if we are successful with this. I am hoping to have the fix ready next week.

The latest version of TaskAngel is 3.6, build 3740. You can get it from our download page: https://www.taskangel.com/download

Thank you for your help and patience. I am sorry for the inconvenience this issue is causing you.

Best wishes,
Andrew
andrew

Posted: Mar 10, 2020
Hi,

Here's a fix for the SSL connection issue.

This issue was caused by Toodledo changing their security protocol to one that is not used as standard on Windows 7.

Please use Windows Update to apply “Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3042058)”. You can download it from this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3042058/microsoft-security-advisory-update-to-default-cipher-suite-priority-or

Please also update TaskAngel to version 3.6 build 3787 or later, from our download page at https://www.taskangel.com/download

Let me know if this fixes it for you, or if it doesn't.

Thanks,

Andrew

This message was edited Mar 10, 2020.
reay.ed1

Posted: Mar 12, 2020
Hello, Andrew,

Thank you for your help.

The Microsoft link goes to a page "Microsoft security advisory: update to default cipher suite priority order: May 12, 2015". The attempt to download the package on that page results in Server Error 404, File or directory not found. So I went down the rabbit hole, to the download center and back around to the page you referenced.

I have run out of what I know to get the package (Win 7, 64 bit) update for cipher suite. Any advice, person, MS somewhere? Yes, I have a Win 10 system. And my Win 7 systems are in daily use.

As it stands, it appears Win 7 systems cannot access Toodledo. This must involve thousands of Toodledo users. A solution would be welcomed.

Thanks again,

Ed
andrew

Hi Ed,

I just found this alternative link for the patch, that still seems to work:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB3042058

Regards,
Andrew
reay.ed1

Thank you.

Going to try it now.

Later,
Ed
reay.ed1

Posted: Mar 14, 2020
Hello Andrew,

Completed the rabbit holes. I have lots of detail you do not need, unless, of course, you want it. Both systems did not install KB3042058. But differently, one surprized.

Both systems are up to date on Win UP D as of February 2020. MS continues to protect the herd with antimalware updates. Another reason might be that MS Security Essentials is not the same product as MS Defender. And MSE was an additional product as OneNote is. These are my views and aside from the problem, thought worth the mention.

The Acer Aspire 5251 is an x64. The Catalogue had both Win 7 and Win 7 for x64. Both failed with "The update is not applicable to your computer".

The Sony VGN-A190 is an x32. I ran only the (x32) update, Surprize, it failed with "KB3042058 is already installed."

The Sony failure indicates that the cipher update is *not* *the problem* with Win 7 connectivity to the Toodledo web site.
So what is the problem? Is it the IE? Installing an other browser would be a simple fix. However, 15 April and other monsters approach and I don't have time for another rabbit hole.
What was actually done to the gateway or wherever?
The site is hosted. Correct?

No other site I have visited has refused connection. I stated earlier that I have a Win 10 system that gets on Toodledo with IE and Edge. Otherwise I would not be writing this in my office, but maybe at the library. I also mentioned these systems are used daily.

Would it be possible to contact other Win 7 users? I cannot be the only one.

Thank you very much for your help. I'm hoping you have connections with ready information, thus avoiding rabbit holes.

Sincerely, Ed

If you wish to reach me by phone, just write and we can make arrangements. You have my email.
andrew

Posted: Mar 25, 2020
Hi Ed,

I’m sorry this didn’t work for you.

This issue seems to have been precipitated by Toodledo changing their security protocol. They told me it is affecting other apps on Win7 as well.

I’m not part of Toodledo but hopefully they can help.

Regards,
Andrew
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.