ForumsQuestionsToodledo still alive?

Toodledo still alive?
strativourakis

Posted: Dec 02, 2020
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by japito8000:
Hi,

I currently have a free account (had gold but moved to another todo system) and I am thinking about having a paid subscription again. However, I read lots of comments about no response on support tickets and see no updates (e.g. on the IOS beta test app) so I was wondering how "alive" is Toodledo? Before moving and committing myself on a dead product :)

Regards

a) Which other task manager system did you move to?

b) Yes, ToodleDo seems almost totally dead. Just browse around the forums here for a bit; nothing but complaints & negative experiences with ToodleDo.

Whoever the new owners & operators are have killed ToodleDo. (Whoever the f% this "anat" guy is - he's a total loser).

Such a huge shame because it's really a great product, and could be so much better if anyone with 1% motivation and committment ran it.

What if we crowdsourced & bought it, ran it ourselves?

I continue to be struck by how many people come here BEGGING for ToodleDo to help, fix issues, etc; ToodleDo users seem extremely, extremely loyal.
Pretty much any other app / company, people would leave a negative review, be gone & never look back.

Not ToodleDo fans.

Just look at your post as an example; you've already moved to a different system, yet you come back here to check.

May I ask why?

I'm NOT being negative / judgmental; not at all; please do not misunderstand my tone & intent.

I'm saying ToodleDo has an amazingly loyal user base, to the point where even FORMER CUSTOMERS come back to check on it, beg for improvements, etc. and ToodleDo is completely crapping all over us.

It's fascinating to me how loyal ToodleDo users are, and how anat & ToodleDo owners/mgrs seem to extract joy out of slowly killing the product off and torturing their users.
strativourakis

Score: 0 Reference
Posted by cj:
Posted by mlb32704:
Do we really and truly believe that Toodledo is going to be sunset anytime soon, or is everyone just venting because Anant and Co. just don't respond to any support requests and the like anymore? I for one actually like the basics of Toodledo and don't want to switch to an alternative, but I'm staying tuned and keeping my options available. What's the closest/best and preferably free alternative, TickTick? Remember the Milk? Others?

Yes.
While I am a huge fan of Toodledo - the writing is definitely "on the wall"
- They have not been accepting paid subscriptions for a while (from what I understand) - and my premium subscription was automatically downgraded to the free, on the subscription renewal date (a smart move - not to take money).
- The IOS beta has expired. And there has not been any communications about it for many months. (ie... people running toodledo on ios just lost the product.
- If the toodledo owner(s) have abandoned any updates or support, it is only a matter of time before their server hosting runs out (months, weeks maybe a year) - and all toodledo functionality is lost.

Sorry to say - I was a huge fan and supporter, but now I am in the process of transferring my data and habits to a new platform.

Holy crap!!
I did not realize they have stopped taking new paid subscriptions.
Yikes, that is HUGE and NOT at all in a good way.

Giant red flag. Massive.

I'm definitely going to step up my plans to migrate & search for a new system, because with how we've been treated by ToodleDo so far, I would expect nothing other than for us to all wake up one day to find ToodleDo completely gone & shut down, with no explanation & not even so much as a "screw you idiots" from the owners/ operators.

Everyone here is making frequent, complete backups / exports of all their ToodleDo data, right??

Seems like that would be even more prudent than usual.... I used to do it very regularly & frequently; need to get back on that ASAP.
Larry3

cj wrote:
- They have not been accepting paid subscriptions for a while (from what I understand) - and my premium subscription was automatically downgraded to the free, on the subscription renewal date (a smart move - not to take money).

Just for clarification, did they downgrade without warning or offer to renew? Or that you hadn't renewed on expiration and then the downgraded?
cj

Posted by Larry3:
cj wrote:

Just for clarification, did they downgrade without warning or offer to renew? Or that you hadn't renewed on expiration and then the downgraded?

Sort of without warning.
I had it set for auto-renew for the standard or plus membership(I forget - they changed the names) , every April. But this year, it did not auto renew - instead I was downgraded automatically to the free tier.
The Dave

Mine renewed on/around Oct 9th and did bill my card.
cj

Posted: Dec 03, 2020
Posted by The Dave:
Mine renewed on/around Oct 9th and did bill my card.

You got renewed in October?
Interesting ... particularly if you can no longer access the IOS version.
I wonder how many others were renewed recently ...
because this would be an indicator that Toodledo will at least keep paying for the server.

BTW -
for anyone interested.
I was a very enthusiastic user for 10 years (I think that long)...
And was willing to wait out the recent chaos.
But after Anat went silent and the ios version ended, I had no choice but to start looking for other options.
I too evaluated other platforms.
Amazingly I settled in on the latest Google tasks. It's simple, straight forward and works on all platforms, and integrates with the calendar.
AND
I use something called tasksboard - which helps manage google tasks into a nice Kanban board.
it's not ideal, but free, and the kanban view of my tasks is very useful.
FYI
creinhard

Posted: Dec 03, 2020
Long-time ToodleDo user here ... My subscription was due to renew Aug 24 2020.

Since I wasn't sure if it would auto-renew, I manually "upgraded" to Plus on Aug 11, it all went through correctly.

In considering a replacement for Toodledo, I've looked at just about every other app out there, nothing makes me want to jump ship until the very last minute.

I make frequent Toodledo backups and I've purchased a RTM (Remember the Milk) account as a backup and I'm experimenting with swapping data in and out of RTM.

I realize that apps/software come and go ... I'm pretty handy with a spreadsheet, I'm wondering if Excel is my next Forever ToDo app :D

Chris

Allan

Posted: Dec 05, 2020
Posted by Allan:
Just moved to ticktick. Seems Fine

Relieved

Thanks for all the fish.

Been running with ticktick for almost a week ... Ticktick seems like Toodledo on steroids.

This message was edited Dec 05, 2020.
Michael Kiledjian

It's about time to dump the legacy users who don't want changes and their dated input. Do some harm. Change this App. Modernize the UI. Trying to bow to legacy users will kill this app. Transform it! I've been using this 8yrs plus... i'm waiting for you to come into the 21st century with a UI that fits today's technology.
Larry3

I doubt anyone from Toodledo will see this. The general consensus is it's been abandoned. Check other forum posts - large number of unanswered trouble tickets, no posts from Anant since Sept, iOS beta has expired with no word on new in the works. Lots of long-time users changing to other platforms.

So, your complaint is falling on deaf ears.
CharleneTX

Posted by Allan:
Posted by Allan:
Just moved to ticktick. Seems Fine

Relieved

Thanks for all the fish.

Been running with ticktick for almost a week ... Ticktick seems like Toodledo on steroids.

TD on steroids? I just checked it out. No repeating tasks. Only one level of sorting. No start date.
oletros

Posted: Dec 06, 2020
Posted by Michael Kiledjian:
It's about time to dump the legacy users who don't want changes and their dated input. Do some harm. Change this App. Modernize the UI. Trying to bow to legacy users will kill this app. Transform it! I've been using this 8yrs plus... i'm waiting for you to come into the 21st century with a UI that fits today's technology.

I'm sorry to tell you, but Toodledo is dead. I bet that it will be shutdown without notice in less than 6 months
The Dave

Posted: Dec 06, 2020
Posted by CharleneTX:
TD on steroids? I just checked it out. No repeating tasks. Only one level of sorting. No start date.

It has potential, but I’d call Toodledo to be TickTick on steroids. Time will tell.
Lenny_Wass

Posted: Dec 08, 2020
Ticktick actually does have repeating tasks.
Stephen

Posted: Dec 11, 2020
Hi folks, for those of you who are searching for an alternative to Toodledo, check out this forum: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/27591/0/were-back.html
This forum contains a lot of recommendations for other tools and a number of reports by people who have moved away from Toodledo, just like myself. I moved out to TickTick over two months ago and am very happy with it.
mlb32704

Posted: Dec 11, 2020
Score: 3 Reference
This post is for basic users, power users need not bother....

Toodledo is my to do list. It enabled me to move off of Palm to iOS in 2010 and I've been using it ever since. I am a BASIC user. I sort tasks by date then tags like 0001, 0002, etc. to prioritize within any given day. I use lots of standard and advanced repeats, and plenty of notes attached to tasks, but that's pretty much it. I use the Notebook section too, but there's a million other options for that out there, I've used Evernote in the past, it's fine. I really don't use any other Toodledo functionality albeit I do acknowledge that there is a ton available to power users. I read someone in the forums going on and on about how Toodledo should ignore basic users who are bringing everyone else down, lmao. OK, I guess that I'm guilty of keeping Toodledo in the Dark Ages. I get upset when they change a font :) Hey, I don't need the added functionality, sorry.

In any case, these are the alternatives that I've been evaluating:

TickTick
Google Tasks
ToDoist
Remember the Milk
Any.do
Microsoft To Do
2Do
GoodTask

Based on my own personal analysis and experience so far, for basic users such as myself that are looking to get as close as possible to the functionality, look and feel of Toodledo, my frontrunner is TickTick, with RTM a distant second. Each one of the others have some issue that are showstoppers to me, but someone else might find them a better fit. Again, my opinion, just looking to help out others here.

I wish everyone here good luck, a safe and happy holiday season, and hopefully Toodledo will wake up and at least have the courtesy to let its loyal base know wth is going on at some point.

This message was edited Dec 11, 2020.
kenckar

Posted: Dec 14, 2020
Take a look at Task Angel too. It syncs with toodledo, but I have heard there are problems with that. It seems to ve pretty similar basic functionality though.
mlb32704

Posted: Dec 14, 2020
Posted by kenckar:
Take a look at Task Angel too. It syncs with toodledo, but I have heard there are problems with that. It seems to ve pretty similar basic functionality though.

Forgot about Task Angel, that is a great alternative that works well with Toodledo. I also find the person behind the app easy to get in touch with and helpful. Just like Toodledo lol.
CharleneTX

Posted: Dec 15, 2020
Posted by kenckar:

Just looked into Task Angel. The hunt continues for an Android and Windows solution. *sigh*
mlb32704

Posted: Dec 15, 2020
Posted by CharleneTX:
Posted by kenckar:

Just looked into Task Angel. The hunt continues for an Android and Windows solution. *sigh*

I've been speaking with the developer at Task Angel, do not give up on them just yet....

Good news, bad news, great news...

Good news - if you really dig down deep, Task Angel is THE best alternative out there for basic Toodledo users such as myself. You can get tasks and notes to look and behave just about the same as is the case on Toodledo, importing and synchronization are stellar, I have no complaints and could really get this to work for me.

Bad news - Task Angel for iOS is free. Task Angel for Windows? Try $14.95 for two devices! I don't know how to even respond to that, except that there is no way in h that I'm paying a dime let alone $14.95 for the same basic Task Angel app on Windows vs. iOS. And the clincher is that the Notes component of Task Angel is free to try, then $1 to buy :) That's kind of silly.

Great news - a Web based cross platform Task Angel is in the works, which would run on all platforms - Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Web etc. It sounds like it is very early on, so I'm hoping that Toodledo doesn't pull the plug anytime soon. No word on pricing yet, too early to tell but it won't be free. If it's a dollar or two, no big deal, but if it's priced anything like their Windows app, no way. Honestly, I think that these guys have got THE app to transition from Toodledo to, but they might be more geared towards businesses versus individual consumers? That's the only rationale that I can think of as to how they can charge what they are charging for essentially the same thing that others are charging little to nothing for.

Bottom line - Task Angel's upcoming new platform may or may not be the solution, based on pricing and timing relative to the slow death crawl of Toodledo. If Toodledo were to pull the plug today, or tomorrow, or even the next few weeks months, etc., my frontrunner is still TickTick. I can get TickTick real close, not as close as Task Angel, but very close, and they have been receptive and responsive to my questions as well. So that's a refreshing change to Toodledo at least :)

Hope this helps, good luck and everyone please keep sharing on this topic, very important.

PS keep backing up everything regularly. I did some digging on Toodledo "leadership", suffice it to say that they are focused on a totally different agenda right now that most definitely does not include Toodledo. It's gonna die at some point, no doubt, they've simply given up and I don't expect to hear from Anant or anyone else at Toodledo anytime soon. Maybe they'll have the dignity to at least let us know that they're shutting Toodledo down before they actually do it.

:)

This message was edited Dec 15, 2020.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.