ForumsQuestionsIphone app no longer works at all

Iphone app no longer works at all
rob

Posted: Nov 10, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
The iphone app used to crash all the time, now it doesn't open at all. How long do I have to wait until you sort it out? Having a todo list that works on my phone is a must. Can someone give me a timeline?
Thanks
Rob
J--O--D

The old app opens for me without problems. Probably uninstall completely and redownload, no other idea. The new team must have started a complete rewrite of the native app and first betas with limited features is expected in early 2022. You can submit a support ticket, maybe a fiix will be created but do not expect them investing their time into an app broken by previous terrible owners.

More useful would be to use the web app on iPhone, I suppose.

This message was edited Nov 10, 2021.
LSF_2

Failing that, Task Angel.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted by rob:
The iphone app used to crash all the time, now it doesn't open at all. How long do I have to wait until you sort it out? Having a todo list that works on my phone is a must. Can someone give me a timeline?
Thanks
Rob

Hi rob -
I'm so sorry about the state of the iPhone app! As mentioned above, we are rewriting the native apps and the first beta release is expected in early 2022.

That being said, there is a TestFlight version of the current app that the previous team left us with that has some bug fixes in it. It may work out better for you. We don't plan to release it to the app store since we haven't thoroughly tested it, but it has worked out well for many users.

If you'd like access to try it out, let me know!
LSF_2

When you say you are rewriting native apps, do you mean you’re doing more than one?
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Nov 11, 2021
Posted by Toby Goldsmith:
When you say you are rewriting native apps, do you mean you’re doing more than one?

Sorry, to clarify, we are rewriting both the iOS and Android native apps.
rob

Posted: Nov 13, 2021
Posted by J--O--D:
[quote]More useful would be to use the web app on iPhone, I suppose.[/quote]
Thanks I assume you mean m.toodledo.com. This works as a temporary solution. It least I can see my tasks.

[quote]Failing that, Task Angel.[/quote]
Thanks tried this but it wouldn't download anything from Toodledo.

Posted by PamelaH:
[quotethere is a TestFlight version of the current app that the previous team left us with that has some bug fixes in it. It may work out better for you. We don't plan to release it to the app store since we haven't thoroughly tested it, but it has worked out well for many users.
If you'd like access to try it out, let me know![/quote]
No thanks I'll stick with mobile app for now. You crack on with getting a decent phone app sorted.

Thanks all
Rob
gschlyter

Posted: Nov 18, 2021
Posted by rob:
Thanks
Rob

I'm having the same issue, have been for a few weeks now, I've resorted to accessing the web app from Chrome on my iPhone. Early 2022 seems a long way out.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Nov 18, 2021
Posted by gschlyter:
Posted by rob:
Thanks
Rob

I'm having the same issue, have been for a few weeks now, I've resorted to accessing the web app from Chrome on my iPhone. Early 2022 seems a long way out.

I agree, and we are so sorry for the inconvenience!

Please email me at [email protected] if you'd like to try out the TestFlight app I mentioned.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Dec 01, 2021
I'm having the same problem with the ios app not even opening before throwing me back on the iOS home page.

Stupid me - app had been running fine for ages on my phone and went and updated a bunch of apps and swept up toodle in that mass phone update. Not sure what version I was running before but the new version "worked" initially but ran as slow as molasses (as in I had to wait 4-10 seconds for the input keyboard to appear and then multiple seconds for each key I pressed to input text to appear one by one).

Now the app won't start up at all and I just get the Toodle white logo screen and then the app crashes completely.

Is there way to get access to the old more stable version of the IOS toodle app so I can just get back to where I was before?

Thx!
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Dec 01, 2021
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Ob-La-Di+ruben:
I'm having the same problem with the ios app not even opening before throwing me back on the iOS home page.

Stupid me - app had been running fine for ages on my phone and went and updated a bunch of apps and swept up toodle in that mass phone update. Not sure what version I was running before but the new version "worked" initially but ran as slow as molasses (as in I had to wait 4-10 seconds for the input keyboard to appear and then multiple seconds for each key I pressed to input text to appear one by one).

Now the app won't start up at all and I just get the Toodle white logo screen and then the app crashes completely.

Is there way to get access to the old more stable version of the IOS toodle app so I can just get back to where I was before?

Thx!

We unfortunately don't have a way to get the older version, but we do have a slightly updated version that the previous team left us with that fixes some issues. We have put it on Apple TestFlight -- if you would like an invite, feel free to send me an email at [email protected].
FHE-IV

Posted: Dec 19, 2021
I'm in the process of upgrading to a new phone and had to update the app. Unfortunately, I lost the ability to use the app on my phone. How is the beta version working?
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Dec 21, 2021
Posted by FHE-IV:
I'm in the process of upgrading to a new phone and had to update the app. Unfortunately, I lost the ability to use the app on my phone. How is the beta version working?

It does fix a lot of issues that are in the app store version of the app (3.4). There are unfortunately still some small bugs, but we are on track to release completely new mobile apps in early 2022.

If you'd like to try out the beta version, please send me an email at [email protected]
FHE-IV

Posted: Dec 29, 2021
Posted by PamelaH:
Posted by FHE-IV:

It does fix a lot of issues that are in the app store version of the app (3.4). There are unfortunately still some small bugs, but we are on track to release completely new mobile apps in early 2022.

If you'd like to try out the beta version, please send me an email at [email protected]

----------------------

I just wanted to share this great news and I hope it works for others as well. A couple of weeks ago, I updated my phone to iOS 15.2. I had been operating on the latest IOS 14. I updated my phone, it was an original iPhone SE because I was transferring over to my brand-new second edition iPhone SE.

Apple informed me that in order to use the latest method to update my phone, the old phone had to be updated to iOS 15. After this update, the Toodledo app stopped functioning. As long as my computer is on or if my phone is on during the course of a day, I am using the platform.

I discovered if I use Safari, I can do most of what I need to do. That gave me a big sigh of relief to know I could access Toodledo once again on my phone. I used this manner of interacting with the platform ever since... Until two days ago. What I just learned came as a complete surprise that I would never have expected. Here is what I want to share:

I used the latest iCloud method to transfer my data from my old phone to my new iPhone SE second generation. After doing so, to my surprise, the Toodledo app is working again!!! My phone is using iOS version 15.2

The version of Toodledo that I am using is version... 3.3.10 (5222) as reported on the about screen of the app.

There may be others that have experienced this same situation, and I'm sharing this because I know how important one's task manager can be. I wonder if resetting your phone to the factory settings and then uploading a fresh backup of the phone would do the trick for others to get the Toodledo app working again. The only thing I had to do after migrating my data to the new phone was to reenter the passwords for some apps and for my email.

Anyway, I hope this helps!

This message was edited Dec 29, 2021.
strativourakis

Posted: Jan 18, 2022
Failing that, Task Angel.

Interesting…. How does Task Angel work?

I actually already have it downloaded; will it sync with my existing ToodleDo info or what?

Any more info you could provide would be greatly appreciated!!
rob

Posted: Apr 07, 2022
We are no longer in early 2022. Is the iphone app ready yet?
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Apr 07, 2022
Rob,

You are right about that!
Did you receive our latest newsletter?
Please have a look at the following forum post:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/28617/0/early-sneak-peek-into-next-generation-iosandroid-app-betas .html

Happy to get your feedback on the newest mobile app!
rob

Posted: Apr 23, 2022
Posted by hasnain_2:
Happy to get your feedback on the newest mobile app!

I have been using the beta app for a week or so and I have to say that I can't believe how you guys think it got past Alpha testing.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Apr 25, 2022
Rob,

Happy to hear your opinion as to why you are so dissatisfied with the current state:
please email us at [email protected]

Thanks,
Hasnain
slandon215

Posted: Aug 21, 2022
I haven't been able to use Toodledo on my iPhone for almost a year. I've tried all the fixes listed in this blog without any success. At least I can use it on my laptop, but that doesn't do me any good when I'm not in a position to use my laptop. Is anything going to change?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.