ForumsQuestionsAMA / Ask me Anything

AMA / Ask me Anything
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Dec 22, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by KiwiGran:
I'm not exactly your target market, just someone who likes to keep lists of things that need to be done and likes checking them off.
I've tried lots of different task managers and this one is by far the easiest to use. My favourite function is the Search one. It's so easy compared to another well known to do list (with a similar name) that requires you to write code to do a search!

KiwiGran,

We appreciate the positive feedback!
Please spread the word among your friends and family (and we certainly always appreciate user feedback on the following platforms:
https://www.g2.com/products/toodledo/reviews
https://www.capterra.com/p/180631/Toodledo/
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted by MarkeClinger:
Hi,

Long time user here, started in 2009. I use Toodledo for personal goals and tasks and for work goals with my primary use for Sales Task/Opportunity Management. I often get asked how do I keep on top of so many activities - Toodledo. I use Zapier to integrate with my companies Salesforce app and with my OneNote. I use the web version on my personal Mac and work PC. I also use the iPhone and iPad applications.

The biggest productivity feature I would like to see added to Toodledo is a calendar and/or calendar integration. I would like tasks with a time on them to show up on my Outlook calendar (ideally) or a Toodledo calendar. This would help with setting aside time to work on specific tasks. I believe this would have to be via a subscribe to internet calendar feature for my GCC High instance of Outlook to be able to ingest the information.

I am glad to see Toodledo continuing. Every year I evaluate all of the ToDo apps on the market to see if I should switch and every year I stick with Toodledo. The customized fields for folders, tags, context and goals give the flexibility and functionality I need for Sales account/opportunity/task management.

Marke

Marke,

We appreciate having you as a long-time community member!
Thanks a lot for your constructive feedback and also for elaborating on how you have integrated Toodledo for your business (as a side note, perhaps you should post this in a separate forum topic to help out other community members on how to do this!).

For feature requests, we highly recommend documenting these in our roadmap: https://roadmap.toodledo.com/ this will help the community to upvote the features and for us to prioritize the development.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted by helillourenco:
I vouch for a lot of what is being said in this AMA, and I would like to point out that, for yet another group of new owners you have also been very silent. You should communicate more often with an user base avid for actual news!
I also want to ask if there are any plans to update Toodledo's look. Apart from all the functionality that makes us stick with the service, even with all the problems along the way, all the quests for alternatives had us see better looking interfaces.

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for your constructive feedback.
We agree that communication is key. We have been trying to keep the community informed with newsletters and updates on this forum.
Please let us know what you would feel would be an appropriate interval and form of communication.
As mentioned, the first 6 months have been challenging. We have been putting out a lot of fires ;-) However, 2022 should allow us to work more on new features and improvements for Toodledo. As mentioned, the mobile apps have been keeping us full-time busy. Once these are released (Q1 2022) we should have more capacity to focus on new features and communication.

Happy to hear your feedback.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted by Harry44:
Any possibility of an Auto Refresh capability or if one exists how to find and set it? Love the product for the last 15 years

Harry,

Appreciate having you as a long time user!
Perhaps you can elaborate on what you mean exactly?
Happy to also continue communication on info(at)toodledo.com

Thanks!
fdoten

Posted: Dec 24, 2021
Thank you for breathing new life into this app!!!

Is there any chance I will be able to use it again on my iPod Touch IOS v6 device? I really miss it here!

Best wishes for a prosperous and successful new year!
davidfitzgerald10

Posted: Dec 26, 2021
Score: 1 Reference
Hello New Team and Good Luck. I've used Toodledo on and off for years and love it tbh. I'm debating upgrading to a paid subscription to support the product but .....My question and concern is about the security of our information; as well as the excellent Task app, I use it extensively for Notes, some of which contain slightly sensitive info.

Can you give some assurance as to the protection of our info on your servers, especially compared to iNotes, which is my main potential alternative and where the iCloud security seems strong? Are you considering bringing back desktop versions of Toodledo? That way we may secure info on our desktops instead of the cloud?

Many Thanks
hotdotjams

Posted by hasnain_2:
Posted by Harry44:
Any possibility of an Auto Refresh capability or if one exists how to find and set it? Love the product for the last 15 years

Harry,

Thanks!

I tend to prefer the manual refresh, however if you would decide to integrate an automatic refresh, I hope you will consider an undo feature. I am a big user of the control L function we're selecting multiple items to change, and I use the bulk I don't function frequently as well.

Thank you for all the hard work you're doing to improve the platform.

- Rick

This message was edited Dec 26, 2021.
RichardWhite

I’d be interested to know what your strategy is for increasing options to add new tasks without using the keyboard: eg using dictation, SIRI shortcuts, more IFTTT support, dictation on the Apple iWatch. I would like to be able to just speak into my iPhone or watch and dictate a task including specifying tags, folders etc - or by specifying a profile which includes multiple attributes.

I have been using ToodleDo for a long time. 15 years maybe? I’m a power user, and love the versatility to organize and filter tasks. What is most important to me is program reliability, and the integrity of my data. I like the idea another user suggested of an export to PDF as a failsafe; though i’d mostly likely use a CSV export to port my data to another app if I really had to.

Some feature request ideas include:
- WYSIWYG support for rich text including lists in task notes and notes.
- ability to use IOS authentication mechanism to automatically log into ToodleDo
- support for Files and OneDrive import of files
TJ_1402957520

Posted: Dec 28, 2021
I love/loved Toodledo, but I am heavily integrated with Alexa, and Google Assistant, Google Calendar, etc. I need it to work on my phone, my Apple table, my Windows PC, etc. I have been forced to use another competitor that has great, albeit quite imperfect, integration. I would love to have a *relatively* seamless experience, to the degree possible. Toodledo is/was my favorite, but the integration needs to be improved.
Ummagumma

Posted: Dec 29, 2021
Toodledo's pricing and its "quaint" interface with lack of modern features make it a niche product in a niche market.

So my question is simple - can you disclose your intermediate and long (2-3 years) term plans regarding the development plan (both mobile and desktop) and pricing structure? How are you planning on attracting new customers over the likes of Todoist or ClickUp ?
tobankeisha

Posted: Dec 31, 2021
Thank you for upgrading the app !!!

Best wishes and a successful New Year!
developer
https://www.worktime.com/employee-time-tracking-softwaree
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jan 03, 2022
Posted by hotdotjams:
Posted by hasnain_2:
Posted by Harry44:

Harry,

Thanks!

I tend to prefer the manual refresh, however if you would decide to integrate an automatic refresh, I hope you will consider an undo feature. I am a big user of the control L function we're selecting multiple items to change, and I use the bulk I don't function frequently as well.

Thank you for all the hard work you're doing to improve the platform.

- Rick

Thanks for the feedback, Rick! This is definitely one of those items that we will require careful design, as there are long-time users who have different preferences. When we do add automatic refresh, it will be configurable and have an undo feature.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted by RichardWhite:
I’d be interested to know what your strategy is for increasing options to add new tasks without using the keyboard: eg using dictation, SIRI shortcuts, more IFTTT support, dictation on the Apple iWatch. I would like to be able to just speak into my iPhone or watch and dictate a task including specifying tags, folders etc - or by specifying a profile which includes multiple attributes.

I have been using ToodleDo for a long time. 15 years maybe? I’m a power user, and love the versatility to organize and filter tasks. What is most important to me is program reliability, and the integrity of my data. I like the idea another user suggested of an export to PDF as a failsafe; though i’d mostly likely use a CSV export to port my data to another app if I really had to.

Some feature request ideas include:
- WYSIWYG support for rich text including lists in task notes and notes.
- ability to use IOS authentication mechanism to automatically log into ToodleDo
- support for Files and OneDrive import of files

Hi Richard -
Thank you for your message and for the feedback. With regards to dictation, it is on our roadmap to support siri integration and Apple Watch dictation. We don't have an exact timeline yet, but will be sometime this year after our first initial release of the new mobile apps. In the meantime, there is a 3rd party app for Apple Watch dictation that we have used and works great: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/28519/-127471/taptask-is-designed-to-work-with-toodledo-to-add-tas ks-via-watch.html

Your other suggestions -- task templates, WYSIWYG support, FaceId are on our radar as well.
Can you elaborate on "support for Files and OneDrive import of files"?
Thank you!
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted by TJ_1402957520:
I love/loved Toodledo, but I am heavily integrated with Alexa, and Google Assistant, Google Calendar, etc. I need it to work on my phone, my Apple table, my Windows PC, etc. I have been forced to use another competitor that has great, albeit quite imperfect, integration. I would love to have a *relatively* seamless experience, to the degree possible. Toodledo is/was my favorite, but the integration needs to be improved.

Thank you for the constructive feedback! We agree that integration is major weak point right now, and we have plans to integrate various voice platforms (Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri, Apple Watch).
The Google Calendar integration currently works, but we will be improving it to make an instant sync (rather than 5 min intervals).
The mobile apps are also a weak point that we are actively working on.
bryan.hatt

Posted: Jan 04, 2022
Posted by hasnain_2:
Posted by KiwiGran:
I'm not exactly your target market, just someone who likes to keep lists of things that need to be done and likes checking them off.
I've tried lots of different task managers and this one is by far the easiest to use. My favourite function is the Search one. It's so easy compared to another well known to do list (with a similar name) that requires you to write code to do a search!

KiwiGran,

Please spread the word among your friends and family (and we certainly always appreciate user feedback on the following platforms:

Hi Hasnain,

Your first link to www.g2.com reviews is full of clearly false/faked reviews around October last year with odd words and a common syntax. I think there are a lot of people that would be very put off using Toodledo if they saw that page.
Ummagumma

Posted: Jan 05, 2022
Posted by bryan.hatt:
Posted by hasnain_2:
Posted by KiwiGran:

KiwiGran,

Hi Hasnain,

Your first link to www.g2.com reviews is full of clearly false/faked reviews around October last year with odd words and a common syntax. I think there are a lot of people that would be very put off using Toodledo if they saw that page.

Yes, these reviews are cringe inducing and don't do the product any favors. People looking for a sophisticated productivity tool would be sophisticated enough themselves to spot fake reviews.

If you want to promote the product, you really should enlist the help of someone who can honestly and concisely compare Toodledo to top three major competing titles and explain why in their opinion it's a better choice. Preferably with as little emoticons and flowery language as possible.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jan 06, 2022
Posted by bryan.hatt:
Posted by hasnain_2:
Posted by KiwiGran:

KiwiGran,

Hi Hasnain,

Thanks for letting us know about that!

We are investigating to see how those reviews got there and see if we can remove the fake reviews.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted by Ummagumma:
Toodledo's pricing and its "quaint" interface with lack of modern features make it a niche product in a niche market.

So my question is simple - can you disclose your intermediate and long (2-3 years) term plans regarding the development plan (both mobile and desktop) and pricing structure? How are you planning on attracting new customers over the likes of Todoist or ClickUp ?

In the short to intermediate term, we are focusing on bringing the mobile apps up to 2022 standards. We will be improving the interface, improving performance and stability, and adding new features that currently aren't supported on mobile.

Longer term, we will be updating the web interface as well. In addition to updating the look and feel, we will be adding new features (while of course keeping the flexibility and efficiency of the current interface). We don't yet have an exact roadmap, but will be largely informed by customer feedback on the forums and roadmap.toodledo.com. We also will be adding and improving on the integration with various platforms -- Alexa, Siri, Google Calendar, Outlook, etc.

This message was edited Jan 06, 2022.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted by fdoten:
Thank you for breathing new life into this app!!!

Is there any chance I will be able to use it again on my iPod Touch IOS v6 device? I really miss it here!

Best wishes for a prosperous and successful new year!

We will initially be focused on more modern devices. We will make a best effort attempt to support older devices, but can't make any promises yet (and it will definitely be after the first release, as we would like to get the apps out to the majority of users ASAP). I know that is not the answer you want to hear :-(
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jan 10, 2022
Posted by Ummagumma:
Posted by bryan.hatt:
Posted by hasnain_2:
Posted by KiwiGran:

KiwiGran,

Hi Hasnain,

Yes, these reviews are cringe inducing and don't do the product any favors. People looking for a sophisticated productivity tool would be sophisticated enough themselves to spot fake reviews.

If you want to promote the product, you really should enlist the help of someone who can honestly and concisely compare Toodledo to top three major competing titles and explain why in their opinion it's a better choice. Preferably with as little emoticons and flowery language as possible.

Thanks a lot for the heads up!

I spoke to our contact person at G2 on Friday and they are looking at these.
We were under the assumption that G2 verifies the users before they can post any reviews.
The suspicious one's mentioned have been requested to be removed!

Thanks again to our community for being aware and keeping us updated!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.