ForumsQuestionsDate Selected in Calendar

Date Selected in Calendar
tbaker

Posted: Aug 26, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hello everyone,
I have the Toodledo news in my RSS feeds, so I don't think I've missed an announcement, but have noticed a change that I don't quite understand.

I have due dates set for all applicable tasks, and usually have to update them when tasks change. I've noticed that the Darker Blue date that shows up as selected is not the due date I had set, but the date before it.

Is this a bug, or am I missing some functionality that is apparent to everyone else?
Anders

Yup, that must be another bug. There must have been some change to Time/date information, at least for some timezones. There was another bug the other day where sort by Due Date was off by a day. Toodledo fixed that, but the date picker calendar, as you pointed out, is now showing the wrong selected date. This also seems to be affecting at least one 3rd party iPhone app which now has all the dates wrong. I'm sure Toodledo will be able to fix the date picker.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I'm not able to reproduce this bug, and I don't see any support tickets about it either. Can you please check your timezone in your accounts settings to make sure that it is accurate?
Anders

I was trying to take some screenshots to attach to a ticket, but I can't get a shot of the date picker calendar because it disappears every time I try to shoot it. Even print screen didn't manage to capture it. The problem is pretty easy to visualize though. For instance I have a task with a Due Date of August 28. If I click on the Due Date, the date picker comes up. It says August 28, but in the calendar itself, the 27th is highlighted in blue as if it is the currently set Due Date.
Vin Thomas

You could use jing to capture a small video.
Anders

Good thinking Vin. Now that you mention it, I actually downloaded a FF addon that captures video, but I completely forgot about it. I will try it out first, and go to Jing if needed.
Anders

I created the support ticket with video attached.
Anders

I also wanted to mention, for Toodledo's benefit that there is no failure notice when a support ticket is not created.

The first video I shot was too large to be uploaded to the support ticket. When I hit "Create Ticket", the page took about two minutes to reload, and when it did, my ticket was not there. I realized what had happened because I have used support tickets before and know that I should get a confirmation message, and the ticket should show up right in front of me. However, I think someone creating their first ticket would be likely to think it must have gone through. Granted, there are probably not a lot of people trying to attach huge files to support tickets, but a failure message would be a good idea IMO.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 27, 2009
Thanks for the bug report about large attachments on support tickets.
tbaker

My timezone is set accurately.

For reference, Toodldo iPhone app is showing the date properly so it does seem isolated down to the code running the Date Picker.

I'm not using Due Times, or even start date/time for that matter, only Due Dates. I had turned Due Times on to experiment if it helped me in my process out, but didn't find myself using it, so I've since turned it off. I'm not sure if this is related, but just trying to provide as much troubleshooting info as possible.

Seeing it in Both IE and FF. I'm happy to help with any additional testing as I can't seem to make it go away. :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I found and fixed the bug. Anders, thanks for the video!

The bug fix will be released in the next website update, which is currently planned for tomorrow, unless Internet Explorer testing turns up compatibility issues.
Anders

Cool. What did you think of Vin's "Truly Dark" user style?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.