ForumsQuestionsGoals (they ROCK)

Goals (they ROCK)
tjreo

Posted: Mar 16, 2008
Score: 3 Reference
When I first saw that Toodledo had something called Goals, I will admit that I thought it was a gimmick. I do understand the power of goals but the thought of having them in a "To Do List" seemed a bit of a stretch.

Boy was I wrong.

It may sound like an overstatement but the implementation of Goals here is changing my life. By that, I mean that it is changing how I prioritize my time during the day. There are certain goals that I assign a MUCH higher priority to (in my mind) than others. This helps me to set task priorities in line with my life priorities.

Most of the time, for me, a short-term goal and a project are one in the same although they answer different questions. "Where am I going?" versus "How to I get there?" For me, many times, there will be a one-to-one relationship between goal and project.

I would love to see Folders have a default goal.

Projects (folders) are used to achieve goals. Almost every task UNDER a project of mine will end up with the same goal AS the project. When selecting a folder via the drop-down box (whether on a new or an existing task)... if that folder has a default goal, change the goal to that default value.

Also, the goal drop-down box is difficult to navigate. As difficult as a hierarchical tree-view selection is to create, it seems like a good solution in this case.

Again, the goals implementation ROCKS. I can hardly wait to see it even more robust.

This message was edited Mar 16, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 16, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. People have also suggested having a default context for a folder, so these two things are on our todo list for a future update.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.