ForumsQuestionsReassign Button Column Size and functionality

Reassign Button Column Size and functionality
tbaker

Posted: Oct 21, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi All,
I've recently started using the Collaborator abilty with another pro user co-worker. I've found that the horizontal space needed to have the reassign button field work is far more space than I'd like to give it :).

I'm thinking if the result of clicking the reassign button should pull up a small fly-out window (like hovering the checkbox or sub-task icons) that would give you the ability to select the collaborator, and Ideally, the Folder and Context to use if that user has those fields enabled.

Doing this would reduce how much space is needed to have the Reassign button turned on and also solve some of the apparent challenges with reassigning a task and it defaulting to no Folder/Context, brought up else where in the forum.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, we do plan to improve the reassign button. We are thinking of putting it in the checkbox hover popup box that already exists.
tbaker

That would be great!

I ask only that you include the ability to specify the target folder as well.

My co-workers have different names for the same folder, so being able to specify the folder (limited of course to the folders that are shared with me) I'd like to put it in, would be immensity helpful.

This also has the side affect of being able to remove the reassign column, which would also save some horizontal-scrolling screen real estate, which I'm sure any power user could appriciate.
Jay Armstrong

good news, and good suggestions, tbaker
tbaker

Posted: Oct 22, 2009
This could be used in conjunction with the thoughts I posted to thread - http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1886/0/keep-folders-when-assigningreassigning-please.html

The idea I had in the other thread would be to establish a possible mapping between your folders and the folders shared with you by others. If you establish the mapping, the default folder that would be shown when you reassign the task should be the folder in your collaborators list that's been previously paired with the folder in your list that the task already belongs to.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.