ForumsQuestionsWorkgroups Sharing Tasks in a Shared Folder

Workgroups Sharing Tasks in a Shared Folder
Frisco Websites

Posted: May 21, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the quick response! Awesome application!
bard.standal

Posted: Jun 18, 2009
september 14 this was top priority. When do you think you have it fixed? It would really be great for managing a family (or small business) in toodledo!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 18, 2009
It is still top priority and we are working on it, but it is a big project that affects most of the underlying subsystem of Toodledo so it is long and complicated.
Sebastian Knopp

Posted: Jul 05, 2009
I am also waiting for this feature ;)
rcbathome

Posted: Sep 20, 2009
I just got my wife to try the free trial and we were really bummed that we couldn't sync a task list between us. The collaboration sharing feature and not being able to access via the iPhone is a real bummer. We've been using Zenbe for our grocery list but that is so limited we wanted something more. I've been testing Toodledo for my work/life task/goal list for the past few weeks and so far it is top on my list but this was a real letdown! I hope you can add that feature soon. Thank you.

Rick
NCS

Posted: Oct 23, 2009
Yes, please, get this feature working as soon as possible!

It should simply work such that a shared folder appears with all your other folders, but maybe marked as a shared folder, but otherwise should behave exactly the same as your ow folder. All it needs is a column to show who is assigned to it (Yourself, collaborator, anyone, everyone).

I have bought two accounts for two users, but see that even Toodledo recommends sharing one account for this, which we are now doing.
olivier

Posted: Apr 02, 2010
Hello, any news regzrding this topic ? Is it possible now, i year later ?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 02, 2010
This is on our to-do list, but it is our policy to not comment on our roadmap or delivery dates for future feature improvements.
Fraser

Posted: Sep 23, 2010
This one has been at the top of the list for a few years now. I am truly hoping that this can be done. I love Toodledo, but Remember the Milk has the shared folders which is critical for a lot of us who have partners at home and want a single family task list to work on.

Currently it's not really shared tasks at all.. It's allow someone to see my tasks, and allow someone to assign tasks.

I hope that this feature come into play prior to my pro account expiring.
peter

Currently it's not really shared tasks at all.. It's allow someone to see my tasks, and allow someone to assign tasks.

Yeah, that's a a good summary. Even so, it would be passable for my own needs, IF it were possible to view collaborators using the iPhone app. Without that, I'm sunk. Apparently I need to take my iPhone feature request to the appigo folks.

I do understand how true sharing could require a complete re-architecting of the foundation. Although ToodleDo has many, many great features and designs, this omission is a tough one. It's a good lesson for software developers: today, users will expect almost everything to become mobile and multi-user.
piyush_soni

If we cannot yet do it, what are the features on page http://www.toodledo.com/info/sharing.php all about? Am I missing something here? I'm new to ToodleDo.
tayler

Posted: Dec 28, 2010
Posted by piyush_soni:
If we cannot yet do it, what are the features on page http://www.toodledo.com/info/sharing.php all about? Am I missing something here? I'm new to ToodleDo.

The sharing doesn't work on the iPhone, defeating the purpose of sharing for many users.

One problem with the suggested solutoin given a few months ago (sharing a login and password, but separating task lists using folders) is that the "badge" that tells the number of tasks due (the number that shows up on the iPhone app icon) is for all tasks--not for tasks in a given folder. Thus, if you want a quick way of seeing how many tasks you have left today, you can't share an account with someone.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.