ForumsQuestionsPlease vote on this feature (Saved Views Update)

Please vote on this feature (Saved Views Update)
cindy.nugteren

Posted: Nov 18, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi!
I just imported my tasks from RTM to toodledo, mainly because I can set a start date in toodledo and not in RTM.
I like it so far, the only thing I miss in toodledo is the fact that I can't save my filters. In the GTD book, it is stressed how important it is to be able to determine your next action based on context, time available, energy level and priority. The fact that I can't change change the list based on my needs in one mouse click is a disappointment to me..
So one vote from me!

This message was edited Nov 18, 2010.
PeterW 

Score: -1 Reference
You can do this in Toodledo. Make sure you have turned on the Context and Tag fields in your account settings. Then create your contexts. For time & energy, you can use tags.

Then click on View by at the top and select context or tag and you will see tabs for each of your contexts and tags respectively.

Also checkout the Search view. This is a powerful feature that allows you to set up simple or complex filters of your data based on any field including contexts, tags, etc. Doing this will give you the single mouse-click access to your data that you seek.
Salgud

Also, a lot of us use the Search tab as the default instead of the Main tab, so we go directly to our saved Searches. If you, like me, use them the most, this is the way to go.
cindy.nugteren

Posted: Nov 19, 2010
Hi,
Yes, I see that I should have done more research before posting. I'm very pleased to see that I can do everything I need. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
MaureenH

Posted: Nov 20, 2010
yes
Osaga

Posted: Jan 04, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Saving Custom Views

Still waiting for this critical feature to be implemented. I've been asking for over a year now and will keep requesting for this feature to be implemented.

Come on Jake.. I've seen far less useful features get implemented. What's a man gotta do to get this one started?

I'm beggin ya here!
Salgud

Posted: Jan 04, 2011
Up on my back legs, paws extended, panting appropriately!
Jeff Putney

Posted: Feb 05, 2011
Yes please! Different searches represent different types of tasks and different use cases which often have a sort order implied. Not saving the sort makes switching between searches very cumbersome.

This message was edited Feb 05, 2011.
Catherine

Posted: Feb 06, 2011
+1 for me
Would make saved searches useful for me (currently am not using them because the functionality doesn't work for me)
mikeweadley

Posted: Feb 25, 2011
+1
Aaron L.

Posted: Jun 02, 2011
+1

I agree with my fellow posters. It would be fantastic to be able to save sorting preferences as part of my searches. In addition, adding the ability to reorder my search tabs at the top of the page would be nice.

Adding searches to the iphone app would also be a nice feature, but not as urgent.
Jrod

Posted: Jun 02, 2011
Yes!
marcoluce

Posted: Jul 13, 2011
Absolutely +1! Call it "custom views" or "save display settings with searches" - it's my only feature request to toodledo, actually :-)

My main usage of this would be a "projects" view that shows all my projects with indented subtasks and alphabetical or priority sorting, and a "next action" view which shows subtasks flattened and sorted by context.

Marco
don.mullins

Posted: Jul 13, 2011
mitra

Posted: Nov 07, 2011
I add my voice to that requesting searches orders to be saved as well - I use one search for anything with the word "today" in it, and want those sorted alphabetically, but this mucks up my other saved searches which are sorted by Star and then Importance.

Also .... can we please have "Quick Search" within search, I've got a saved "Hotter" search which gives me what I want instead of the limited algorithm in the official Hotlist. BUT when I do this, I can't search within it.
Peter Scott

Posted: Nov 08, 2011
I was just about to post my own feature request ticket for this when I saw this thread get bumped. I was sure that sorting and filtering were on a per-search basis and was extremely disappointed to find they were global.

Customizing searches with particular sorting and filtering options is a must. Example: I have one search that shows next actions, it excludes deferred tasks. I have another that shows things I am waiting for, it is on status = Waiting|Delegated. Can't switch between those the way things are.
Folke X

Posted: Nov 09, 2011
+1
Salgud

+1
cj

+1
jaakko.estama

Posted: Nov 23, 2011
+1
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.