ForumsQuestionsAlternate Grid Views (Simple, Advanced)

Alternate Grid Views (Simple, Advanced)
Vin Thomas

Posted: Mar 15, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I thought I saw this a while ago, but I wanted to bring it up again.

Most of the time while working in Toodledo I don't really need many fields enabled. But since *some* of my tasks require advanced fields (repeat, priority, tag, etc) I end up having a cluttered interface that looks like this:

You'll notice that most of the fields are blank (status, due, priority, repeat, tag) . But I have to have them shown since somewhere in my task list the field is required.

What I would like is a second grid view. I could use this 95% of the time and not have to worry about the clutter of those fields I don't need access to at the time.

Here's a view of what I'd like to see *most of the time*:

Do you know how much better that view would be? So easy to browse and work with!

It's a pain to have to go in and enable/disable fields all the time.

Thanks for listening.
Lance

DITTO here!!!!
Claudio

Vin, I agree.

The Multi-Line view should display at least two additional user-selected fields. Right now, the only two fields that display in Multi-Line are the Task name and the first Sort field. That's not enough information. The Grid View shows as many fields as you want but it can be cluttered and awkward to use.

Toodledo is in the process of hiring two web developers (along with an iPhone developer). I'm sure that improving the user interface is a top priority. There certainly has been enough grumbling about it ... along with some constructive suggestions, such as yours.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.