ForumsQuestionsUnderwhelmed by iPad App

Underwhelmed by iPad App
kennethed

Posted: May 07, 2010
Score: -2 Reference
I use Appigo ToDo on my iPhone synced with my ToodleDo pro account. I'm still waiting for iPad version of ToDo, so I tried out ToodleDo's branded iPad app that cost me a couple bucks I think. I'm wondering why the company that all these other to-do list app makers rely on for web syncing doesn't come out with a really full featured app that reflects the effort put into the site. Right now it doesn't support tags at all. Since I use tags as my default view on the site the sorting is all off for me. If these other developers are going to charge us $10-20 basically the cost of ToodleDo for a years, and glom off your service, why not come out with really full-featured apps of your own for iPhone/iPad.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
Our iPhone/iPad app does support tags. You must have the field disabled. Go into Settings>Fields Used and you can turn it on.
stephen.ferro

Kennethed, I can vouch for the iPad app. Very solid productivity application that was released day 1 of the iPad App store. Toodledo has already updated the app twice. Look through the settings and you will find Tags and many other features.
Fred_Foote

Posted: May 12, 2010
I would like to see a "refresh" button of some sort on the iPad app. Unless I'm missing something, after making an update on a task or checking one off as completed, there's not good/easy way to refresh the app and see the new and improved list. Any thoughts?
jkratz

Posted: May 12, 2010
I haven't tried the Toodledo app yet but Todo, which was just released today and syncs wonderfully with Toodledo, is only $4.99 right now. You might want to give that a shot.
Fred_Foote

Posted: May 14, 2010
Posted by frederi825:
I would like to see a "refresh" button of some sort on the iPad app. Unless I'm missing something, after making an update on a task or checking one off as completed, there's not good/easy way to refresh the app and see the new and improved list. Any thoughts?

I'd rather stay with Toodledo's app for the iPad and iPhone which I generally enjoy. Let me just clarify my desire quoted above. What I do when I'm ticking off and adjusting to-do's is do a few items on my screen and then periodically hit the "d" key to resort and refresh the screen (by date, in this example). Thus, the "d" key functions as a refresh key for me. If there were a way of doing a similar thing in the iPad that would be great -- that is, hitting a single key to reset the list and bring it up-to-date after having made a few changes.

This message was edited May 14, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 16, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.