ForumsQuestionschanging due date on multiple tasks - easily?

changing due date on multiple tasks - easily?
RedCab

Posted: Jun 02, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,
At the end of every day I have a bunch of tasks due that I need to shift to be due the next day. Is there a shortcut for selecting those multiple tasks at once and then choosing a new due date to apply to all those tasks simultaneously? It would save me ALOT of clicking...

Thanks!!!
PeterW 

Yes - go to the Search view and select the New Search tab.

By default the filter will already have:
Checked off = No
and
Task contains <empty>

Change the second filter to:
Due Date is today

Then click on <Search>.

When the records are displayed, click on Multi-Edit (on the toolbar at the top on the right hand side). Check the Due Date field and enter the new date you want in the field alongside (e.g. Tomorrow).

Click on <Save Changes> and you're done.

You can also save this search which will create a new tab for you and then you can use it whenever you like.

This message was edited Jun 02, 2010.
PeterW 

One other thing that might be worth considering...

If your tasks are getting rolled forward regularly then due dates are probably not working that well. I used to do this but have been following the "Getting Things Done" (GTD) methodology where you only ever put due dates on tasks that absolutely must get done that day. Tasks that would be 'nice' to get done do not get a due date because they simply don't have to get done that day and if other things get in the way, you waste time rolling them forward.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.