ForumsQuestionsiPhone Processing tasks bar never completes

iPhone Processing tasks bar never completes
gideonkaplan

Posted: Jun 28, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi All,
I already created a ticket, wonder if anyone else experiences the same prob
I dont remember when this started, but I just updated the toodledo vers today and it also was present before todays update

Ticket #10845
Subject Processing tasks bar never completes
Created Jun 28, 2010 02:51 pm
Product Toodledo on iPhone
Status Open
Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_8; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16

Bug Report:
ui is still responsive
iphone just goes to sleep after a while
I tried on wifi and 3g
toodledo 2.0.1
iphone os 3.1.3 (7e18)
I haven't tried purging all data and reloading
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This can happen if you have too many tasks. The iPhone app can't really support more than 5000 tasks and doing the initial sync can take 15 or more minutes to download and process all that information. Try reducing the number of tasks by deleting old completed tasks that you don't need anymore.
gideonkaplan

That does not sound unreasonable and I did delete some of the completed tasks from 2008
(Hey at least I'm a power user)
But something changed recently making the app much slower/unable to complete
It worked a few days ago... before tasks/notebook was combined
I've been using the app for a few years and can't be the only person who is running into this problem since the iphone app changed

BTW I purged all my data and it's not fetching all of my 300-400 or so active tasks

PS: the watching alert emails are not working (checked my google mail spam folder too)
gideonkaplan

Posted: Jul 14, 2010
Was able to get the iphone syncing, but it would hang at the last part of the progress bar of notebook sync

I switched applications to Notebook and synced there fairly quickly

Now when I went back to toodledo, the sync never finished on the end of the progress bar for task, so the prob just got moved

uugh, it seems like all hell has broken loose when merging both toodledo and notebook

I wonder how one can roll back to toodledo v-not-w-notebook

I also forgot that the forums still don't email you when someone posts to a watched thread

May start having to looking into RTM again

Calgon, take me away...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 14, 2010
When you say that it would hang, how long did you wait? If you have lots of Notebooks, it could take several minutes to sync all of them the first time.
gideonkaplan

Posted: Jul 15, 2010
A while maybe 20mins?, had synced in the recent past with everything else the same (amt of notes, etc), quickly even over 3g
I have about 208 notes
We used toodledo on web and iphone everyday
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 20, 2010
It could take 20 minutes depending on your network connection speed and the number of tasks/notes you need to sync.
Brian_Mercer

Posted: Aug 27, 2010
I'm having the same problem all of the sudden. Is there a fix?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 27, 2010
It is probably related to the number of tasks that you have and the speed of your internet connection. If you have several thousand tasks, it could take a little while.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.