ForumsQuestionsLink Gmail messages to Toodledo Tasks

Link Gmail messages to Toodledo Tasks
cjc182news

Posted: Jun 30, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

is there a way to link a GMail message or conversation to a Toodledo task?

Thanks for any help.
SRhyse

Posted: Jun 30, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Ya, I do it all the time. Open the message in GMail, then copy the URL into a task's note. Opens straight to the conversation.

To link the other way, hit the lego icon to the left of a task, then hit the perma link icon to go to a page with a URL specific to that task. Put that link anywhere, including a GMail conversation, and it'll take you right to the task.

This message was edited Jun 30, 2010.
Dave

Posted: Jul 01, 2010
This is VERY cool. I had no idea you could do this. Thanks for sharing! Maybe eventually there will be a way in gmail to create a toodledo task automatically.
SRhyse

Posted by Dave:
This is VERY cool. I had no idea you could do this. Thanks for sharing! Maybe eventually there will be a way in gmail to create a toodledo task automatically.

I doubt Google will ever make a button to turn a gMail conversation into a Toodledo task in the way you can currently turn it into a Google Task, but there are some fairly easy ways to do it yourself-

If you're using Firefox, you can use the official Toodledo plugin http://www.toodledo.com/widget/firefox_plugin.php to right click on any page to add that page to a Toodledo task, which in the case of an opened gMail message, will automatically put the page URL to link it into the notes of a new task that you can immediately start filling out then and there.

If you don't wanna go that route or are using another browser, you can add Toodledo as a gadget to gMail (explained here http://www.toodledo.com/widget/google_gadget.php). That'll make it so there's a small Toodledo client running in your gMail window, and you can easily just paste the gMail conversation URL into the notes of a new or existing task there.
Dave

@SRhyse thanks for the tips! I wasn't expecting for Gmail to do anything, but RTM has in their FF extension where if you star an email or for specific folders it will automatically create a new task. I doubt Toodledo will pursue it since it couldn't be supported on multiple browsers, and RTM's extension breaks all of the time.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.