ForumsQuestionsUpdate Version 2.0.1 - nav bar mis step

Update Version 2.0.1 - nav bar mis step
Gordon

Posted: Jul 04, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Buttons along bottom for displaying tasks/contexts/folders.

I do not like this.

The other changes I understand, but the addition of the button navigation bar or whatever you call it, that is a mistake.

I access my settings and notes like, once every 6 months. Using up valuable real estate on such a small screen for this is a waste.

-edit- I realize I left something out. I have labeled my contexts so that they appear in order of most used. I have reduced my contexts where possible in order to get the most often used ones to appear on the screen without any scrolling down. Now, I have to scroll down because I have lost the space for "waiting for" context. -end edit-

I've been a big fan for a long time, and I recommend your program to everyone. This is the first change I have not approved of. I have been a user since Jan 09, not a newbie here.

Hope it disappears soon, I will curse it every time I have to scroll down to see the "waiting for" context.

Gordon

This message was edited Jul 04, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 05, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the feedback. We got a number of complaints about the toolbar at the bottom of the page and we are trying to devise a way to hide it when not in use.
Peter S...

Posted: Jul 06, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Thanks for the feedback. We got a number of complaints about the toolbar at the bottom of the page and we are trying to devise a way to hide it when not in use.

Very good news!!
Claudio

I like having the toolbar at the bottom but I would like more icons and more options.

There's room for five icons on the iPhone, and at least seven on the iPad. Also, it would be great to be able to choose which icons are displayed, similar to how this is handled in the iPod app. I never use the Notebook icon but I would like quick access to my most frequently used views. For example, I often go to Recent. Right now, this can require four clicks (depending on where I am in Toodledo), plus some scrolling. An icon in the Tab bar would allow me to access Recent with one click.
JPR

I like the toolbar as well, because no matter where I am in Tasks I am only 2 taps away from the Hotlist. Maybe you could make it an option to "always show" or "only show on home page". Being able to customize 4 or 5 buttons would be a big plus too.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
Gordon

Posted: Jul 16, 2010
Alright, alright, I do have something positive to add about the new update. I grudgingly admit that I like how the "note" shows at the bottom of the task "details" screen.

I suggest that instead of tapping the "edit note" to access the note, that tapping anywhere on the yellow note would be faster.

The bar at top about hidden tasks and "sorted by", as well as the bottom task bar, they have to go. Bye bye, see you.

I'd really like to "sort by" in different contexts and have it remember though. Often I want to see the oldest task, the one I've been avoiding, first. In other contexts, I want to see the most recent, and in other contexts, by alphabet.

Since my professional development training says I should end with a positive,

I like the separate "details" button when creating a task.

Gordon
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.