ForumsQuestionsiPhone v 2.0.2 not syncing on startup even tho set

iPhone v 2.0.2 not syncing on startup even tho set
gideonkaplan

Posted: Jul 09, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi Folks,
Over the last few days toodledo for iphone's badge wasn't behaving properly, so I went to check for updates on the apple store
I got the latest and now syncing on startup seems to be broken
It wont sync unless I manually switch to settings, then hit the sync button on the upper right
I have mine set to sync on all the three choices in the synchronization prefs
I tried turning off all the sync prefs, bouncing and turning them on and bouncing again and still no worky

I haven't tried deleting the app and re dl-ing it again, but I will loose my layouts, etc
I had to do that the last cycle of the software release and it was inconvenient

iphone v is 3.1.3 (7E18)

Anyone else experiencing the same?
djembe1

The 2.0.2 thread in the "News" forums has a number of people who don't sync on startup. They seem to all be using iOS4, but on older hardware (where many of the new iOS4 features are disabled). As a result, I haven't upgraded from 2.0.0 for my 2nd generation Touch.

Adding your experience to the mix, it would appear that 2.0.2 (and 2.0.1 for that matter) only works 100% correctly for iOS4 users on iPhones 4 and 3GS, and Touch 3rd Generation. Any other combination of models or iOS versions would seem to have some bugs to work out. I would expect that fixes are in progress (based on Toodledo's usual responsiveness), and hope that they've already been sent to Apple, but there hasn't been any indication of that yet in the News thread.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have already sent an update to Apple that fixes this. iOS4 changed a lot of ways that apps start/quit and our "sync on startup" logic has gotten really complicated to support all scenarios. Sorry.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.