ForumsQuestionsGoogle Calandar Task Sync

Google Calandar Task Sync
Natetronn

Posted: Aug 13, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Is it possible to sync tasks from Google calandar with tasks from Toodledo? I ask becuase it's helpful to see my tasks out in the open versus having to click on the green check mark.
Natetronn

Posted: Aug 13, 2010
I'm going to rephrase this a bit just in case:

I would like to add a task in Google Calendar and it send the same task to Toodledo.

Google calendar is nice because I can click on the calender and add a quick simple task or event for a specific date. The only thing is, I would like to have it add said task to toodledo as well.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 14, 2010
You can do this if you use our Google Calendar Widget, but not if you use the iCal subscription.

http://www.toodledo.com/widget/google_gadget.php
Natetronn

Posted: Aug 17, 2010
I have this added however I would like to add a task using the Google task (not the toodledo check mark)and have it sync with toodledo.

Is this possible? Am I missing something?

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 17, 2010
Google does not allow syncing to the Google Task's list yet.
Natetronn

Posted: Aug 18, 2010
Ah okay we tried, thanks! Pretty hot here in SD no?
paulbaeppler

Posted: Nov 21, 2010
Actually, they are allowing sync ing of tasks now...check out Jorte app on android. Any chance at this point?
Thanks, Paul
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 22, 2010
Jorte must be doing it in an unofficial or undocumented way because I cannot find any documentation on Google's site about how to sync with Tasks.
piyush_soni

Posted: Nov 22, 2010
Yes, Google currently doesn't have an official API to sync tasks. Those who do it, are doing some sort of tricks.

See this issue:
http://code.google.com/a/google.com/p/apps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=985

Comments 232-234 also give a couple of ideas on how the existing apps might be syncing with Google Tasks. But that's not official.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.