ForumsQuestionsToodle Do "freezing" in Firefox

Toodle Do "freezing" in Firefox
verivox

Posted: Aug 30, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Now, we have run Firefox in Safe Mode where no extensions are enabled and the problem is the same. Would that suffice for disabling extensions?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, that would suffice. Do you get any Errors when you run in Safe Mode?
Jean

Starting today, Monday, August 30th, logging in to Toodledo locks up Firefox and sends CPU utilization to nearly 100%. I am running Firefox 3.6.8 on Windows XP SP2.

It takes a very long time to load the tasks. When it completes, all the little icons to the left of each task are not displayed.

_gat is not defined
http://www.tooledo.com/signin.php
_gat is not defined
http://www.tooledo.com/view/index.php

It's kind of hard to capture the errors while the thing is locked up. I think once it said something about $A on a URL that included "images/something.jsp" or "images.jsp". I couldn't catch the entire URL. I think there's some issue when displaying those little icons.

I using CCleaner to empty my temporary files, cache, cookies, etc. I ran a CHKDSK. I rebooted. This is happening every time I try to use Toodledo--which I rely upon all day as a Pro subscriber.
verivox

Interesting:
Opening FF in FF Safe Mode does not help. Booting my system up in Safe Mode does not help. However, once booted up in Safe Mode, then if I open FF in FF Safe Mode there's no more problem. I don't know if this observation will be helpful, but I thought it might.

Also, similar to Jean my CPU utilization shoots up and remains at 50% until the freeze is over.
R K Elleson

Not sure if this helps but I have used Extension List Dumper on the machine where Toodledo works and the one where it doesn't.

It works on

Application: Firefox 3.6.8 (20100722155716)
Operating System: WINNT (x86-msvc)

- Evernote Web Clipper 4.0.0.87683
- Extension List Dumper 1.14.8
- Java Console 5.0.22
- Java Console 6.0.18
- Java Quick Starter 1.0
(Disabled)
- McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterprise 3.0.0.539
- Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 0.0.0
- Skype extension for Firefox 4.2.0.5198
- Toodledo 1.70

It doesn't work on
Application: Firefox 3.6.8 (20100722155716)
Operating System: WINNT (x86-msvc)

- Extension List Dumper 1.14.8
- Java Console 6.0.07
- Java Console 6.0.12
- Java Console 6.0.13
- Java Console 6.0.15
- Java Console 6.0.17
- Java Console 6.0.04
- Java Console 6.0.20
- Java Console 6.0.21
- Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.2.1
- Norton IPS 2.0
(Disabled)
- Norton Toolbar 4.6
(Disabled)
- Toodledo 1.70
- TV5 - Dictionnaires 1.1
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If anyone having this problem is a Pro subscriber, please try accessing our website using https://www.toodledo.com and let us know if that fixes/doesn't fix it.

Thanks
R K Elleson

I have just pasted your link into Firefox. I get the same problem. I am on a 7 day free trial period of Pro user.
corbin

I'm a Pro Subscriber, but the secure site just redirects me to http and then it freezes up again.

EDIT: Actually, it did freeze this time but after about 90 seconds it came back and is now working. The only error in my error console is the following:

$A is not defined.
http://images.toodledo.com/t/includes/prototype.js Line 1323

This message was edited Aug 30, 2010.
R K Elleson

I have tried again and waited 90 seconds plus with no end to the freeze for me.

I did manage to get a screenshot of the screen while Firefox was frozen. Is that any good? I have pasted it into an MSWord document. I can email it if you tell me where to send it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can attach the screenshot to a support ticket. That would be helpful.

Thanks
R K Elleson

OK done (not easy to find out how but I got there).

Ticket #13121
andrew

Posted: Aug 31, 2010
Seems like everyone having problems??!
corbin

In hopes that more information will help, I can now get in with FireFox through the main page (folders.php) on all three of my machines. However, the first time it loads folders.php it will completely freeze Firefox for 45-90 seconds. The freeze appears to be happening just before it loads the thumbnail images such as the stars, hands, notes, etc. If I sit back and wait for it to recover, Firefox does recover and I can work for the rest of the session in toodledo. folders.php will load fine after the first time.
Captain_Obvious

Some Antivirus or virus can modify the content of http requests.

As a definitive test whether the problem come from your OS or Firefox, Someone should try moving his Firefox profile to another clean computer.

@corbin do you have the same AV on all four PCs ?
corbin

@Captain_Obvious - nope. Work is different from home. And, my laptop is brand new. I haven't had a chance to replace the horrible McAfee software that I uninstalled the first day so it's running naked right now.
R K Elleson

I do not know what you mean by 'moving his Firefox profile', I'm afraid. I have tried using Firefox on 3 machines now - this is in an XP laptop which I hadn't tried before. It works fine. AV is AVG.
I still am unable to use Toodledo on Firefox on my Vista laptop which runs Norton 360. IE works fine.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have tested several different computers with all the various addons and security settings and safe modes that we can think of and we have not yet been able to reproduce the problem. We are still trying to figure out what is causing it.

For those of you with the problem, do you have Locations enabled? Does it matter how your list is sorted or filtered? Does it only happen on the folders view, or has someone had it happen elsewhere? Try loading http://www.toodledo.com/forums/ directly and see if you still get the freeze.

Thanks
Captain_Obvious

Score: 1 Reference
Then next I'd try logging onto another clean account.
Then modify it's settings gradually like your's were before
Then creating test tasks.
Then importing.

Try : [email protected]
Pass: dadada

This message was edited Aug 31, 2010.
verivox

I do not have locations enabled. If I just open up to toodledo.com or any other view, such as the link above, the page opens normally. It is only when signing in that it freezes, and it doesn't matter from what page I sign in, it will hang with every sign-in.
Baja Jack Post deleted
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.