ForumsQuestionsToodle Do "freezing" in Firefox

Toodle Do "freezing" in Firefox
Kevin Kaland

Posted: Jan 24, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Is this the latest thread for this issue? I'm experiencing this as well intermittently in Firefox. In fact, when I closed it and then re-opened it (I use Session Manager) it froze immediately upon opening the Toodledo tabs.

But let me know if this is the best place to post this before I go into more detail.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 24, 2011
We have not been able to replicate the freezing issue anymore. It may be a plugin issue. Roboform is known to cause issues. There may be others.
glentripp

Posted: Feb 02, 2011
Hi - I am using firefox 3.6.13 and am experiencing the problem as described by many people in the summer/fall. If I change anything the system hangs for as long as 20 seconds before recovering. Firefox says "not responding" at the top of the browser. I uninstalled firefox and reinstalled it and it's still doing it. I downloaded chrome and tried it there and there was no problem. But I want to use firefox, not chrome, and need to figure this out.

the plug ins i am using:
- toodle do
- evernote web clipper
- roboform.

I had not experienced this problem until about one month ago.

Would it help things to download firefox 4.0 beta?

I am a 7 day trial pro user hoping to convert, but unsure based on this issue.
PeterW 

Try disabling the add-ins one-by-one to see if one of them may be the culprit. The only add-ins I used in FireFox are Stylish and Ad-Block and I don't have problems.
piyush_soni

As ToodleDo says in the post above, Roboform could cause issues (I have never used it so don't know). Any kind of the add-ons which 'store' a lot of information for all the webpages can possibly make it slow or hang if not implemented efficiently. It could also be one of your 'Plugins' and not 'Extension'.(Tools->Add-ons->Plugins)

FWIW, Firefox 4.0 Beta is certainly a LOT faster than Firefox 3.6, but ToodleDo Add-on is currently not compatible with the latest version of that (beta 10). If you are not afraid to try things, I can tell you the steps to make it compatible (if you don't know them already)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Roboform does not work well with Toodledo. We don't know why yet, but when roboform is installed, it cause Toodledo to be slow.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.