ForumsQuestionsChange Completion Date

Change Completion Date
lizzysparks

Posted: Feb 08, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
This is absolutely needed, right after dependent tasks. It should be your number 2 priority, can't imagine what is higher? Do you have a roadmap?
kayharley

Posted: Feb 21, 2013
Score: 3 Reference
Please add me as another voice to request this - being able to mark completed as the time/date I actually completed it, not the date I check it off on the system . I'm a Pro subscriber, have used ToodleDo for several years and this is the most irritating thing about it.
philip

Posted: Jul 26, 2013
This has been requested for years now and the condescending responses from Toodledo to this issue are becoming ever rarer.

When Toodledo do respond to this issue, it is as if their customers are an irritant.

Third party software such as AngelTasks have implemented this. If there is a reason why Toodledo don't want to allow this functionality, why not be straight with us and say so.

If it is against your design philosophy, too involved to implement or if there is another reason, please let us know.

Don't leave people hanging for years, with rare, condescending retorts that treat your customers like unreasonable children and pretend that you are going to implement this, when you have no intention of doing so.

This message was edited Jul 26, 2013.
Jason Bushell

Score: 2 Reference
I think TD is quite fair in its responses to requests in the forum.

They are not a huge company with unlimited resources, and a good proportion of its users do not pay anything to use the site. (And in fact will happily pay for 3rd party apps which piggy back on TD it seems.)

To comment on timeframes would be foolish, as it is not possible to forsee what problems might arise, or what other things might take priority.

The fact that you are still here regardless of this problem would indicate that its not a big issue, and that you can cope without it at the moment.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Allowing the completion date to be edited on the website would be a lot of work for us to implement and it is something that we have not prioritized. Yes, there are a few people who have been requesting this for years, but the vast majority of users complete tasks and then never look at them again. Editing the completion date of an already completed task is not something that most people need to do. We aren't saying that we wont ever do this. It is on our to-do list, and we will get to it at some point. I just can't say when that will be.
d45

Posted: Jul 28, 2013
Ok, so the answer is NO. Too bad.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 29, 2013
The answer isn't no. The answer is "someday".
lumeng

Posted: Aug 26, 2013
I need this feature too.
goldeneaglescoaching

Posted: Aug 28, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
Another valid reason for the completion dates being able to be changed is because it affects the chains for goals. If I exercised yesterday but didn't check it off, it won't show a chain link for yesterday.
philip

Posted: Oct 03, 2013
Dear Jake,

How can you say that editing the completed date, "is not something that most people need to do"?

As it's not allowed apart from the extreme of installing third-party, how would you know who needs to use it?

Also, you don't know how many people use other competing software because of this missing feature.

There will always only be a "few" vocal people asking for a this. Most people who need it will just junk the software and use something else and recommend that their friends use something else.
philip

Can it really be such "a lot of work for us to implement", when third party software such at Task Angel etc have had this facility for years?
Salgud

Posted by philip:
Dear Jake,

How can you say that editing the completed date, "is not something that most people need to do"?

As it's not allowed apart from the extreme of installing third-party, how would you know who needs to use it?

Also, you don't know how many people use other competing software because of this missing feature.

There will always only be a "few" vocal people asking for a this. Most people who need it will just junk the software and use something else and recommend that their friends use something else.

I'll bet he knows better than you do how many need this. How would you have a clue, other than you and a few other very vocal participants? Please, tell us where you got your "numbers" on how many want it and how many don't.
philip

Posted: Jan 18, 2014
A new year is upon us. Any updates from Toodledo on this issue?
Brian Spoelhof

Posted: Apr 05, 2014
I to have just come looking for a solution. I guess this isn't a given yet.

Personally, I am using toodledo for multiple things. Obviously as a todo list, but also as a way to track all of the projects that I am working on through out the week to document what I have done. It is more of an annoyance than anything else that it shows I have completed tasks late if I put them in next day. (I know a bit nurotic - but maybe that comes with that territory of todo lists?)

Anyways - I propose that maybe exporting the task as a CSV, edit it in excel and import? I haven't tried it. A bit cumbersome but at least it get's it fixed for the time being.

And if you want you can go and fix several at once.

At least a thought.
ed.lewis

Posted: Jun 02, 2014
Changing the complete date is important to me. I mark off all tasks completed with ToodleDo and then export to a database from which I create invoices and bill for my time.
Since I cannot rely upon ToodleDo to provide accurate date stamping, I use Evernote more and more to create accurately dated project logs.
I do not believe that it would be that difficult a programing task to have an editable date completed field.
Thanks in advance for your help.
darl.lane

Posted: Jul 07, 2014
Please add my vote for the editable Completion date/time fix - Hope to see it implemented soon.

This feature in my view would open up many paid users both at personal use and at corporate use levels.

I have used toodledo with a Silver Subscription for several years and would have implemented it at work with multiple paid subscriptions - didn't due to the completion date/time not editable breaking the project and task tracking chain to close the loop of great features. (I appreciate the case of being able to "trust" the completion times as actual and not altered - though find it not practical in daily use).

The Android App ToDoList has synced with Toodledo using all the on-line features very well. Just a note for Toodledo full feature users.

I use a separate time tracking app to make up for time/date edits to export results externally for project time reports.

The Toodledo Statistics graphing tools would be great to use - no good without date/time edits.

The "one" big hole an awesome application.

So.... I'm grateful for Toodledo - really lobbying for completion date.

Obviously Toodledo has information to set priorities and this one hasn't made it to the action list.

I suspect this feature could open up paid subscriptions from independent contractors - sales, project managers, small business, personal use to large company paid subscriptions.

I would be pointing many to Toodledo if they could generate project-task with completion date and time reports.

It's holding all the awesome features hostage for reporting and tracking use.

Just my perspective. I'll search for an app to work around this and would appreciate practical work-workaround tips in the meantime.

Thanks!

This message was edited Jul 07, 2014.
David Madone

Posted: Jul 21, 2014
Score: 10 Reference
#SOLUTION# - Hello everyone! I started this thread on January 23, 2011, and have been waiting patiently for a solution all this time. Every year when my subscription comes up I debate whether to continue. I am still here! I do love Toodledo.

I just found this simple work around to be able to change the completion date (check off date)on a task.

It requires the use of an IOS or Android device with the Toodledo App installed. On either device put it on Airplane Mode so that you are disconnected from the world.

Go to your date settings and turn off the automatic date. Change the date to the date you want to mark the task complete.

Open Toodledo and mark the task(s) complete.

Return to settings on your device and change date back to automatic and then take the device off of Airplane Mode.

When it syncs with Toodledo it reports the date used from the device.

It doesn't work to change the date on your PC because when you make Toodledo changes via the PC you have to be connected to their server.

I know -- pain in the butt -- but for those tasks that absolutely need to be shown completed yesterday.. it works!

Jake... Please don't take this request off of your task list.... I think we would still like to have a simpler solution to use!

Have a great day!

P.S. To everyone that finds this post .. if you would give it a "thumbs up" we might be able to better show Jake just how many people would like to have this implemented! Your vote counts. dm

This message was edited Jul 21, 2014.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.