ForumsQuestionsHow to reverse iCal calendar import

How to reverse iCal calendar import
jedling88

Posted: Jan 30, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I am new to Toodledo (started today). I successfully imported one of my several iCal calendars to T. How do I remove this calendar from my T calendar, should I choose to do so? In other words, how do I reverse what I just did?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 30, 2011
Importing is somewhat of a permanent thing. You can use our multi-edit tool to bulk delete tasks based on their creation date, which can help undo a bad import. You can also delete everything from your account and start over. The Import tools were not designed to be an operation that can be easily undone, it is supposed to be a one-time transition from your old to-do list to Toodledo.
jedling88

Posted: Feb 02, 2011
The problem is that I have been using iCal for almost two years. When I imported it two days ago, toodledo created two years worth of tasks that need to be checked off to get them off my list. Any other solution here?
piyush_soni

@ToodleDo,
Since I have no idea about this, how costly will it be for you guys to allocate an extra space for each registered user, which just contains a backed up file of users task every 3 days or something (with configurable frequency). Each new backup replaces the old copy. I think it will not be much for most of the users, but will be a hell lot of help to users in such cases. And it can happen to anyone.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There can be a bit of cleanup work when importing a large amount of tasks into Toodledo. This is because there is not a perfect translation between iCal and Toodledo. We don't know if an event on the calendar is completed or uncompleted because iCal does not have a checkbox for events. So, we have to make them all uncompleted.

You could do a search for all tasks with a due-date in the past that were added via the import and then use the multi-edit tool to mark them all as completed. This would only take a few steps. Here is more info: http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php

As for backups, we maintain backups for disaster recovery. We do not currently have a way to restore an individual account to a previous state. It is a good idea, and something that is on our to-do list, but it isn't a simple thing.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.