ForumsQuestionsReset tasks in ToodleDo

Reset tasks in ToodleDo
rkanwal

Posted: Nov 24, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I'd like to reset all my tasks in ToodleDo and begin a new sync with TO DO on my iphone. Will doing this remove all my tasks from the iphone (BAD) or will it sync my tasks between TO DO and iphone?

Thanks
mr_many_notes

Posted: Nov 25, 2008
I think the sync works like this:
- if a new task exists or is changed on the web, send to the iPhone
- if a new task exists or is changed on the iPhone, send to the web

Therefore, logically, if you delete all the tasks at the web end, and then synchronise, all your iPhone tasks will go to the web.

I'd check by deleting just ONE task at the web end first ;-)
Fifty-Odd Years

Posted: Nov 26, 2008
This might be a stupid question, but could you tell me how I can make completed tasks disappear from the main view? I check the box, but when I go back in later the task is still there and the box is now unchecked!

Thanks.

Also, how can I post new topics on the forum? I can't find a button on the screen to do this.
DrLaban

Posted by a.maclullich:
This might be a stupid question, but could you tell me how I can make completed tasks disappear from the main view? I check the box, but when I go back in later the task is still there and the box is now unchecked!

Thanks.

Also, how can I post new topics on the forum? I can't find a button on the screen to do this.

There is a link "Post new topic" at the bottom of each and every forum except for the "News" forum.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I hope you didn't already do it, because mr_many_notes wasn't quite right. If you delete all the task off the website, the next time you sync with the iPhone, it will sync all the delete commands and empty out your iPhone as well.
mr_many_notes

Posted: Nov 27, 2008
Or hopefully he did the test first, and found out I was talking nonsense ;-)
mattone

Posted: Dec 24, 2008
Posted by a.maclullich:

Thanks.

I have this same problem. I check off boxes, a check mark appears, and then I go to other views or do any thing else but the completed tasks reappear unchecked! When I view my "Completed Tasks" list, I see numerous intances of the same task checked.

How Does one check off a completed task?

Thanks,
matt
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 24, 2008
The reason why you are seeing numerous instances of the same task is because you have set the task to be a repeating task. A repeating task will be automatically rescheduled when you check it off.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=2
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.