ForumsQuestionsRelative Due Dates Suggestion

Relative Due Dates Suggestion
Paul

Posted: Mar 02, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
I posted this in another topic (having parent task due dates being set by the earliest due sub-task, which I really, really would like to see), but I'm thought this suggestion might get buried in the discussion.

I use Toodledo to manage my workflow in a photography studio. I have template tasks for each class of customer (senior, sports, etc.). The parent task is the name of the customer, and I have 20 or so sub-tasks for each. Each time I get a new customer or job, I clone the template task, rename with the job name, and then customize and set due dates.

If I know when the entire job is due, I'd like to be able to set that date and have the sub-tasks populate with due dates relative to parent task date (or, if parent task due date is being controlled by the earliest due sub-task, have the dates calculated from the last sub-task (job complete)).

For example, I'd like to be able to set the due date for each sub-task to something like "parent task due date -4 days". Or, optionally, "parent task start date + 4 days". This way, when I have a client, I can clone the template, set one date (either start or due), and automatically populate all the sub-tasks with due dates. If the parent task due date changed for any reason, I'd like all the sub-task due dates to re-calculate.

I had this when I was using an online studio management program, and it was very, very useful
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 02, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
Salgud

Posted: Mar 03, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I'd like to see + and - on due dates like "every third Thurs". I go to a meeting every third Thurs, and I have to prep for it staring on Monday. I'd like to enter a start date of "every third Thurs -4". I also write up the draft of the minutes a day or two after, so I'd like that to start "every third Thurs +1 and finish "every third Thurs +2. Has this been discussed before? On "the list"?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.