ForumsQuestionsCompleted tasks report?

Completed tasks report?
Grant_1410298063

Posted: Mar 08, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I'd like to be able to run a custom search that selects the tasks completed in the last week and generate a report from that. This would be useful for weekly reports to management.

Ideally, there would be the ability to have 2 levels of detail:
1. just the task titles
2. the task titles plus a configurable selection of the fields (Folder, Due Date, etc)

Output as text or HTML (for pasting into an email), and PDF would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Grant
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 09, 2011
You can do this from the search page. Here is some info: http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php
Grant_1410298063

Posted: Mar 11, 2011
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I can get the information from the search, and that's great. However for reporting purposes (like including in an email), the ability to generate the output and save it would be very useful.

I currently use the collaboration feature to meet with a colleague to walk through his tasks, but I am also getting requests from management to report on his progress. That's why I'd like to be able to

1. run the "stuff he has completed this week" search
2. save the output in a format that can easily be included into (or attached to) an email

Thanks,
Grant
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The best we can do right now is to run the search and then use your browsers "print to PDF" functionality to save the page as a PDF document which you can email to someone.
PeterW 

If you need to insert info into an email and the PDF option isn't what you need, you could use a third-party screen capture tool like Snagit from Techsmith. This would allow you to quickly capture and insert what you need into an email. Snagit comes with a simple editor that pops up as soon as you capture a screen to allow you crop, resize, add borders etc, so it's quite useful.
piyush_soni

Even though SnagIt is the most wonderful screen capturing tool I have seen till now, it's not free :(

If you only want to capture browser area, Pixlr Grabber is a really nice Free add-on for Firefox which allows you to quickly capture the entire webpage or any defined area of that and quickly edit/upload in the same way SnagIt does. You can then just send the link to the uploaded file.
PeterW 

Posted: Mar 12, 2011
Heh heh... I've been a registered Snagit user since v2. Can't live without it. I guess I've had it long before anything like pixlr grabber was available.
Richard_

Posted: Mar 12, 2011
I think the easiest way to accomplish this, is to export a csv file and filter it in excel. This gives you IMHO most flexibility (especially in the presentation later)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.