ForumsTips & TricksEasy Integration with Outlook

Easy Integration with Outlook
stoufco

Posted: May 31, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
Works fine on Windows, but not on Mac. Outlook 2011 does not propose to enter a home page in the properties of the new task folder.
Unless someone can tell I'm wrong? (which I hope...)
tjjr2112

Posted: Jun 04, 2012
When I try this on Outlook 2010 on my work computer, it appears to work (the slim page shows up)but I get a message that Outlook "Could not obtain offline settings for the address...". I can't get past this so I have to cancel the homepage. Any ideas on how to get past this? Or is this a limitation from my employers network?

Thanks!
tjjr2112

Posted: Jun 04, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Nevermind. Just hit escape and it went away.

Sorry for wasting bandwith.
Mothra

Posted: Jul 16, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I've tried this and it works well, but you still can't drag and drop emails or tasks from Outlook to Toodledo. Is there some quick method to get Outlook items into Toodledo this way, or do you still have to type it all in manually, in which case I have a better solution that works for me (forward the Outlook email to my gmail account, click to turn it into a task then allow my tasks to sync with Toodledo. Then the task it's in my Toodledo inbox awaiting processing.).

This message was edited Jul 16, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted: Jul 16, 2012
Posted by Mothra:
I have a better solution that works for me (forward the Outlook email to my gmail account, click to turn it into a task then allow my tasks to sync with Toodledo. Then the task it's in my Toodledo inbox awaiting processing.).
You can forward your Outlook email directly to Toodledo:
See http://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_email.php
Mothra

Posted: Jul 17, 2012
Posted by Purveyor:
You can forward your Outlook email directly to Toodledo:
See http://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_email.php

Excellent, thanks Purveyor that's whole lot better!
iameddiegarcia

Posted: Aug 28, 2012
Awesome tip! Thanks!
N.j.cowling_134084...

Posted: Aug 31, 2012
Brilliant!!
Tananis

Posted: Sep 06, 2012
I am using Outlook for Mac 2011

I use ToodleDo constantly --- and it syncs with my iPad Calendar well, however, if I am at the office (as I am far too much!) and using Outlook for my scheduling and email, I have to open ToodleDo in a browser to be able to share tasks across the two applications.

Can anyone walk me through how to bring ToodleDo tasks into my Outlook for Mac 2011 calendar in the most efficient way? I've read about all kinds of workarounds and intermediary steps --- I can't believe there isn't an easier way!! Help?

Thanks!
ejmichel_blueground

Posted: Nov 20, 2012
thank you for this... i love it. having just abandoned postbox due to too many freezes etc. and the need to create templates of frequently sent emails and language etc.

i was struggling with a way to get tasks integrated as i love toodledo ... this works brillantly

and coupled with emailing to toodledo is a great workaround.

would love to try ceptara for outlook but at 50 bucks no can do.
trrycvngh

Posted: Nov 23, 2012
Is there a way to save the view in Tasks, so I don't have to open Tasks and open the Toodledo folder every time I switch from Mail or Calendar to Toodledo? I feel like I may as well open another browser window (and keep it open), rather than have to click three times to get to my list... Any solutions out there? Thanks.
sll2447

Posted: Nov 26, 2012
I'm having the same issue. This solution works well, but I'd like to switch the default tasks folder to Toodledo so I don't have to click through to it every time I go from Mail or Calendar to tasks.

Also, how do you save your sort preferences in this outlook view? Every time I go into my task list I have to reset the sort to alphabetical. It doesn't save my preference like it does on the mobile app or on the website.

This message was edited Nov 26, 2012.
staceyyvonne

Posted: Dec 08, 2012
Brilliant, thank you @dan.julian!!
sumeet99321

Posted: Dec 31, 2012
BRILLIANT !!!
... My life was messed up for the last one year; ever since my employer forced me to move from blackberry to an iPhone plus iPad.
I still am using a windows o/s laptop running outlook 2003 with a built in GTD ADDIN (netcentrics)
To marry the two, I have to export the outlook tasks in to a CSV file and then upload the same in to Toodledo website(not very efficient, still very good in comparison to the options available)
To get the iPhone and iPad apps to pickup "reminders" from the native iOS reminders app is very cumbersome; as there is no reverse sync available back in to outlook task list.
settenano

Posted: Jan 02, 2013
I love it. Thanks

btw, the following is not working for me. Not a big issue, though.

PS - If you prefer a certain view on load-up, try the following instead:

http://www.toodledo.com/slim/#_folders
etc....[/quote]
steve.romley

Posted: Jan 07, 2013
Is there a way to automatically update toodledo when you've made changes in Outlook? I have to click the refresh button everytime. Also, would like a Outlook 2011 Mac solution if possible. I work in a Windows/Mac environment and bounce between OS's
rblackmon

Posted: Jan 15, 2013
Very helpful tip! Loving it! Thanks!
jakgul

Posted: Jan 19, 2013
I would not use this. This seems to truncate all tasks notes and subject lines if they are too long. was a disaster for me.

Posted by sutadur:
Anybody tried this solution?

http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx

There is no more support from the developers, but it works.
cindymoody

Posted: Feb 04, 2013
I love this! Works as if I were logged directly onto Toodledo's website. I used the following URL: http://www.toodledo.com/index.php. Since it directly updates the Toodledo website, it works great for syncing with my iPhone as well. Great tip!

This message was edited Feb 04, 2013.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.