ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatPoll: what are you planning on doing for task mgt in the future

Poll: what are you planning on doing for task mgt in the future
Ummagumma

Posted: Dec 01, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
I created a quick poll to see what people plan on doing given the situation at TD - what are you moving on to (or have already), or sticking with TD, or have no plan. Just for the benefit of our community.

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/aeontg/my-plan

Link to poll results

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/pfwmsx/my-plan/view

This message was edited Dec 01, 2020.
strativourakis

Posted: Dec 02, 2020
Tagged to follow.
Been on my list for a while to move away from ToodleDo since it's gone so badly downhill.

Now with the revelation they aren't taking paying customers any more, looks like death is imminent.

Sad! Could have been great!
Duo

Posted by Ummagumma:
I created a quick poll to see what people plan on doing given the situation at TD - what are you moving on to (or have already), or sticking with TD, or have no plan. Just for the benefit of our community.

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/aeontg/my-plan

Link to poll results

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/pfwmsx/my-plan/view

Hmm, interesting. Especially those hoping for a miracle.

You may want to add Amazing Marvin to the list. I believe that some people moved there already, although I don't know if they every visit these forums now.
Ummagumma

That would fall under “other”. I will post results in a month... if there’s still a forum.
Ummagumma

Posted: Dec 03, 2020
Just realized that if you click on the little chart icon in the top right corner of poll results window, it brings up a pie chart, where you can see actual number of answers per category when you hover over it.

This message was edited Dec 03, 2020.
marcemobile_3

My Gold Subscription died on 21 November and reverted to the Basic plan. I've lost access to Reminders and Attachments. With the free plan I am not able to post a ticket so I posted my issue in the forum, also wrote to [email protected] and [email protected] and still have not yet had a reply. Please can you help Anant G to restore my account?

This message was edited Dec 03, 2020.
oletros

Posted by marcemobile_3:
My Gold Subscription died on 21 November and reverted to the Basic plan. I've lost access to Reminders and Attachments. With the free plan I am not able to post a ticket so I posted my issue in the forum, also wrote to [email protected] and [email protected] and still have not yet had a reply. Please can you help Anant G to restore my account?

I would look to another platform
CharleneTX

Posted: Dec 06, 2020
The poll doesn't have an option for: currently looking for a replacement, but haven't found one yet. I've tried SO many with no luck. I have six requirements and every one I've test is lacking 2-3 of them.
Ummagumma

It does... “I have no plan”.
CharleneTX

Posted by Ummagumma:

Actively searching for a replacement is a plan: I plan to move once I find a solution that works for me. "I have no plan" = ignoring the problem
Ummagumma

Posted: Dec 07, 2020
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by CharleneTX:
Posted by Ummagumma:

Actively searching for a replacement is a plan: I plan to move once I find a solution that works for me. "I have no plan" = ignoring the problem

Well, that is "Sticking with Toodledo and hoping for a miracle" :)

No plan doesn't mean doing nothing, it literally means that at the present time, the user has no specific, defined replacement choice.
rowland.marshall

I like using 2Do, but its time planning / time logging aspect is really not great. Anyone else planning their days/weeks in hours?

It's a pity ToodleDo doesn't go Opensource so I can just build it on my own server.
TheBrayingMule

Posted by rowland.marshall:

It's a pity ToodleDo doesn't go Opensource so I can just build it on my own server.

Open source would be a dream come through !

I am more than 10 years Toodledo user and still see no alternative. The closest competitor I have found is RTM or Todoist but still Toodledo wins in efficiency and flexibility.

I am clearly in the category « sticking with Toodledo and hoping for a Miracle ». I have faith in people but still doing backup though... :)

This message was edited Dec 07, 2020.
CharleneTX

Posted by Ummagumma:

Well, that is "Sticking with Toodledo and hoping for a miracle" :)

No plan doesn't mean doing nothing, it literally means that at the present time, the user has no specific, defined replacement choice.

I'm actively searching for a replacement. Doesn't mean I don't have an emergency backup plan. I save the files regularly and absolutely worse case I can pull the data into Excel until I find a replacement. That's also not in the list of options. :-D
Al.gray

Posted: Dec 09, 2020
What is suspect about this line of reasoning is that "everyone" seems to have moved on, yet "contribute" to TD forums. Why?
Ummagumma

Posted: Dec 09, 2020
Posted by Al.gray:
What is suspect about this line of reasoning is that "everyone" seems to have moved on, yet "contribute" to TD forums. Why?

Because this is a great source of information, exchange of ideas, and many if not most of us are emotionally invested in a service we've relied upon for many years, even if we are no longer using it.

I stopped using Toodledo a few years back, due to me heavily relying on iOS and getting tired of lack of support for that platform. I am still closely following the developments, having used that service for about a decade.
jeffsa1

Posted: Mar 10, 2021
After 10 loyal years I recently gave up on Toodledo. Mainly I wanted to select a new app and make the change before TD became a crisis. The app I chose was RTM. I liked other apps a little better but I have 1200 tasks and RTM was the best combination of functionality and coversion tools. I don't understand why some of the other apps don't have conversion modules for TD, it can't be that expensive to do.

I was quickly up and running on RTM and got very nice support when I had questions.

For me the pros are the tasks are separated into completed and incomplete, it's very, very fast on all my devices whereas TD didn't function on my phone and tablet, there is a 'postpone option' for each task, after creating or changing a task I get an 'undo' option for use in case I changed my mind.

Cons are at the end of the day when I run down the days tasks to check off what I've completed RTM shows me which tasks will recur but it doesn't show me when as TD does. RTM requires me to stop and open each task to see if its set to recur in a week or a month. Also RTM shows me that there are notes in that task but it doesn't show me any part of the notes so, again, I have to stop and open the task to see the notes

Each change requires a 'save' and each checkoff triggers a very fast update as compared to TD where you can do a page of changes and checkoffs before an online update. This is both a pro and a con. Its safe and quick but TD allowed me to look at a page of changes and checkoffs before doing an update.

I'm still learning about RTM. The subtask function seems to be well designed but bunches of them that were completed sometimes appear on my days todo list.
creinhard

Posted: Mar 11, 2021
Posted by jeffsa1:
After 10 loyal years I recently gave up on Toodledo. Mainly I wanted to select a new app and make the change before TD became a crisis. The app I chose was RTM.

I'm also a long-time Toodledo user (web/desktop)... I've selected RTM as my backup, but I'll stay with toodledo until the lights go out. I find Toodledo's page layout to be the most concise and intuitive of anything thing I've seen yet.

Chris
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.