ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatA quick suggestion

A quick suggestion
Bytor444

Posted: Jun 15, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I would like to have the ability for a task to have its priority programable to change automatically on another date. For example, I would have a task that begins as "Low" priority, but I program a later date when it automatically jumps up to a higher priority on that date.

Anyone think this is possible to implement?

Also, the alarm or reminder does not work on my iPhone or online--is this feature not yet functional?
PeterW 

Re #1 - this is not currently possible.

Re #2 - you might have to open a support ticket for this but I'd recommend posting this question to the "Questions" forum where the Toodledo Admin will see it and provide advice.
Bytor444

Thank you Peter.
Andrew A

Doesn't it sort of (mind you I said, sort of) already do that? A low priority with an overdue date is ranked higher than a medium priority that isn't overdue? I don't really need to use priorities that much, but IIRC that functionality was sort of implicit? Of course, I'm thinking Bytor is thinking of an in-between date, not the due date, but....
PeterW 

I guess from the perspective of sorting, yes the task may appear higher up the list if the date goes overdue. Bytor444 was wanting the actual priority field to be changed based on a date being reached, which isn't possible.
alexborne

Posted: Jun 16, 2010
The "importance" field sort of does it : the importance is calculated with priority and due date. even if you don't change priority, the more the due date gets closer, the more importance goes up.

Try sorting by importance to see if it solves your issue.
Bytor444

Posted: Jun 17, 2010
Thanks for all the info, gents. I have not sorted using the "importance" field, so this may pseudo-achieve what I am looking for. I will give it a try.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.