ForumsDevelopersError during synchronization: Index (zero based)

Error during synchronization: Index (zero based)
DrLaban

Posted: Nov 19, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.

I have figured out that this seems to do with authentication failures. I've investigated it by, when the error occurs, going to the Account-tab and try to provide both Account ID and password, then clicking the Test-button, which results in a 'Authentication failed'-dialogue.
Perhaps it would be of some use to print add this to the diagnostics log, so it is a bit easier for the user to figure out what could be wrong.
I'm sure the specific "Index (zero based)"-error could appear because of several more reasons, but this seems to be one of them.

[Edit]
I switched on "Show Traffic" and got a bit further to the truth of the problem. This is probably where it goes bananas:

ToodledoClientLib Information: 0 : ToodleClientLib:sendHttpRequest:Request=[http://www.toodledo.com/api.php?method=getServerInfo;key=xx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

ToodledoClientLib Information: 0 : ToodleClientLib:sendHttpRequest:Response=[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><error>key did not validate</error>]

I've edited the key out but it's a loooong hexadecimal value. If you want the sepcific value, just tell me and I'll get it to you.
[/Edit]

This message was edited Nov 19, 2008.
keef

How frequently is this occurring for you. Is it a regular thing or is it rare?

Also, did this just start happening in the new release or has it been happening for a while?

keef
DrLaban

I'm using version 0.9.9.1 and it happened in 0.9.9.0 too.
It has happened about three times so far.
I would say it is quite rare, but I can't really figure out why it is happening. It has happened both at home and at the university I'm studying.
The last time I got it working I changed both my unique ID and my password. This time it seems as if this does not solve the problem.
I haven't tried using any different networking methods other than my wireless connection. I'll try a wired one and see if anything changes.

[Edit]
I just now changed both my unique ID and password and tried to connect and it worked. I did an attempt before by just changing my unique ID and not my password, but that failed.
[/Edit]

This message was edited Nov 19, 2008.
keef

When it happens again try stopping and restarting the client to see if that fixes things. I suspect the issue might be a race condition in the code that maintains the Toodledo API key. Perhaps my app is keeping it too long? I'll add this to the bug list.

keef
DrLaban

Posted: Nov 25, 2008
Alright, this is happening again here. I'll report "live" as I do stuff. I usually notice these problems when the security message stops appearing after a couple of hours.

- Precondition -
* Outlook running
* Toodledo sync running
* Index (zero bared) error is reported in the diagnostics
* key did not validate error is reported in the diagnostics

- Steps -
* Closing sync tool
* Closing Outlook
* Starting Outlook
* Starting sync tool
* Running manual sync

- Results -
* Index (zero bared) error is reported in the diagnostics
* key did not validate error is reported in the diagnostics

[Edit]
The only way I can get the sync tool to work again, is by generating a new unique id and change the password. Changing only the password or id does not help.
[/Edit]

This message was edited Nov 25, 2008.
David

Posted: May 04, 2009
Was a solution found for this error? I started today not being able to sync and finding this error in dianostics.

I changed password and ID and that worked, but do not know if that is the actual solution.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.