ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTodo from Appigo - very satisfied

Todo from Appigo - very satisfied
kunicki

Posted: Oct 02, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hey gang, just a quick note that I am super satisfied with Todo from www.appigo.com. I use it both on my Mac Desktop, iPhone and iPad. So far it performs very well and the synchronization has been reliable. I highly recommend this combination.

I was using Pocket Informatant, which also is excellent. But I do like having the same todo list client on each platform I use.
Purveyor

Posted: Oct 02, 2011
That's good.
But, I stopped using Todo after the Mac version really screwed up my tasks. Fortunately, I had a backup.
Also, I found the iPhone/iPad sync to be extremely slow compared to the Toodledo app.

No Start Date, Status, Location, or Goal.
No Reminder that is separate from the Due Time.
You can't filter by more than one Context.
You can't create your own sort order, based on a choice of three ascending or descending fields.
You can't use the Toodledo filters: Hide Negative Priority, Hide Future tasks, Hide Deferred tasks
There are no Recent lists: Recently Added, Modified, or Completed.

Sorry, too much missing, plus unreliable, incomplete, slow synchronization.
lswab

Posted: Oct 06, 2011
And it transfers everything in clear text. No encryption.
PeterW 

Posted: Oct 06, 2011
I'm a long-time Appigo Todo user.

I don't need the extra fields (e.g. start date & time, location) and have turned off a bunch of Toodledo fields that I don't want to use for simplicity sake (e.g. priority, status, etc), so for me Appigo Todo is a great fit.

Add to that Appigo's Project handling/interface is light-years ahead of Toodledo's and it's interface is still a much better iOS implementation.

I've found the syncing very robust - yes, a bit slower than Toodledo's but it's not by much (maybe it depends on task retention settings on the hand-held).

I try Toodledo on the iPhone from time-to-time but find that it still has a comparatively clunky interface.
marphod

Posted: Nov 04, 2011
I've been a long time Appigo ToDo user; I'm now convinced I need to get a new application.

I don't know if it is just me, or because I've an older iPod Touch, by the Sync from my iPod to ToodleDo is horribly broken. It _never_ finishes, and things get lost in the sync. Also, the UI now has a huge delay between any interactions (e.g. select a task, wait ten seconds before it loads. Mark several tasks as done, wait ten seconds between tasks to get marked, etc.).

I've blown away my local data on the iPod, and set retention data to minimal, without any affect. I really need a new app.
PeterW 

Posted: Nov 06, 2011
The current version of Todo is definitely slower than previous versions although on my iPhone4 running iOS5 it's still pretty snappy. E.g. I see a brief pause occasionally on save of a task but we're talking a second at most.

Appigo submitted a new version of Todo to Apple last week so it should appear in the iTunes Store any day now, and it has more than a hundred bug fixes and improvements so you might want to take a look at that.
Tib

Posted: Nov 07, 2011
I'm using Appigo Todo for 2 years now. For me, The best iPhone app.
On the main screen, I can choose the context where i am , The list i want to use (or all lists, or focus list) and tags. I can put filters on the focus list and hide some folders.

Simple, easy to use, fast and very productive.

But ...

Todo became slow since 4.2
It became very slow since 4.3
and now todo is very very slow 4.4.2

When i select a folder or select a tag, i have to wait 5~10 seconds for screen change on my iPhone 3GS. (for 8 folders/ 400 repetitive tasks / 2 contexts / 18 Tags.)

I'm still using Todo but now looking for another app. I don't need/want to change my Phone every year.

I'm very satisfied with this app but so disappointed with the last version slowness.
s.l

I have tried out a lot of apps that sync with toodledo, and I can only recommend toodledo's own app. It is fast, reliable, supports all fields and has a good search option.
I also trust that changes in toodledo (web) will be implemented in toodledo (app) at the same time, so no time lag between that.

Maybe other apps are a little better looking, but compared to all the other flaws I've encountered in 3rd party apps, this alone is not worth changing. After having seen the great improvements in look and feel this year in toodledo, I'm convinced there will be more progress in this aspect as well.
denisvj

Posted by s.leuthold:
I have tried out a lot of apps that sync with toodledo, and I can only recommend toodledo's own app. It is fast, reliable, supports all fields and has a good search option.
I also trust that changes in toodledo (web) will be implemented in toodledo (app) at the same time, so no time lag between that.

Maybe other apps are a little better looking, but compared to all the other flaws I've encountered in 3rd party apps, this alone is not worth changing. After having seen the great improvements in look and feel this year in toodledo, I'm convinced there will be more progress in this aspect as well.

I Agree that the app from toodledo on iphone/ipad is the best option we have but I think we need an official app for windows/mac. Right now I am trying todo from Appgio but I would love to see an official desktop app from Toodledo .
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Nov 08, 2011
TaskUnifier supports all fields and is available on Windows, Mac and Linux.
lswab

Posted: Nov 11, 2011
I stopped using Todo when I snooped the packets, and realized that it was sending everything over plain text. Not using SSL, even with a pro Toodledo account.

Maybe newer versions have fixed this, but beware.
fjf

Posted: Nov 24, 2011
Taskunifier does work well - best Toodledo app I've seen so far for. But still missing is the ability to create a task - with a link - from within an application. 'Things' does this well, but unfortunately doesn't interact with Toodledo. Are there plans to include this functionality in Taskunifier? It would make the app stand out head and shoulders above the rest.
Tib

Posted: Nov 26, 2011
Simple, easy to use, fast and very productive.
Version 4.x was too slow but new version 5 is now ok !
Very satisfied.

This message was edited Nov 26, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.