ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsUltimate Todos

Ultimate Todos
Anders

Posted: Apr 07, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
For those of you wondering when the Ultimate Todos update will be coming out, I have just heard back from the developers. The update was submitted a couple of weeks ago, and Apple is just taking their sweet time withg it. If you check out the screenshots in the app store, you will see they are actually from the new version. There is a projects tab at the bottom of the screen that is not present in the current version. Hopefully, Apple will get it together, and release the update shortly.

Toodledo, you should add Ultimate Todos to the list of mobile syncing options for the iPhone with Todo, Pocket Informant, and of course, the official Toodledo app.
marisa_whitfield

Posted: Apr 07, 2009
Thank you for sharing that news with us. I wonder exactly how many developers are in this position at this moment, having submitted an update over 10 days ago and left wondering what's going on. It's very bad for the developer and not a very professional way to carry on business by Apple.

This is not the way to impress the enterprise market.
DSM_2

Posted: Apr 08, 2009
I'm still waiting for iKeepass which is going into its fourth month of waiting for Apple to approve it. :-(
Anders

Posted: Apr 08, 2009
Posted by DSM:
I'm still waiting for iKeepass which is going into its fourth month of waiting for Apple to approve it. :-(

Do you mean that it has been rejected several times? I know Apple likes to reject app updates for ridiculous reasons (i.e., Pocket Informant and Ultimate Todos currently). However,I have never heard of it taking them more than a few weeks to either give an app the thumbs up, or reject it.
frossie

Posted: Apr 09, 2009
Posted by anders_royce:

Do you mean that it has been rejected several times? I know Apple likes to reject app updates for ridiculous reasons (i.e., Pocket Informant and Ultimate Todos currently). However,I have never heard of it taking them more than a few weeks to either give an app the thumbs up, or reject it.

Oh they can take more than a few weeks - they can take long enough for the company to go out of business:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2009/03/company-halting-iphone-app-work-after-long-approval-delay.ars

The rumour is that it is a lottery depending on which human reviewer gets assigned your app. Some are great, some are picky (sometimes in strange ways), and some are black holes.

This message was edited Apr 09, 2009.
Anders

Posted: Apr 10, 2009
Posted by frossie:

Oh they can take more than a few weeks - they can take long enough for the company to go out of business:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2009/03/company-halting-iphone-app-work-after-long-approval-delay.ars

The rumour is that it is a lottery depending on which human reviewer gets assigned your app. Some are great, some are picky (sometimes in strange ways), and some are black holes.

That is completely insane. At least we can rest assured that new fart apps will continue to be released on a regular basis(I think Apple must prioritize them).
jmontana

Posted: Apr 14, 2009
Posted by Anders:
For those of you wondering when the Ultimate Todos update will be coming out, I have just heard back from the developers.

How did you get a response? I've sent them three emails over the past two weeks and have yet to hear back.
Anders

Posted: Apr 14, 2009
Posted by jon.baumgartner:
How did you get a response? I've sent them three emails over the past two weeks and have yet to hear back.

I emailed them using the address on their support site(replacing the "[at]" with "@" of course)when the DST glitch first appeared. I actually was so anxious at that point that I emailed them again the next next day. I heard back that night. I have since emailed them two more times, most recently last week, and they always responded within a couple of days. I have no idea why they have not responded to your emails. They have been quite friendly in their correspondence with me.
I don't feel comfortable posting a copy of their exact words, but for what it's worth I will paraphrase the email I received 1 week ago today(I am updating the times for simplicity): They submitted an update 4 weeks ago. Apple rejected it 3 weeks ago, asking for a Toodledo testing account. They resubmitted that day, and have heard nothing back from Apple despite several inquiries as to the status of the update. They, like many developers, seem to be very frustrated with Apple's review process right now.

This message was edited Apr 14, 2009.
Anders

Posted: Apr 17, 2009
The long awaited update is now out!

It is a very nice update. Projects(folders) and due times are now supported. The date issue is fixed. Unfortunately for me, I have now gotten very attached to my subtasks, so I will be sticking with the official Toodledo app despite the many wonderful features that UT has. The developers of UT say they will be adding subtasks at some point. I hope it is soon, or that Toodledo considers adding some of the cool features of UT to their iPhone app (mainly the icons, high customizability, quickness of task entry/edit, and contacts).
benny

Posted: Apr 18, 2009
I like the UT app a lot but do NOT like having to go select to sync the app - at least I don't see a way to sync on startup/shutdown. There are some nice UI pieces but ultimately, if ToodleDo's app support saved searches it's golden as that is my lifeblood.

benster
Anders

Posted by benny:
I like the UT app a lot but do NOT like having to go select to sync the app - at least I don't see a way to sync on startup/shutdown. There are some nice UI pieces but ultimately, if ToodleDo's app support saved searches it's golden as that is my lifeblood.
benster

Yes, the lack of a sync on startup, or at least a button to sync on the dashboard is a flaw of UT. I also don't like that UT has only 3 priority levels.
Saved searches on the Toodledo app would be killer, but I really want to see some kind of color coding, or icons like UT has for easily identifying priority, due state, folder, context, and tags. I also don't like having to press done after entering every single field for a new task, and I hate the date picking scrolly-wheel thing. UT has that too, but you first get the option of choosing today, tomorrow, etc. The Toodledo app is pretty good though. The ability to quickly change the sort criterion is nice, but I wish they would allow more than one at a time.
Anders

And I almost forgot. One of the best things UT has going that Toodledo needs to put into their app is the tag choosing system that allows you to pick from your list of tags or enter a new one. I usually just leave tag blank when using the Toodledo app and add it later because I can never be sure I am using exactly the same spelling, etc. as I had previously used.
benny

Posted: Apr 20, 2009
I like the icons and eye candy ideas a lot. Actually you hit on one thing I don't like and that's the way tags are so free form. I've moved here away from another app that has tag completion and I used tags for everything. I don't have a single task tagged in TD because I don't want to chance mistyping it. If it had tag completion I would move more towards using them in my system as it was before. I'm so used to that in everything - Wordpress to Xxx - all seem to do that. I'm sure it will show up at some point. I still love TD mainly because of the frequent updates and the way they listen to us.
kmf

Posted: May 08, 2009
:)
I saw the app in the App Store .. only then did I hear about Toodledo :) I'm very impressed.

Anyway one thing that I would really want is auto syncing with Toodledo!
Anders

Posted: May 08, 2009
Hi kmf,
That is exactly how I found my way here as well. While the existence of so many third party iPhone apps that sync with Toodledo has to hurt the sales of their official app, I imagine they more than make up for it by bringing new users to the site.

Automatic syncing is badly needed for Ultimate Todos. I would have to have subtasks also to go back to it. It's a great app though. I know they plan to add subtasks at some point, but I'm not sure about the sync. You should try emailing them with a request if it means a lot to you. Their email is under support on their site.

~Anders
kmf

Posted: May 09, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
@anders and of course goals :)
Anders

Score: 1 Reference
I actually haven't started using goals yet, but I think it's a very cool feature, and I plan to start using them when I have time to figure out exactly how I want to do it.
I believe the official Toodledo app is the only one that supports them. They're not used in UT, PI, Todo, Action Lists, or Task Pro.
kmf

@anders ... Goals more of ZTD thing than a GTD thing :)
I think it makes the Toodledo app great.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.