ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsOutlook Sync - changing due date duplicates tasks

Outlook Sync - changing due date duplicates tasks
arthur.sampson

Posted: May 08, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Using Chromatic Outlook Sync (Outlook 2007)

(I set all tasks so that the "start" and "finish" dates are the same - ie I only have "one day" tasks)

If I change the start/finish date (in Outlook) this creates a new task in Toodledo, leaving the original task with its original date.

The task is therefore duplicated in the Toodledo list, but not in Outlook - even after repeated syncs.

Any suggestions please?
Anders

Posted: May 09, 2009
I just wanted to make sure that you were aware of the developer's website: http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/Products.aspx
This forum is obviously also a good way to get in contact with them, but there is a lot of good information on the Outlook tool product page, and there is also a contact page there.
DSM_2

Posted: May 11, 2009
Posted by Anders:
I just wanted to make sure that you were aware of the developer's website: http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/Products.aspx
This forum is obviously also a good way to get in contact with them, but there is a lot of good information on the Outlook tool product page, and there is also a contact page there.

Note, though, that he suggests here:

http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx

that the place to get support is the Toodledo Developer's Forum (I know he knows that questions should be in the Third-Party Forum, but I guess he hasn't updated this yet). This is the link that Toodledo refers to in their list of third-party export/import/sync applications.
Anders

Yup. I wasn't saying that this was a bad place to ask about the Outlook sync tool. I just saw the question sitting here unanswered for a couple of days, and wanted to be sure the author was aware of the website. Some questions can be answered by reading that very page you linked. It never hurts to know your options.
keef

Thanks for pointing out the incorrect information on the Toodledosync product page. I'll change that as soon as I get a chance.

keef

Edit:Should be fixed now

This message was edited May 12, 2009.
Manel

Posted: May 19, 2009
I have had this happen as well... It would only happen to me when I changed the dates on more than 20 tasks in between syncs.

I had started a thread but as far as I know there was no solution.
home

Posted: Jun 14, 2009
I had this question on the developers forum, unasnwered for some time, but since all questions should be here:
I have the same issue: duplicates when the due date is changed. (using 9.9.6). Questions about this subject since 2008. What happened. Any solution coming up?
keef

Posted: Jun 14, 2009
This has happened for other users because of a bug in the Toodledo iPhone application. Are you certain that this is not the cause in your case?

In terms of getting a solution, the more information I can get about the issue, the more likely it becomes that I can develop a fix.

keef
jayadas

Posted: Jun 16, 2009
I sync my outlook tasks with toodledo and I also use the toodledo iphone application, which I sync with toodledo. I enter 90% of my tasks in outlook. After a month or so of syncing, I currently have about 120 outlook tasks and over 500 toodledo tasks. I have as many as 5 duplicates of many tasks. Each of the duplicates has a different date. It appears that as I change dates for a task, toodledo creates a new task and leaves the task with the previous date. How can I prevent the sync with outlook from creating duplicates? Thanks.

Tom
keef

Posted: Jun 16, 2009
Try changing less than 20 tasks at a time before syncing. Does that make a difference?

Alternatively, please mail me trace logs of some of your sync runs. The address is developer(at)chromadrake.com

keef
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.