ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsDeleted by Unknown Third-Party Application

Deleted by Unknown Third-Party Application
uttsjs.

Posted: Jan 23, 2022
Score: 0 Reference
Yesterday, a number of my tasks just disappeared. Checked - Settings / Recently Deleted Tasks - and found them all there under "Method - Deleted by Unknown Third-Party Application". I was able to remove them from the Trash but the task / subtask integrity was lost so I had to fiddle to get them back to their original state.

The only odd thing I noticed was a message flashed up earlier (an hour?) on my phone about a "sync error" before I noticed some of the tasks were missing.

The tasks that were deleted were all recently added so somehow the phone must have overrode the PC/Web version?

Anyone else ever experience this?
LSF_2

What was the other application you were using?
uttsjs.

Only the Web version and the Android App. I have the Android App on my phone and 2 tablets.
uttsjs.

btw ... just happened again tonight.

I was looking on my phone after dinner and noticed a number of tasks that I had entered earlier in the day via my PC were missing. When I went back to my PC they were there until I refreshed the page. After that they were missing there as well and were back to the same state as my phone.

All were in the trash. Removed by "Unknown Third-Party Application"

Your Applications
Toodledo for Android http://www.toodledo.com/info/android.php
Last Used: Jan 23, 2022
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jan 24, 2022
Hi there,

Since this is a third-party app that seems to be deleting your tasks we can't take any responsibility for this.
However, I would still urge you to file a ticket or send an email to [email protected] so we can have a look into this!

Thanks,
Hasnain
uttsjs.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022
The only "3rd party app" I use is Toodledo- Android ...isn't that all under Toodledo?
uttsjs.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022
Score: 1 Reference
Opened a ticked and it ends up "Google Calendar Sync" was the culprit. I didn't realize it was considered a "3rd party app", my bad. It is just something in the "nice to have" category so I can live without it. It is being re-written so I may re-enable once it gets re-released.

Thanks to Hasnain and Pamela Hollingsworth for their help.
LSF_2

Posted: Jan 28, 2022
Score: 1 Reference
I use Pocket Informant with Toodledo too and use the iOs reminder in there. A while back, I made the mistake of deleting all completed tasks which also included the Toodledo one - I did not want this to happen.

Thankfully, I created a backup before deleting and I was able to restore this. Once the backup was restored this had the effect of bringing back all of the completed items in Pocket Informant and but leaving the deleted IOS reminders as deleted.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.