ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsDue Today for Android

Due Today for Android
Spencer Pablo

Posted: Dec 02, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I am using the free version right now--I want to be sure it's the app I want before buying.

I noticed something, however, and that is it doesn't seem to carry over repeated tasks with subtasks. For instance, if I have a task that repeats every day with the same exact tasks that repeat with the parent, then mark it as complete, it marks all the subtasks as complete, but kills the task and no longer repeats the next day. The task has the format like this:

Parent Task Title
- Task 1
- Task 2
- Task 3

Is this something that will work properly if I buy the app?

I am coming from the iPhone side of things and fell in love with the Appigo app. I am trying really hard to find an equivalent on the Android platform and I am hoping this is the app that does it. The Appigo Todo app had a really simplified interface that was customizable so I didn't have to see things that weren't important to my task creation. That really is the killer app that is making me want to jump back on the iOS.

I am liking how Chris seems to respond pretty quickly to the requests on this forum, so I am hoping that this app works for me.
Spencer Pablo

Posted: Dec 09, 2010
I just bought the program after some speedy responses from Chris. I have been using the Lite version for nearly a week and really wanted the sub-tasks feature as well as the widget, so I bought the pay-version.

After installing, I notice that plenty of my tasks are missing. I look over at my Toodledo page and the tasks are there AND the Lite version syncs up properly. The pay version seems to sporadically select which tasks appear. The initial sync took nearly ten minutes and only grabbed 16 tasks. Suffice it to say, I have way more than that.

Also, when I go to my completed tasks, it seems to crash the app. I get a force-close message.

I am running on the Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) phone. Not very many other programs running. The GTD apps are my core apps on the phone.
ross

Posted: Dec 16, 2010
Bought the paid version, looks a lot better than the other android to do apps, 1 issue I have is that on a widget 4x4 the number, the maximum number of items it will show is 12, if I delete a task another task will appear in it's place on the widget.
Chris McKay

Posted: Dec 17, 2010
@ross: Today's fix corrected that. The tasks will now fill the entire height of the widget.

@spencer: Please see the email I just sent you regarding that issue.
moneymanajer

Posted: May 27, 2011
Chris, I have been reading this thread and it is clear you have done a great job. I just got the app myself and it looks great. Issue is that when I try to sync, it tells me wrong password/user name even though I have entered in the proper information.

any advice.

thomas
Chris McKay

Posted: May 28, 2011
Double check that you have the email address entered instead of your username. Also, because it's very easy in Android to accidentally enter spaces, please double-check that your password and email address do not contain any extra spaces.

Also, please make sure that you're running at least 1.4.3. Prior versions used some of the old ToodleDo API which is now unsupported. That could be a cause of the username/password error.
.Jay

Posted: Jun 09, 2011
I have been using toodledo pro got to do paid and pure calendar.
A good combo BUT got to do is no longer updated and it didn't put task times on the pure calendar.
I spoke to pure calendar author (very nice man) who suggested Due today.
I. Am trialing due today free but need to know if times will show up on the paid version.
The free one isn't recognised by pure calendar.
Jay.
Chris McKay

Posted: Jun 11, 2011
The paid version does have support for due times. Start times are coming shortly.

As for Pure Calendar not recognizing the lite version, I'm in the process of finishing that up. Koxx and I have just finished up support for the paid version. Now I just need to move the interface over to the lite version and he'll hook it up.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.