ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTaskUnifier: Multiplatform

TaskUnifier: Multiplatform
TaskUnifier

Posted: Dec 27, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
@arys: Of course it should only show the error message. I will fix this.

@marhfer: yes, I admit personal search hasn't been fully fully tested, some combinations of column/condition/value might not work and some errors aren't displayed yet. But I will re-test the status condition.

Concerning the "Error while parsing response", it is probably the xml from Toodledo which I do not parse correctly. Do you know if it fails during add, edit or delete ? It could help me find which action doesn't work correctly.

It will think about the scheduled synchronization.

Thanks for your feedbacks.

This message was edited Dec 27, 2010.
TaskUnifier

Posted: Dec 29, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
@marhfer: In the new version 0.6.2, I have added a "create report" button when an error occurs.
Is it possible to resync, create the report and post it ? Thanks

This message was edited Dec 29, 2010.
TaskUnifier

Posted: Jan 03, 2011
Hi all,

Version 0.6.3 has just been released.

Scheduled synchronization has been added.
(thanks to marhfer for this feature request)
rcgottlieb

I might be missing something, but how do you add a task to a given folder or context? I would think you would start by adding to a folder, but if I highlight one of my existing folders and hit the add task button, I do not see anything appear. Any ideas?

Edit: I can see it appear if I choose All Tasks first, however it doesn't appear where one would expect, i.e. either at the beginning or end of the list. It shows up about 6 or so down. This happens even if I select new task while selecting a folder, i.e. it doesn't show up in the folder, rather it shows up randomly in the All Tasks list. Hope this narrows it down for you. I'm running 0.6.3 and this is on OS X 10.6.5 (Snow Leopard), Java version 1.6.0_22 if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Robert

This message was edited Jan 03, 2011.
TaskUnifier

Hi,

Well, the list on the left, is only a list of filters.
So yes, for the moment, if you add a task, and that the new task doesn't fit the selected filter, it won't be shown (that is a problem).

But setting the fields of a new task to match the selected filter might not be the solution.
For example, if I create a custom filter with lets say : condition Completed = Yes ?
I create a new task which is completed ?

By the way, in the settings you can define the default values for the fields of the new tasks.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback, I will try to improve this.
Maybe show the new task even if it doesn't fit the selected filter, switch back to the All Tasks filter when you add a new task or as you said, only for contexts/folders/goals/locations create a new task with the selected c/f/g/l... I have to think about that.

This message was edited Jan 03, 2011.
rcgottlieb

But even if, to start with, I can enter the task in All Tasks only, at least put the new task at the top or bottom of the list depending on sorting. That way I know where to expect to find the empty task to add info. Then I can give it a context and folder from there. That still works as well.

Thanks!
TaskUnifier

Posted: Jan 04, 2011
Ok, it is fixed, it will be released soon.

When you add a task, it will switch back to All Tasks and select the new task.

When you said, the task is added randomly in the list, in fact there was a bug in the sort function.
"All Tasks" filter is sorted by due date then by title, but only the first column was sorted.
marhfer

Posted: Jan 06, 2011
Thks for your effort Benjamin.

The "Error while parsing response" issue happened before several actions, but now didn't happen again (thks for report button).

For new task I recommend set up to certain status or another specific field and create a search with this setting, then you only can see in this search the new tasks.

Regards and happy new year!!
jasonclick

Posted: Jan 19, 2011
Is there a way of having the program not show completed tasks or maybe have them presorted so the incomplete items are at the top?
TaskUnifier

Posted: Jan 21, 2011
For the moment, you can create a personal searcher and add a condition Completed = false or sort your task by "Completed".

I have added preferences for that in the next version of TU.
nigel_1294825697

Posted: Jan 28, 2011
Hi again Benjamin from sunny South Africa :-)

Still experimenting and wonder if will be 'easy' or 'worthwhile' adding a 're-start' command / button to the application? Thinking that whilst your excellent work is being played with and being 'de-bugged', it would be much easier to 're-start' as opposed to >close >go find start and >try again! Hope this makes sense? Thought came to me whilst experimenting with 'themes' which as noted require a re-start to be valid. Obviously this is a VERY (very!) low priority...

10^6 thanks again for making your super application available!

Remember to KEEP SMILING!

VBR Nigel R
TaskUnifier

Posted: Jan 28, 2011
Hi Nigel,

Thanks again for your review on source forge page ;)

Concerning the restart button, if you only see the need for the themes, you can use the button apply, just under the combobox containing the themes, I know some texts will bug, but at least it will give you an overview of the theme, when you are happy with the theme you selected, you restart.

I already thought of a restart button in order to quick restart TU when you have modified configuration values which request a restart of TU.
It is already in my todo list with low priority.

Greetings from Belgium :)

Ben.
sorkinjj

Posted: Feb 01, 2011
Could you tell me how to use the "repeat" function? As an example, I want one of my task to repeat every 7 days from completion date or due date. I click on the Repeat field but cannot seem to enter any value.

Great app as I am using this to sync to my Toodledo account which is synching to my smartphone Palm Pre. Now my tasks are sync'd to all three devices.

Thanks.

Jon
TaskUnifier

Posted: Feb 03, 2011
Hi Sorkinji,

Unfortunately, it is still not possible... It is the only field you cannot (yet) edit with TU.
It is on my todo list, with the highest priority, but I still didn't find a good way to implement this.

However, you can edit the repeat field in Toodledo's website and the value will be displayed in TU and kept if you synchronize, the only thing is that you cannot edit the value.

Ben.
TaskUnifier

Posted: Feb 11, 2011
TaskUnifier 0.7.1 has been released.

Major updates are:
- Improved UI (especially for Mac)
- Repeat field is now editable

Change note:
- Added log bug and log feature request buttons
- Improved handling of http errors
- Task note is saved before sync (was not always the case)
- Improved UI (especially for Mac)
- Fixed bug with searcher conditions Completed and Star
- Task note line wrap
- Repeat field is now editable
- Bug fixed: add/remove column with right click is not saved
- Bug fixed: contributes to goal sometimes fails
- Bug fixed: synchronization error

Ben.
terencegtd

Posted: Feb 11, 2011
Hi, first off, thanks for the TaskUnifier, I just started using a week ago, I like it a lot. I appreciate it.

I just upgraded 0.71 and it is taking a long time to sync with toodledo compare to 0.70 version. I didn't notice any major changes in release note. It may be an isolated case, I will give it a couple days to see if it get better and I will give it a try on another computer. Let me know if you want any dev logs for debugging.

This message was edited Feb 11, 2011.
TaskUnifier

Posted: Feb 12, 2011
Hi,

Nothing changed concerning the sync part except the fix of a bug (sometimes the changes you made in Toodledo weren't immediately (you had to wait one hour approx) replicated in TU).

This might have an impact on the FIRST sync with 0.7.1.

This message was edited Feb 12, 2011.
Go-ooo

Posted: Feb 15, 2011
Hi, where is 0.7.1 version available for download? On Sourceforge.net folder TaskUnifier_0_7_1 has no files, the latest version for download is TaskUnifier_0_7_0_mac.dmg (looking for mac version).
I really like TaskUnifier, very usefull tool.
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Feb 15, 2011
An encoding issue appeared with 0.7.1.
I decided to remove it temporarly from source forge.
TaskUnifier

Posted: Feb 18, 2011
TaskUnifier 0.7.2 has been released.

No major updates except the fix of the encoding problem that appeared in version 0.7.1.

Ben.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.