ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by David"
David

Posted Jun 17, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPad / iPhone version 2.0
Score: 0
  • David
  • Posted: Jun 17, 2010
  • Score: 0
Can you give us the option to add our own fields on the dock in a future update? It would look like this http://software.dazeend.org/action_lists/images/screenshots/action_lists.jpg and would require less tapping back and forth from the homescreen to get things done :) I don't really use the notebook or change the settings around that often so customizing this would be fantastic! Also if you can make Project tasks only show the subtasks when I press on them (just like in appigo todo) that would be great.

This message was edited Jun 17, 2010.
David

Posted Jun 14, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPad / iPhone version 2.0
  • David
  • Posted: Jun 14, 2010
The new update rocks! Toodledo is seriously the best Todo app on the app store because of all these frequent updates :)
David

• David
  • Posted: Jun 10, 2010
Future suggestions for the Toodledo app: bulk editing, quick add and configurable statuses so I only see the ones I use.
David

Posted Jun 10, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 1
  • David
  • Posted: Jun 10, 2010
  • Score: 1
I would love to see a redesign that would look something along the lines like this http://www.potionfactory.com/thehitlist/
David

Posted Jun 09, 2010 in: Action Lists: GTD/Toodledo iPhone app
  • David
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2010
20+ free tasks managers later and now I think I've finally found the best GTD iPhone app! This wasn't an easy purchase for me because it's 10 dollars and most apps seemed to get abandoned every 6 months or so but this one is worth it imo. It's not cluttered with features I don't want and everything I do want to see is laid out perfectly in front of me.

The only 2 issues I have with this app so far is 1) It needs a Calendar view to set due dates like Todo and Taska and 2) This is more of a nitpick but I wish it had more visual elegance to the UI like Things and Taska. But other than that, keep up the great work! I will be using this on my iPhone from now on and looking forward to the iPad version :)
David

Posted Jun 04, 2010 in: Does anyone here use Springpad?
  • David
  • Posted: Jun 04, 2010
I guess I'll stick with Evernote for now until Springnote becomes a proven service. I'm not really a fan of Evernote's UI and would really prefer to use One Note if MS ever makes an iPhone/iPad app and offer cloud syncing.
David

Posted Jun 03, 2010 in: Does anyone here use Springpad?
  • David
  • Posted: Jun 03, 2010
http://springpadit.com/

It's basically a new service that will store notes on their servers for free. It's kind of like Evernote but the service is 100 percent free with an iPhone and Android app. I'm a little cautious about these new cloud based services but I really want to switch all my notes over now.

Earlier today I was snapping a picture on my iPhone to archive in Evernote and it took up a whole megabyte out of the alloted 40 per month! The thought of uploading as much information as I want through Springpad for FREE seems like a really compelling reason to switch over...
David

• David
  • Posted: Jun 02, 2010
I actually used a Next folder too but I wanted to make use of the focus/ hotlist after reading Toodledo's gtd chart

http://www.toodledo.com/info/gtd.php

it works great because you can see the things with a due date or high priority first on the later list and then it scrolls down to the things that need to have an action later.

The Evernote integration is still a work in progress and I'm actually thinking about redownloading Appigo's "Notebook" which integrates with ToDo and Toodledo's notebook. I might actually follow your idea and create a hidden reference list that will transfer into the Notebook app :)

This message was edited Jun 02, 2010.
David

• David
I would be 100 percent happy if I could run Appigo's Todo iPad on a pc through an iPad emulator (which doesn't exist). But I can't so I'm using Toodledo's website atm. I have yet to find an elegant looking desktop solution and would LOVE it if someone created a "Things" like web based/desktop app on the pc :-D
David

• David
I originally wanted to use Things for my Todo tasks (I strongly believe I can get more tasks done with more elegant and simplistic UIs) but I don't have a Mac nor do they offer syncing so I settled with Toodledo. I've tried most of the todo iPhone apps listed above and eventually settled with Appigo's ToDo. It's pretty straightforward, syncs perfectly through Toodledo and still being updated. I've using a combination of the Things interface along with GTD and here's what it looks like:

http://img714.imageshack.us/f/mobilephotojun220106194.jpg/

Focus is the Next action for all tasks with either a high priority and/or due within the next 7 days.

Starred is for any tasks I want to do today

Inbox of course is for unloading all my information to sort out and I'll keep and do any tasks that takes up to 2 minutes there

Later is basically a combination of scheduled in Things and the Waiting action list. Anything that's due by more than 7 days later or is can't be done yet for whatever reason. When the due date for a task approaches within the 7 days it automatically appears into my Focus list

Projects is for any Todo's that need to be broken down into steps. It's basically the same thing as checklists in regular Todo lists

And finally Someday(Maybe) is for anything I want to eventually do or might want to do in the future

GTD also talks about making a Reference list to keep things that can't actually but worked on but kept in your mind for some reason and I just e-mail those Todo's in my inbox into Evernote. I originally had a reference Todo list but transferring them over to Evernote made more sense since they weren't really Todos.

I don't really deal with Tags, Lengths or the Priorities features Toodledo offers because I want to keep things fast and simple. I tried using all their features before and I realized that I was spending way too much time playing around with my todo's rather than actually getting things done. But it's nice how Toodledo offers those features though to give people options.

This message was edited Jun 02, 2010.
David

• David
Task Angel is a really nice program but I don't like how the hotlist works differently than Toodledo.
David

Posted Jun 01, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • David
  • Posted: Jun 01, 2010
I just discovered Task Angel http://www.mypocketsoft.com/taskangel/ and I'll probably be using this as along with Taska or Appigo's Todo for my todo lists. Right now I'm using Todo but I really like how Taska is taking advantage of Toodledo's status updates in their next version

http://bitalpha.com/taska_ipad_release.html
David

Posted Jun 01, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: -1
  • David
  • Posted: Jun 01, 2010
  • Score: -1
I'd probably use the web interface more often if it looked like this

http://culturedcode.com/styles_2.5/images/screenshot_things_big5.jpg
David

Posted May 31, 2010 in: iPad beta testers
  • David
  • Posted: May 31, 2010
Actually could you take me out of the beta request? I'm just going to stick with using the app regularly, thanks
David

Posted May 29, 2010 in: iPad beta testers
  • David
  • Posted: May 29, 2010
Beta request sent
David

• David
  • Posted: May 29, 2010
Suggestions: Bulk edit and adding new contexts in tasks :)
David

Posted May 27, 2010 in: Free voice-to-Toodledo via Siri
  • David
  • Posted: May 27, 2010
It doesn't have voice command but you can do this with Google calendar too. You just text to a Google shortcode Take out Trash 7pm and it will send you an SMS reminder later on :) I also use Siri btw and it's an amazing app. The voice recognition actually works!
David

Posted May 27, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • David
  • Posted: May 27, 2010
+1. I actually went to Remember the Milk pro because of the more elegant looking UI but I went back to Toodledo because it does everything RTM doesn't. Why doesn't it have a calendar view when selecting a due date?, Why isn't there a pop up menu for the Tags? Why do I need to use the k/b to choose priories and so on. I'm getting more things done with Appigo's ToDo because it's simpler and more efficent. I really want to use Google Tasks as my todo manager but contexts are important with GTD and I'm staying with Toodledo for now.

EDIT: I found a great solution for adding Todo's on the computer and it's through this Google Chrome extension

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/ballhmoamkbbfadiealjmgmhbbnellbc?hl=en

I won't even need use the webpage interface anymore!

This message was edited May 27, 2010.
David

• David
  • Posted: May 13, 2010
Posted by PeterW:
[quote]Posted by David:
[quote]I just downloaded Appigo TODO's new iPad app but I'll still keep this app installed to keep an eye on the updates :-D[/quote]
Can you let us know your thoughts on Appigo's app <div style="display: inline; height: auto; position: absolute; visibility: hidden; width: auto; ">when [/quote]when you've road tested it? Thanks.[/quote]

I like Appigo's ToDo but Toodledo is the superior ToDo app. Not just because it's the official app and has all the fields, but because it has the instant syncing on edit feature which is important for me. Most of the time on ToDo it will only take a few seconds to sync on startup but there are times when it takes 15+ seconds which feels like forever. Also, ToDo gets stuck on an endless loop if you aren't on wifi (and have sync enabled on startup) but Toodledo seems to work perfectly fine no matter what.

I used to prefer Appigo's ToDo iPhone app because it it took less swipes to get to the tasks faster but that doesn't seem to be the case on the iPad. ToDo seems to focus more on the daily planner look and it takes more swipes to edit the tasks while Toodledo's iPad app has everything laid out in front of you.

If you're perfectly happy with ToodleDo, then I see no reason to go out and purchase ToDo unless you want a more elegant looking app. I guess ToodleDo can be an overwhelming app for some people to use because it offers so much customizability which they aren't used to. ToDo feels prettier, much more simplistic, and just works. I guess most people feel the same way (hence the reason why they got an iPad/iPhone).
David

• David
  • Posted: May 13, 2010
For EX Remember the Milk users!

http://www.appigo.com/todo/rtm-status
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next