ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by lite1"
lite1

Score: -1
  • lite1
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2010
  • Score: -1
Lee thanks for suggestion. I have been using DropBox which offers free 2GB of space on their servers and since I do not have tons of files I want access to, this beats carrying around as you do an external HD (or even a small memory stick). It works flawlessly and you can get upto 5GB of storage by friends signing up for the service. Highly recommended by me.

The other great value of Dropbox.com is that I can allow various people to view and/or edit the same document file and I find it to be even better than Google docs - I have not used latter very much however.

As far as keeping emails accessible and synched in different locations, I still have not arrived at what really works well for me.
lite1

Posted Mar 04, 2010 in: Fast Adding Subtasks
Score: 0
  • lite1
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2010
  • Score: 0
Subtasks are probably 95% of my entry and any suggestions that make entering, editing, them more effective is a huge time saver; hence I hope that it is fairly high on the implementation list. I'd expect that for most Pro users that subtasks represent a very high %age of entry and viewing.
lite1

Posted Feb 17, 2010 in: Payin for Toodledo
Score: 1
  • lite1
  • Posted: Feb 17, 2010
  • Score: 1
Posted by richard:
Hello,

I am a new user and have been testing RTM vs TD.
I must say ... So far I am impressed with all the features.
Except the UI.

-Rich

Welcome Richard ... I tried RTM for a month and hated the attitude of the developer. Some excellent people on that forum but he level of frustration of serious users was palpable. What a breath of fresh air coming to TD. You'll find many here who migrated from RTM. Hope TD meets your needs.
Edward
lite1

Posted Feb 17, 2010 in: To show or not to show
  • lite1
Posted by gjk:

This, however, is not a perfect solution because I still have the note and file buttons on the far right. Is there any way to move them to the left?

It was recently asked that Note and File buttons be moved, Jake has noted it but no promises. I also asked for a keyboard shortcut to open the Note of the task/subtask you are on. Personally I use Note a lot and having to scroll and then click is inefficient way to access Note.
lite1

Posted Feb 17, 2010 in: Shortcut to Toggle Sidebar
  • lite1
I had suggested this about 6 months ago. Rationale for me is that it allows me to see more of TD on my screen without scrolling and would be a convenience that I'd probably use on average 4 or 5 toggle trips/day.
lite1

• lite1
  • Posted: Feb 15, 2010
Glad it is on the list; hopefully also on the list is a shortcut key to open the Note of a task/subtask. Having to use the mouse is quite inefficient.
lite1

• lite1
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2010
Posted by Transisto:
Thanks for clear explanations, now I understand.

What I condemn though is the cost of learning it the hard way.

Yes I understand your pain here and from other of your posts. Yes TD could be clearer. What I suggest to you and others who are planning on trusting TD with important tasks and reminders is to do some testing and experimenting before committing to your system and use of TD.

I still have a folder I label as "Exp" for experiment in which I create various kinds of tasks and subtasks just to see how they work for me. I know this is after-the-fact for you, but perhaps others can learn from your painful experience, and you can adopt the strategy for the future.

While I am not making a excuses for TD and its ease or difficulty of learning its behavior, Gcal as a calendar program that many rely on has plenty of quirks and difficulties. Trust but verify seems like a good approach.
lite1

Posted Jan 31, 2010 in: Payin for Toodledo
Score: 1
  • lite1
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2010
  • Score: 1
I appreciate the OP's sentiments and also want to see TD do well as a biz both selfishly buy more so because the service and responsiveness is great. The user group as represented on the forum to me has always been intelligent and helpful in sharing and cutting the learning curve of newbies. Many months ago when there was a power outage and problems with the server space that TD uses at a highly regarded service, Jake of TD was given lots of support and thanks for the transparent way in which he kept everyone informed. As far as I recall no one lost any data and virtually all users were very understanding and OK with the inconvenience that they experienced. TD extended many people's subscription by a month as a gesture of goodwill. At the same time many free users bought a Pro account to show support; and some like myself who were already a Pro account upgraded to Pro Plus even though I really have no use for that added feature. With that kind of give and take I certainly expect that TD will do well and join you in urging free users to consider upgrading to Pro as the benefits are substantial for a minimal investment.
lite1

Posted Jan 31, 2010 in: Quick/easy way to open Note
  • lite1
Claudio ... good suggestion which has pros and cons to it. I'll probably experiment with using Multi-line view for some of what I do in TD on website, but in most cases for my needs the cons of Multi-line outweigh the cons of Grid view as my preferred layout.
lite1

Posted Jan 31, 2010 in: Quick/easy way to open Note
  • lite1
I am using website app. For many tasks (even some subtasks)I use the Note memo field which is stuck at the far right of the display and requires scrolling and clicking to get to it - very slow and horrible work flow. I believe that right now it can only be opened by a mouse click.

Some possibilities:
1) Keyboard short cut to open the Note of task/subtask that I am on.
2) Allow tabbing to move me to the Note and then enter to open it.
3) Move the icon for Note to the left side (perhaps next to Star).
4) When you hover on task icon (hand or parent) then have Open Note clickable text there.

========
I am aware of and use the Show Notes and Hide Notes toggle, however this acts globally and if one makes extensive use of Notes then having them all open often adds lots of clutter to what one is viewing. Finer grained and quick/easy control-access is what is requested.
========================

I know that there have been lots of requests for improving the user interface. Increasing key board short cuts is my main request, and "fixing" access to Note via key board is probably at the top of my personal list. Love all the recent improvements to TD - keep up the good work.
lite1

• lite1
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2010
Given other TD priorities for improvements, while I'd also like to "deal with this annoyance" it is really a low priority for me. If it were quick and easy and did not have potential cascading programming problems then I expect that it would have already been done. So if my assumption is correct then I'd suggest we stop "nagging" about this.
lite1

Score: -1
  • lite1
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2010
  • Score: -1
This would be a big time saver for me if someone can share their solution. Until recently I carried my laptop back & forth to work, but it died.

Goal:
Synchronize Thunderbird as well as certain document folders between my home PC computer and my work PC computer(both use XP Pro SP3)so that in either location I am working on the identical files and emails.

Details:
I have email at AOL, and use Thunderbird vers 2(haven't migrated to ver 3 yet); I leave emails on the AOL server.
So for active email, I can already do what I want. However, in my Thunderbird Local Folders I save/archive various email correspondence and often need to refer to this when writing email about a current situation; so I want to "see" these emails at both home and at work.

Similarly, I have certain correspondence support material (primarily word.docs and .xls spreadsheets) that I need access to or to send as attachments. I want to "see" these files at both home and work.

I have started to read about various inexpensive synch software (e.g. Good Sync http://www.goodsync.com/) as well as free 2GB storage websites such as Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/features). Fortunately(?) I do not yet have an iPhone so I don't have to think about keeping that in synch.

I imagine that many of you have figured out how to keep things synched in a simple manner between work and home, so I don't have to re-invent the wheel. Thanks for your ideas.
lite1

Posted Jan 18, 2010 in: Set task biweekly on tues
  • lite1
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2010
I had asked a different recurring date format ? a few days ago. TD pointed me to this helpful page:

You mean this? http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=2
lite1

• lite1
mattxphone You have gotten a lot of advice - some of it impatient. TD is an excellent program that is evolving and has some UI problems or areas that can be improved.

I expect that if you try it you will love its functionality. The forum is usually very responsive, and typically friendly, especially if an OP has made some efforts to figure things out on their own. Sorry you had so much difficulty.

I know that sometimes I can not see the nose on my face. Happens to us all.

With your background I expect that once you actually gain exp. with things that you might have some valid suggestions, yet I expect that you will need to do some to restore your credibility.

Enjoy ... Edward
P.S. I gave your post a thumbs up; hopefully so you feel more welcome. Generally, even annoyingly simple and obvious questions are well tolerated here.
lite1

• lite1
I am Pro subscriber. What I just did was cumbersome, so I expect there is easier way? Working on website (not via iPhone etc.)

1) From the View By: blue menu bar text at top I chose Due Date; and from that View I used the Folder column to change several subtasks to Maybe folder.

While they did then show up in Maybe folder, they also were still showing up in the original folder. Not the result I wanted.

2) My second approach, worked but was cumbersome. I marked the subtasks in my original folder as being completed, then:
In the Recently Completed view I changed the folder to Maybe and marked the subtasks as being Incomplete.
=======
There has got to be an easier way. I have rarely had need to change the folder for a subtask, so have not stumbled upon this area that I need to learn about for TD.

Thanks ...
P.S. FYI In account settings, I have manual sort on for subtasks (great new recent feature).
lite1

• lite1
  • Posted: Jan 16, 2010
Proximo I have not used it yet. Hope the following helps.

Toodledo wrote 7 days ago the following in News forum:

Two additions today.

1) It is now possible to email a task to someone from the website. Hover your mouse over the checkbox for any task and select the "Email task..." link. This will open a pre-formatted email in your preferred email program.

2) Adjacent to this you'll see the new "Permanent Link" link. This is a way to get a URL that links directly to a specific task. From now on, email reminders sent from the website will contain this permanent link so that you can quickly get to the task from an email.

Enjoy!

===========
P.S. I just used the "Permanent Link" and then bookmarked the subsequent view and labeled the BM appropriately. Will play around with other ways that I might use this. It seems that it would be useful in delegating a project to someone as well.

This message was edited Jan 16, 2010.
lite1

• lite1
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2010
Thanks for the continued comments, helpful. I have not made the leap yet, but it seems that this is nearly a no-brainer when it comes to productivity.
lite1

• lite1
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2010
Exactly, thank you. So the answer to my ? from the linked page is:

Format 2: "On the X D of each month". Where X is a number or numerical word (first, second, last, etc) and D is a day of the week (Mon, Tue, Wed, etc). Examples: On the second monday of each month, On the last Fri of each month, On the 3 Sat of each month
lite1

• lite1
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2010
I have recurring tasks e.g. second Tuesday of month. How can you easily set this up? I had mistakenly remembered that entering in Date field "2nd Tu" would work.

Indicating any other quick entry date formats that are not well documented in Help area would also be appreciated.
lite1

• lite1
  • Posted: Oct 22, 2009
As usual forum comments are wonderful - thanks to both of you for sharing and for links (I use PC). Think I will take the time to setup some different environments at work (dual display versus one larger screen) and get some direct experience.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next