ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by cjuzda"
cjuzda

Posted Mar 29, 2010 in: Taska iPhone app is very good
Score: 0
  • cjuzda
  • Posted: Mar 29, 2010
  • Score: 0
I've been using this seriously since yesterday and I'm really impressed. I had installed it earlier but it crashed. They updated it and so far no crashes. There appear to be some very minor bugs that don't really impact use. They've done a great job with the "Action List" in terms of the ways you can get things to show up. Projects, like almost all apps are only 2 levels - projects and subtasks but they are still very well done. Even though they don't support auto sequential, they make it really easy to review projects and add Next Actions to the Action List. The developer has indicated they are looking at making subtasks sequential. Repeating and filtering are really well done. I haven't dug too deeply into all of the Toodledo syncing in terms of what syncs and exactly how well it performs in this area but for me, it is basically syncing what I need.

Note that I use Toodledo Pro primarily for entering a lot of tasks with notes to speed data entry but use the iPhone app for almost everything else. i.e. I use the iPhone app 90% of the time vs 10% for Toodledo Pro.

Seriously, if you are looking for a really nice GTD app that has pretty much all the bases covered, this is a good one at an extremely reasonable price. And I've actually used the full versions of Toddledo, ToDo, 2Do plus a couple of other less capable programs and took a really good look at Things and Omnifocus. They all have weaknesses but I feel that Taska has actually gotten GTD right in the iPhone. It seems very close to Omnifocus without the ability to do sequential projects but is actually better in some respects plus it syncs with Toodledo of course

Chris
cjuzda

Posted Mar 28, 2010 in: Cool new iPhone ToDo app
  • cjuzda
  • Posted: Mar 28, 2010
Nice review, thanks. Can project tasks be set up to be sequential?

Posted by c.barber78:
I wrote a review of taska here:
http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281905
Its pretty good, I prefer Todo for the moment though.
cjuzda

Posted Mar 24, 2010 in: Projects with no next actions?
  • cjuzda
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2010
There are a few programs that allow auto sequencing for projects where when a task is marked "Done", the next task in the project automatically becomes active. this would be a great feature to add
cjuzda

Posted Mar 24, 2010 in: Notes Button Too Far Right
  • cjuzda
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2010
+3 It's not just an issue of having to scroll or use keyboard shortcut, I need to see if the task has a note attached at a glance and I can't do tat easily now.
cjuzda

Posted Mar 22, 2010 in: Cool new iPhone ToDo app
  • cjuzda
  • Posted: Mar 22, 2010
Looks very promising. I will not purchase it yet as I already have purchased 3 apps - ToDo, Toodledo and 2Do (which I'm using now) but will keep an eye out to see how it evolves. Can you explain more about the "limited" syncing with TD as I couldn't find much detail on the site with respect to what the limits are. Thanks
cjuzda

• cjuzda
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2010
Pocket informant is good. If you don't necessarily want to combine tasks and calendar items (and I don't) - I like Calengoo, which syncs beautifully with Google calendar - if you do want the combined approach (and I don't):), Pocket informant is by far your best bet, nothing else comes close (and it does sync with Toodledo)
cjuzda

Posted Mar 03, 2010 in: 2Do app with Toodledo
  • cjuzda
  • Posted: Mar 03, 2010
I noticed 2Do has a new version submitted for approval that supposedly improves syncing with Toodledo and badge options among other things (but nothing really major). One of the things I forgot to mention is that unlike ToDo and Toodledo for iphone, 2Do, sometimes uses Notes to store meta data relating to a task so it's not 100% clean and I'd still like them to find a way to not delete completed items from Toodledo when they are automatically removed from 2Do after the selected time period. I'm using tags for contexts which works well enough since 2Do handles tags so well - There have been suggestions on their boards to add status so you never know. I'm going to stick with it for 30 days before going back to ToDo as the interface is so nice
cjuzda

Posted Mar 02, 2010 in: Retain deleted iphone tasks in Web App?
  • cjuzda
  • Posted: Mar 02, 2010
That's what I was looking for and it does work thanks
cjuzda

Posted Mar 02, 2010 in: Retain deleted iphone tasks in Web App?
  • cjuzda
Currently I can't find any setting to have deleted tasks remain in the Toodledo web app after they are auto deleted in ToDo or 2Do. Does anyone know if this is possible with the Toodledo iphone app? (I don't want to re intall it just to check this). Either way I think this would be a great featrure so that deleted items don't clutter up the iphone apps but can be retained for reference on the web app. One work around is to use ToDo Notebook and convert the deleted tasks to a Note but then it still has to stay on the iphone app indefinitely.

Chris
cjuzda

Posted Mar 02, 2010 in: 2Do app with Toodledo
Score: 1
  • cjuzda
  • Score: 1
Currently I can't find any setting to have deleted tasks remain in the Toodledo web app after they are auto deleted in ToDo or 2Do. Does anyone know if this is possible with the Toodledo iphone app? (I don't want to re intall it just to check this). Either way I think this would be a great featrure so that deleted items don't clutter up the iphone apps but can be retained for reference on the web app. One work around is to use ToDo Notebook and convert the deleted tasks to a Note but then it still has to stay on the iphone app indefinitely.

Chris
cjuzda

Posted Mar 01, 2010 in: 2Do app with Toodledo
Score: 1
  • cjuzda
  • Posted: Mar 01, 2010
  • Score: 1
I'm trying 2Do for a few days to see how it stacks up - Tags are very well done and lists or "calendars" in 2do can be created from Smart Searches, so theoretically you could have smart list for each Tag (context). The issue is more that they are synced to TD as tags of course instead of contexts which makes TD less effective. Having purchased and used Toodledo for iphone, ToDo and now 2Do, my feeling is that while ToDo is the best at this point in time, for GTD when combined with the Toodledo web app, 2Do is very cool and a bit more fun and Toodledo for iphone is my least favourite, but still performs well. Negatives for 2Do compared to ToDo: Mainly no Stars and No true Contexts, Positives: Sorting and Searches are fantastic, Smart Lists or Saved searches (ok, CALENDARS but calling task lists Calendars is just dumb)are really well implemented. The UI is real eye candy compared to ToDo BUT - probably not as clean and efficient but much nicer to look at and play with. In my opinion, 2Do has copied a lot of the functionality of ToDo (projects and checklists are identical for example). One of my concerns with 2Do is what it will do with deleted items - ToDo gives you the option to delete items from the iphone while leaving them in Toodledo Pro, which is ideal for me. I'm not sure how 2Do handles this so I'm doing some testing over the next few days with the auto delete function in 2Do.

This message was edited Mar 01, 2010.
cjuzda

Posted Mar 01, 2010 in: 2Do app with Toodledo
  • cjuzda
Contexts are not supported and tags and saved calendars based on tags seem like the only work arounds. The main strengths are the smart calendars and the mutltiple sorting options but having to work around contexts is a real deal breaker for me. Based on the developers comments, it doesn't look like they will add contexts
cjuzda

Posted Mar 01, 2010 in: Appigo Todo now better for GTD
  • cjuzda
I agree on your last point and the ability to see tasks instead of projects has been requested by several users - we'll have to disagree on the UI, to me it is much cleaner and faster than Toodledo for iphone and switching to view by folders is not "Multi step" - The list name and context being viewed are very prominently displayed at the top of the screen so I don't see how you can miss it

Chris

Posted by mco:
Posted by cjuzda:
I'm not sure what you mean about contexts, tags and folders, ToDo lets you quickly filter any view by context and or tags so if you want to see tasks by context, it's a one click filter from any view, including all or some or one folder(s). If you're talking about being able to filter so that a task with tag x OR context y OR Folder z, shows up, to me that's counter intuitive and not really following GTD. It's not abut being "pretty", For me, anyway, it's about having the cleanest, fastest UI without a bunch of extra stuff, that's not GTD anyway. There is nothing wrong with Toodledo's app at this point but I think it kind of reflects that it was designed to FOLLOW the web app on the iphone where ToDo was designed with the iphone in mind FIRST. Also, if you use projects ToDo is obviously better at handling them.

Actually, for the iphone folks ToDo is not considered pretty at all, 2Do is much "prettier" :)

If I am viewing things by context and wish to switch to viewing by folder, it's a multi-step process. I have missed important information in Appigo todo because I did not realize at the time that a context was also being filtered by folder. In other words, I don't find the UI fast and clean, but clumsy.

The same holds for projects: I don't want to see a project on a context list, and have to go inside the project to see next actions.
cjuzda

Posted Feb 25, 2010 in: Appigo Todo now better for GTD
  • cjuzda
  • Posted: Feb 25, 2010
I've also purchased Appigo's Notebook for iphone which syncs to Toodledo Notebook and enables you to create a Task from a Note or create a Note from a Task. It works well if you use the Notebook functionality in TD. If you just need a good Note taking app for the iphone, there are lots of cheaper options that work as well or even better but the ability to interface with ToDo and sync with TD is very useful
cjuzda

Posted Feb 20, 2010 in: Appigo Todo now better for GTD
  • cjuzda
  • Posted: Feb 20, 2010
I'm not sure what you mean about contexts, tags and folders, ToDo lets you quickly filter any view by context and or tags so if you want to see tasks by context, it's a one click filter from any view, including all or some or one folder(s). If you're talking about being able to filter so that a task with tag x OR context y OR Folder z, shows up, to me that's counter intuitive and not really following GTD. It's not abut being "pretty", For me, anyway, it's about having the cleanest, fastest UI without a bunch of extra stuff, that's not GTD anyway. There is nothing wrong with Toodledo's app at this point but I think it kind of reflects that it was designed to FOLLOW the web app on the iphone where ToDo was designed with the iphone in mind FIRST. Also, if you use projects ToDo is obviously better at handling them.

Actually, for the iphone folks ToDo is not considered pretty at all, 2Do is much "prettier" :)
cjuzda

Posted Feb 20, 2010 in: change priority level of a task
  • cjuzda
  • Posted: Feb 20, 2010
just click on the priority in the priority column and you will get a drop down that enables you to change it
cjuzda

Posted Feb 18, 2010 in: Appigo Todo now better for GTD
  • cjuzda
  • Posted: Feb 18, 2010
@Proximo,

I've already requested the option of having Starred tasks on the badge instead of focus list plus the Status Date. If we keep pushing them on this, I'm sure it will happen - Complete agreement that as far as iphone apps for GTD, it is the very best right now

Chris
cjuzda

Posted Feb 15, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
  • cjuzda
  • Posted: Feb 15, 2010
  • Score: -1
Unfortunately no Start Date yet but it's been requested by a few of us users

Chris

Posted by Proximo:
Posted by cjuzda:
Proximo: You may be interested to know that ToDo for iphone just added Star capability to their app and the sync to Toodledo supports it as well

This is great. How about "Start Date"? From memory, I think this is the only other feature that I use and Todo did not support. I could be wrong, so please let me know.

I love Todo's simple UI, it's perfect for GTD.
cjuzda

Posted Feb 15, 2010 in: Appigo Todo now better for GTD
  • cjuzda
  • Posted: Feb 15, 2010
Good stuff, Proximo. I wish you well with your endeavour! Based on your posts, you certainly have an excellent understanding of GTD and what is required
cjuzda

Posted Feb 14, 2010 in: Appigo Todo now better for GTD
  • cjuzda
  • Posted: Feb 14, 2010
ToDo is also my favourite due primarily to the clean and simple UI and the way it handles projects. The stars are a huge plus. There are some pretty neat iphone todo apps coming out right now but I find some of them are mainly about appearance rather than functionality 2Do has some very cool features but isn't there yet, particularly no sync to Toodledo, no contexts, etc.- it relies to heavily on tags although it handles tags very well. SOME day, someone is going to get it just right (for me) I hope.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next