ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by daniel_h"
daniel_h

Posted Nov 03, 2013 in: New Section: Lists
Score: 0
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2013
  • Score: 0
I just watched the video on lists. I am surprised that it seems that lists cannot be shared. my thought was to use a list as a way to make a set of steps to complete for a desired actions (e.g. payroll - collect hours, enter data, send payroll, send payroll tax, etc.). I share this task with my assistant, and am surprised to see that we could not collaborate on checking off items on the list as they were done. I guess I will be sticking with parent task and subtasks for now...
daniel_h

Posted Nov 01, 2013 in: Silver, Gold, Platinum
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Nov 01, 2013
thanks Jake, that makes sense.
daniel_h

Posted Oct 31, 2013 in: Silver, Gold, Platinum
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2013
hi,

I'm actually confused on two features of the "new" subscription plans. I have studied them because my subscription is up soon and am deciding whether to stay with gold or upgrade to platinum. I don't really see much difference between the platinum and the gold, except for the additional storage. I don't use the your storage, but would rather have better integration with my online storage services that I already pay for, such as box.com.

also, both the gold and the platinum list "unlimited' priority support tickets. My last experience with creating a ticket did not agree. after making my ticket, I was told that I could not enter another ticket until the current one was resolved. that was one notice. another notice I received during the process says I could only enter one per day.

both of those scenarios are limited, not unlimited. I think it is not realistic thinking to assume that I might only have one issue at a time with using the product.

my suggestion is that you make the platinum level have truly unlimited priority tickets. I would pay for that...

This message was edited Oct 31, 2013.
daniel_h

Posted Oct 31, 2013 in: New Section: Lists
Score: 1
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2013
  • Score: 1
hi,
while I love that the iPhone app works very well, I also agree with bluemoon1983. 98% of my task processing is done on computer (web) and therefore want features added to the web first.

I have experience with another task processing platform that for some reason puts some features on web, and some features on phone. I found it very frustrating to have to pull out my phone to do some things, and then go to my computer to do others. if you use the phone exclusively, I would see that it would be a bummer to see things added to the web first. but that is not my case. thank you toodledo for keeping the web app to be fully functional!
daniel_h

Posted Oct 30, 2013 in: TextExpander Touch
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2013
sort of like waking up to presents, wrapped, but no permission to open them yet. can you believe that I am already seeing xmas ads on TV? this is sort of like that. I want my textexpander!!! LOL
daniel_h

Posted Oct 17, 2013 in: TextExpander Touch
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2013
any news on this update?
daniel_h

Posted Apr 15, 2013 in: Tags disappearing
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Apr 15, 2013
refreshing page did not make a difference over a couple of hours. I checked back yesterday, and it seemed to resolve. could this have to do with the tags cache happening daily? I really was changing a lot of tags, and this issue had to do with previously completed tasks having their tags changed.
thanks.
daniel_h

Posted Apr 13, 2013 in: Tags disappearing
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Apr 13, 2013
hi,
I have been changing the way I use tags in my entire task list. I notice that if I go into tag view, the number of tags listed next to the tags is off on a number of the "changed" or new tags. for instance, I have one tag that in the left side vertical bar has a "6" next to it. when I click on that tag, the list of tasks has at least double that number.

for another tag, it lists that there is "1" task. if I click on that tag to view, there are no tasks listed, but instead the message that some filters are hiding my tasks. I click to turn off the filters, but the task still does not appear. I think this might be because toodledo is confused. the task in question is an old task that was completed a long time ago, but recently changed (by changing the task). the only way to see this task is to search for completed items. but why is there a "1" next to the tag on the tag view screen?

so, to further point out the issue, this is on the web. if I go to the iPhone app, the task numbers are correct and the above issue does not seem to exist.

if both of these issues has to do with the caching error mentioned, at what time does the re-cache recalculation happen? I will be interested to see if this resolves itself, or if there is a more serious bug...

This message was edited Apr 13, 2013.
daniel_h

Posted Apr 08, 2013 in: Completed Tasks This week
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2013
oh, that's different. try this:

checked off = yes
date completed is after "last Sunday"

make sure that your "show" filter shows completed tasks. I tested this and it works.
daniel_h

Posted Apr 08, 2013 in: Completed Tasks This week
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2013
on web? then how about "date completed" is in the last 7 days?
daniel_h

Score: -1
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Mar 22, 2013
  • Score: -1
thank you, again, for continuing to update the product. I look forward to each new update as a step toward getting all of the functionality that we are requesting.

you mentioned that you fixed the bug with archived folders showing in the accordion list. I believe that is corrected, however, I still have archived goals showing up in the accordion list. I trust that this will be on the list for a future update?
daniel_h

Posted Feb 25, 2013 in: cursor entry point for notes
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Feb 25, 2013
Hi,
I use both the web and iOS versions. most of the entry that I do is in the web version, and so I have learned its behavior and adapted my data entry to how it works.

Specifically, on the web, if I click into the "note" area of a task to edit a note, the cursor is placed in the upper left corner of the note box. This is preferable to me, as I like to enter my notes in reverse chronological order, with the newest note entry at the top. this has the practical result that the most recent note entries are at the top, and so one does not need to scroll down to figure out what the next step is. my assistant and I both use macros (textexpander) to initial and timestamp our entires. I find this works well.

however, on the iPhone app, clicking into the not field results in the cursor being placed at the bottom right of the previously entered text: after the last character. to keep my entry mode consistent, I then need to scroll to the top of the text, and carefully point to the upper left corner to try to get the cursor in the corner, before all previously entered text.

to me, it seems that the behavior should be the same on both platforms: web and iOS. as stated earlier, I prefer that it be the web version, so that new text is entered before old text. by the way, this also applies to the Notes area of the app, not just the note field for each task.

Thanks...
daniel_h

Posted Feb 25, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Feb 25, 2013
thank you! I was one of those that liked the new version, and am glad to see it back.
daniel_h

Posted Dec 15, 2012 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2012
I also am one who LIKED the upgrade and am AVOIDING downgrading. I understand that the colors are not great. However, I paid attention to Jake's comments that the new version had all of the building blocks to make it easier to add enhancements (like color changes, other requested features) in the future. I, personally, like the new navigation and the hope for quicker feature enhancements! I hope that we as a group have not just doubled Toodeldo's programming work and made it harder for feature enhancements in the future.

Just my $.02...
daniel_h

• daniel_h
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2012
I use the status "Canceled" for this. I mark it complete but change the status to canceled, and add annotate the note field.
daniel_h

Posted Nov 17, 2012 in: How to customize the Main View ?
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Nov 17, 2012
Posted by magalie:
Hello,

I know it is possible to create saved search, and have access to them from the search menu, but as I use very often some searches which are not under a folder or context, I would need a kind of "shortcut" to ma favorite saved seaches from the Main menu.
Do you think this is possible ? If yes, how can I do that ?

Magalie

with keyboard shortcuts turned on, from anywhere inside toodledo tasks I just push "E" to get to searches, then use the numbers "1,2,3,..." to get the particular saved search that I need.
sometimes, after pressing "E" to get to search, the cursor is stuck in a new search. just press "TAB" twice to get out and then hit a number to go to the saved search.

This message was edited Nov 17, 2012.
daniel_h

Posted Oct 29, 2012 in: spam in Time Management Forum
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2012
I have been using the thumbs down button to "help out." however, with more than 20 new spam posts, I don't really think it is my job to clean out the forum. I have "voted" negatively on a sample of them, but hope that you will now take the lead and clear them all!!
daniel_h

Posted Oct 29, 2012 in: Notifications on Shared Tasks
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2012
I will monitor. thanks! this morning I have a mix of notifications, some from yesterday and some from this morning. at first blush, it seems that your change has made a difference. I will report again...
daniel_h

Posted Oct 27, 2012 in: Notifications on Shared Tasks
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2012
any follow up on this? my assistant updated a task yesterday morning at approximately 10am. I got the collaboration notice at 2am this morning????
daniel_h

Posted Oct 18, 2012 in: Notifications on Shared Tasks
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2012
do you want me to start a ticket?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next