Search results for "Posted by daniel_h"
daniel_h

Posted Oct 16, 2012 in: Notifications on Shared Tasks
Score: 0
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Oct 16, 2012
  • Score: 0
Posted by Jake:
No, it should arrive sooner. Please check your timezone to make sure it is accurate. It may be a bug.

time is correct in my settings...
daniel_h

Posted Oct 16, 2012 in: Notifications on Shared Tasks
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Oct 16, 2012
Toodledo - I have a task that was completed by a collaborator yesterday afternoon at approximately 2PM. I did not receive a notification until 7 AM this morning - 17 hours later!! Is this the way it is supposed to work?
daniel_h

• daniel_h
  • Posted: Oct 13, 2012
Posted by david-drake:
Okay -- that is what I thought. Any chance for an option to remember your list of tags so you do not have to retype every time?

-David

my solution is that I have a couple of "dummy" tasks called "tags" and "tags1" that I tag with all of the tags I wat to use in my list. in other words, these tasks only exist so that I can use all of the tags in the tasks. I don't see them because they are filtered out of all of my searches and lists (negative priority, no due or start date, etc.), but all of my tags are used, so they never drop out of the tag popup for editing tasks. if I didn't explain that well, let me know and I will try again!!
daniel_h

• daniel_h
  • Posted: Oct 08, 2012
thanks for the update! I am particularly interested in the siri reminder integration. it seems as if it is almost there. the delete on import works, and most of the defaults work. however, even though my defaults (both on the iphone and the website) say to default to medium priority, the siri imported tasks come in with low priority. this could still mean that some of my tasks don't make it to my hotlist, which is where I want them to be...

thanks again!
daniel_h

• daniel_h
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2012
Posted by Jake:

Tasks imported from Reminders do not inherit the task defaults yet. This is on our to-do list.

thanks for the response! until this makes it into an update, I will still be using Siri to email tasks, instead of using reminders. ultimately it is much more important for me to have my new tasks show up in my hotlist, and that only happens for me with my task defaults...
daniel_h

• daniel_h
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2012
Posted by Jake:

Tasks imported will only show on the hotlist if they are supposed to be on the hotlist because of their due-date or priority. .

...and as mentioned several times, the imported tasks are not inheriting the task defaults, and so do not automatically have priority or status high enough to make anyone's hotlist. I do hope you respond...
daniel_h

• daniel_h
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2012
Posted by daniel:
great feature. however, new task from reminder not taking task defaults, and therefore not showing up on my hotlist as I would expect.

Hoping that this comment did not get lost in the "crash" discussion...

This message was edited Sep 20, 2012.
daniel_h

Posted Sep 20, 2012 in: Siri & Reminders
  • daniel_h
same behavior for me...
daniel_h

• daniel_h
great feature. however, new task from reminder not taking task defaults, and therefore not showing up on my hotlist as I would expect.

also, even though I have the "delete after importing" choice selected, the reminders remain in the reminder app after they are imported into Toodledo...
daniel_h

Posted Sep 17, 2012 in: All my Notes gone
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2012
From Help section. check out the part about syncing iOS to toodledo.com. I hope you find your solution!

The iOS app has gotten out of sync with the website.

Although it is very rare, sometimes our iOS App gets out of sync with Toodledo.com. If this should happen to you, first make sure that your account information is entered correctly in the app's settings and then do a manual sync from within the "Synchronization Settings" page.
If this does not solve the problem, you may need to reset the sync status. To do this, go into the "Synchronization Settings" page and tap on "Modify Account Login". There are two buttons at the bottom of the page that you can use to force a full sync.

iOS to Toodledo.com - This will force the device to upload all of it's information to the website. Be careful, because this will potentially override any changes that you have made on the website.
Toodledo.com to iOS - This will force the device to download everything from the website. Be careful, because this will potentially override any changes that you have made on the device.
If neither of these options work, you'll need to reset the device. To do this, go use the "Purge Data" option in the app's settings section. Use this to delete all the tasks on your device. Now, your device is empty and you should be able to sync everything down from the website.
daniel_h

Posted Sep 12, 2012 in: how to report spam posts
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Sep 12, 2012
ok, thanks...
daniel_h

Posted Sep 12, 2012 in: how to report spam posts
Score: -1
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Sep 12, 2012
  • Score: -1
yes, I understand how to report a post. I wanted to know how to report a user who is making several posts...
daniel_h

Posted Sep 11, 2012 in: how to report spam posts
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Sep 11, 2012
Maybe it is hidden in plain sight, but I can't see the best way to report a user as someone who is posting spam to the forum.
daniel_h

• daniel_h
  • Posted: Sep 06, 2012
hmmm, that is what I use Contexts for: @confer, @assistant, @review, @computer, @errands, etc. I use to use @call and @email, but combined them into @confer, because emailing and phone calling seem to be interchangeable for me...
daniel_h

• daniel_h
  • Posted: Aug 31, 2012
using chorme Version 21.0.1180.75 on Mac OsX
It would be nice if after activating the bookmarklet, hitting escape would cancel the new task. instead, the behavior I see is that it blanks the task, but I still need to hit the "X" in the upper right corner to cancel the action. only hitting "ESC" to cancel would be great!

other than that, this is a great feature! thanks!!
daniel_h

Posted Aug 09, 2012 in: Hide Parent Tasks
Score: 1
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Aug 09, 2012
  • Score: 1
for my multi step tasks (task made up of subtasks), I make the parent task have a priority of -1 (negative priority). the subtasks themselves each have their own priority, start date, etc. Also, my parent tasks have status "active" while my subtasks are either "next action," "hold," etc.

you can easily toggle your view to include negative priority tasks or not, thereby hiding the parent tasks at will.
daniel_h

Posted Jul 31, 2012 in: Show "no due date" tasks on Hot List
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Jul 31, 2012
certainly possible with saved searches. but I like to have my lists coordinated from web to iPhone. so until saved searches on iPhone, I will have to continue as described above...
daniel_h

Posted Jul 30, 2012 in: Show "no due date" tasks on Hot List
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2012
I use the Start date. Most of my tasks don't have a Due Date, as I only use the Due Date for tasks that MUST be done by a certain date. My interpretation of Start Date is "when do I want to look at this task next?"

So my hotlist is made up of tasks that are due or overdue by Due Date, or have a start date that is "current." Tasks with a Start Date in the future do not show up on my Hotlist.
daniel_h

Posted Jul 14, 2012 in: Notifications on Shared Tasks
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
It is not currently possible to see it right away. We decided to send updates in batches. This way, if someone edits a dozen tasks you get one summary email instead of a dozen emails, which would be annoying.

While that might be annoying to some, it would be comforting to others (like me!). If I am waiting to to something that is dependent on my assistant completing another task, then it is much more helpful for me to get timely notice that the task is complete than either 1) waiting up to 2 hours to get the collaboration email, or 2) checking the task list repeatedly to see if the task has been completed.

many sites (forums, new lists, etc.) allow the user to choose immediate notice or batch notice. this would be nice for Toodledo...
daniel_h

• daniel_h
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2012
I use start dates to tell me when a task is "available," or more precisely, when I want to pay attention to the task. While I might adjust the start date for a task a few times as I work on it. Using start dates puts tasks on my hotlist when on the start date.

So for taxes, I would set a start date to the first of the month, and a due date for the end of the month. I typically sort my hotlist by status, importance, and start date. Since importance takes due dates into consideration, I don't need to sort by due date. By using status, I can easily see which tasks are really next actions, and which are "holding," and which I am waiting for someone else before I can move them up. I will typically adjust my start date and status settings as needed for tasks that get delayed (left message for someone and now waiting for him/her to call back), or tasks that I want to promote from hold to next action.

I also set up a few custom searches to see, for instance, what is coming due, or set to be started, tomorrow, in the next week, in the next month. So if I find myself with my hotlist empty, I use the searches to find what is coming up that I can work on.

No system is perfect but this works for me.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next