daniel_h

Posted Jul 03, 2012 in: Collaboration Improvements
Score: 0
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2012
  • Score: 0
Posted by Toodledo:
@letitviv1
1) This is intentional. It will not be possible to share a subtask with someone who is not also sharing the parent. Subtasks go with their parent.

this seems counterintuitive to me. I have many parent tasks that are made of several subtasks. I want my assistant to do one of them, but not all. some subtasks are clearly my responsibility, and some are clearly hers, but they belong to the same parent. how do you suggest we handle that? the idea is to not clutter up her list with subtasks that she need not be aware of. please reconsider this "feature."
daniel_h

Posted Jul 03, 2012 in: Collaboration Improvements
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2012
hi,
thanks for the feature. this is a step in the right direction and I am glad that you are putting resources into this.

unfortunately, this does not satisfy my need for tracking assigned, shared, or joint tasks. I would like to be able to assign a task to my assistant, and track it in my task list. however, it needs to be able to show up, for example, as status "next action" for my assistant and "delegated" for me. also, my context for this task would be "@assistant" where her context might be "@research."

I want to be able to follow what she is doing, without it showing up as a next action for me or changing the context as it relates to me. I was hoping that having the task show on both of our lists would accomplish this, but I guess it does not.

I know I can just check the sharing list to follow up on her assigned tasks, but I want them to show up in my hotlist when I need to pay attention. in other words, I want it to remind me without me having to go look for it.

thanks for your consideration.
daniel_h

• daniel_h
  • Posted: Apr 10, 2012
also, saved searches are not yet IOS ready. I would love to have more flexibility on what my "hotlist" showed.
daniel_h

Posted Mar 12, 2012 in: Assigning task with Location
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Mar 12, 2012
thanks for the quick response, as always! thanks also for tackling this complicated issue. would you comment specifically on the idea of giving us a choice for assigned tasks to have the same defaults as new/emailed tasks. that would help me out until the rest is sorted out! thanks!
daniel_h

Posted Mar 12, 2012 in: Assigning task with Location
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Mar 12, 2012
I agree that it would be nice to set up same contexts, goal, locations, etc. with my assistant and be able to assign tasks back and forth without losing that information. however, with the current limitation, I would at least like the following:

allow us to choose that tasks assigned have the same defaults as new tasks. already, emailed tasks have these same defaults as an option. if my assistant assigns me a task, I would like it to at least have my default options. those ensure that the task makes it to my inbox and to my hotlist for me to process. otherwise, the only way that I know I have been assigned (or reassigned) a task is the collaboration email, which is sometimes hours delayed.

as a dream, I would love to be able to preserve the subtask information. many times, I assign a subtask to my assistant for her to do something and then reassign it back to me. I would like to be able to preserve the idea that it belongs to a goal, folder, context and parent task!
daniel_h

Posted Mar 01, 2012 in: Set Negative Priority via email?
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Mar 01, 2012
you could set your default "new task" priority to be "-1 negative." then each task emailed would be negative priority automatically, unless you added exclamation points to the subject line. of course, this means you would have to change every new task to have a positive priority if needed. it would be a choice for you as to which you do more often: add negative priority or positive priority tasks.
daniel_h

Posted Oct 18, 2011 in: Toodledo for iOS 2.1.15
Score: -1
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2011
  • Score: -1
thanks! especially for the TextExpander addition. cutting and pasting from their app was cumbersome. yeah for improvements!!
daniel_h

Posted Sep 07, 2011 in: Multiple Timestamped Notes for Task
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Sep 07, 2011
+1
in the meantime, and at toodledo's suggestion, I have started using text expander for this. I use it on mac and iPad, and also a compatible windows program called breevy. All platforms share one set of "snippets.".

So, now, I type "dd," and the current date and time, along with my initials, are inserted into the note field. I set it up for my assistant, too, so that when she updates my notes, it does the same with her initials. this way, I use the note field as a running time log of updates on every task.
daniel_h

Posted Aug 04, 2011 in: Let User Hide/Unhide Left Sidebar
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Aug 04, 2011
This would help when using browser in iPad. There is no mouse...
daniel_h

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Printing problems in new format
Score: 1
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2011
  • Score: 1
I have the same issue: prints only what is on screen, not what would be visible after scrolling down. This is on a mac, snow leopard, chrome.
daniel_h

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: new task defaults not working
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2011
I experience this problem, intermittently. mostly it is the priority field that does not set correctly.
daniel_h

Posted Jun 29, 2011 in: Task notes
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Jun 29, 2011
Great news. Thanks.
daniel_h

Posted Jun 28, 2011 in: Task notes
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Jun 28, 2011
Ok, I am looking at TextExpander and see that it could be a solution for me (albeit expensive for the one thing I want!). I see that there is an iPhone/iPad app for this that works with compatible apps. Toodledo is not on the list of compatible apps. Is it, or will it be, compatible with TextExpander on the iPad? This would make not having time/date stamps native to the app acceptable for me.

This message was edited Jun 28, 2011.
daniel_h

• daniel_h
  • Posted: Jun 19, 2011
Yes, I have the same setup and the same issue. It doesn't bother me that much, as I don't use the due time field much.

I would have seen your post a lot sooner if it had been in one of the other forums.

Daniel
daniel_h

Posted Jun 18, 2011 in: Task notes
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Jun 18, 2011
+1 for date/timestamps

Macro program is not a solution for me as I spend equal time on mac/PC/iPad. Every note I take is date stamped, manually, now. It would be so great to have a date/time stamp button.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4