ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Jason Bushell"
Jason Bushell

Posted Oct 14, 2013 in: Star behaviour
Score: 3
Windows 95 rocked.
Jason Bushell

Posted Oct 01, 2013 in: What do you use outlines for?
Score: 0
I use it for areas of my life where I have a defined goal, but i'm not sure how I will go about achieving it yet. So its basically a planning/brain-storming tool.

For example, I play Chess, and would like to improve my rating.

In my Chess outline I have main nodes for areas I want to improve, and then sub-nodes for things I could do to improve that area. These are more general things than tasks.

I also run a website.

In my website outline, I do a similar thing where I can make a note of things that I would like to do or improve. Its more flexible than notepad, and a good way of grouping things.

It might not be for everyone.
Jason Bushell

Create more tasks? :)

Could you post a screenshot? That might make it a bit easier to solve.
Jason Bushell

Posted Sep 26, 2013 in: Manually sorting of tasks
Do you use tags at all?

If not you could use that. Or length.
Jason Bushell

Its far easier to create a Quick Step in Outlook 2010.
Jason Bushell

Score: 1
Lists and Outlines solve problems that tasks can't do naturally.

For example, I used to create a list of books that I wanted to read by creating a task for them under a seperate folder.

But reading isn't really a task. Unless its for work or study, reading rarely has a due date/priority/location etc...

You just want a list of books that you would like to read someday.. and you tick them off when you're done.

Outlines are for getting lots of ideas out of your head and into a framework which you can use later. Creating lots of tasks here would be inappropriate as some may not be actual tasks, and some may not actually be used.

GTD isn't the only way to do things, and encompasses more than just the original book in my opinion.
Jason Bushell

Is the raw data backed-up for everyone on the main server?
Jason Bushell

Posted Sep 04, 2013 in: Sub Sub Tasks
Can you give us an example of a scenario where you would use sub-sub-tasks?
Jason Bushell

Posted Sep 03, 2013 in: Subtask defaults
Go to Settings and look under the Tasks heading.

There is a sub-tasks button where you can select for sub-tasks to inherit the same criteria as the parent task.
Jason Bushell

Posted Aug 22, 2013 in: Silver, Gold, Platinum
Score: 3
Good to hear. : )

I may do so out of loyalty at some point. I don't have any need for additional space, but it would be good to help support and improve the service.
Jason Bushell

Posted Aug 19, 2013 in: Silver, Gold, Platinum
Has anyone taken up Platinum yet out of interest? :)
Jason Bushell

No, checked off tasks just get marked as checked off. The status doesnt change.

I guess its no big deal overall. Sometimes I look at a completed (checked off) task, and it has a status of something odd, like "waiting" or "planning" because I completed it without changing the status.

Since everything checked off no longer needs an action, auto-changing its status would make sense.

But its not urgent. :)
Jason Bushell

I do not see an option for Completed under the status field.

Do I have to enable it?
Jason Bushell

It would be great if their status is just marked as completed.

On the rare occasion I do need to find an old task, its always a little confusing when its still marked as Next Action, or Active.
Jason Bushell

Posted Aug 12, 2013 in: Sub Sub Tasks
Put simply, TD isn't really designed for massive project management.

I think that kind of feature would probably only be used by a minority of users, and that most people who had large projects to manage would use software specifically geared for that purpose.

It caters for people who want to manage individual workloads, and for smaller teams to keep track of tasks.
Jason Bushell

Interesting.

It would depend on the size of the task for me.

If I was writing something that could conceivably be completed within a few hours, (a review, or something easily defined) i'd created a task for it, with sub-tasks if it had a few sections.

If it was something bigger like writing a book, or a program, i'd probably create a folder and goal for it, and block out chunks of times to work towards it.

If it was a program, i'd have a folder for it and tasks that split it down into stages. (Planning functionality, layout, first draft etc....)

Then under each of those stages, i'd have sub-tasks that blocked out time to work towards completing the goal.

If it is a very big project, then achieving it all in TD might be a bit of a mission in itself.
Jason Bushell

Posted Aug 07, 2013 in: Suggestion
OK. I also have an iPhone 4, and find that in general its not as fast as it once was.

TD still works pretty quickly though.
Jason Bushell

Posted Aug 06, 2013 in: Outline: Hide checked items
Awesome!!

Thank you.
Jason Bushell

Posted Aug 05, 2013 in: Suggestion
What phone are you using?
Jason Bushell

Posted Aug 05, 2013 in: Outline: Hide checked items
A full change log page would be appreciated.

Especially for people who don't visit the forums often.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next