ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Brian Matlock_1343862228"
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Jan 30, 2015 in: Note width and wrapping
Score: 0
The single thing that costs me the most time in my use of toodledo is the fact that I can't set the width of the note text box, but that it instead is automatically set to the width of all my columns. I live in those notes. Currently I have one of two choices:

1. Choose the number of fields I want to use based on how wide I want my note field. That would require me to remove from my screen columns that I occasionally use. Currently, I keep the less used fields to the right. That way, I only have to scroll to see those lesser used fields (except for my notes--uggh).

2. Scroll back and forth to read my updates.

I'm a long time user of Toodledo, and think its a great product. But this single situation costs me a lot of time every day. I've posted on this before (that post has been closed due to age), and I know you can't comment on development timeframes. I'm hoping this is being looked at in the short term.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Jan 21, 2015 in: Task and notes disappeared?
I use Toodledo to track the phone activity I have with home sellers over many months. I was just updating an 18 month old record a moment ago with some current information when my browser crashed (Chrome). When I rebooted and reopened toodledo, that record was nowhere to be found. I've quick-searched by Subject under "Main, All Tasks" and found nothing. I also tried the view, "Search" and looked under items that were checked off. Nothing.

I should have turned off my internet access on my iPhone before I opened Toodledo there. But I didn't. It immediately synced. No record there.

The loss of those notes is very significant to me.

I have a Gold Subscription.

Is there anything else I can do to try to recover that record? (In case you try to trouble shoot, The subject would have contained "47th" "Judy" and "0795" somewhere in it. I have created a new task to replace the old one that now also contains those words/numbers). Is there a method of backup I should be employing?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Oct 17, 2014 in: Change Default Width of Note Field?
My biggest interface problem with Toodledo on Windows7 is in the width of the note field. I've added various columns as needed to Toodledo. Several of these are used infrequently, so I put them at the far right of the screen where they don't interfere as much. Unfortunately, the note field automatically widens to the width of all the fields I've added. That forces me to run Toodledo quite wide to read all of my notes. I'd really like to be able to set a default width for that field.

Great product!
Brian Matlock_1343862228

If you wanted it exactly on the correct day, I'd consider creating 12 tasks--1 for each month. I put Start Dates on my task, and typically filter to not show future tasks, so those wouldn't populate my screen until they were needed.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Mar 22, 2014 in: Paid support?
Do you have any paid support options?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Feb 07, 2014 in: Occasional but very serious problem
I wanted to bring to your attention a problem I've had now on several occasions related to my use of the mobile app on iPhone and my use of the Web page. This is ultimately a user error, and I recognize that, but its very easy to do for busy users of your software. I've now had at least two instances in which I was modifying the notes for a task while I was in the field, and somehow didn't sync the task afterwards. I have my iPhone app set to sync upon edit, open, close, etc., so it must be that I was interrupted with a phone call or some other distraction, and left the app open with an open task. Then I later was at my computer and typed critical information into the notes field, and saved it. Then the next time I went to my phone app, I save the open task, or exit the program (I'm not clear and don't remember these specifics--I'm always running in 10 directions), which caused toodledo to sync the version of the notes on the iPhone with the server, overwriting the critical information I had entered earlier. I've decided now not to use the app on the phone, but instead use the Slim site hoping that might fare better for me. Again, this hasn't been a frequent problem but it is a significant one for me. I'm afraid it will happen again as its difficult to remember to close out of everything when crisis arise amid entering notes for something unrelated.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Jan 10, 2014 in: Plugin warning in Chrome: No Plugins!
I've disable all Chrome extensions, closed all Chrome browsers, reopened Chrome to run toodledo, and am still getting the plugin warning. Further, toodledo is running erratically (mouse over movements don't get a response quickly, editing notes is very slow).

I'm on Windows 7. Any suggestions?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

I rewatched the video and found my own answer. You don't "prepopulate" these list columns (as you do in Google spreadsheets or other databases I've used). Toodledo creates the list as you create list entries.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

I'm starting to migrate some data I keep to lists, but I'm not sure how to use the "list" column type appropriately. If I create a "List (pick one" column, I don't see how to populate that list with my options for entering a new record? Any help?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Aug 14, 2013 in: Trouble with Java update?
I'm on a MacBook Air, OS X 10.7.5, and just did a java update a moment ago (prompted by the op system). I'm now having trouble with Toodledo running in Safari. Anyone else?

Specifically, there seems to suddenly be a significant processing delay for any mouse clicks or actions. I heaven't explored all the problem yet, but it's clear when I try to open a memo box, or even double click text in the task title or other field.

I've tried shutting down all open windows and restarting the browser, then rebooting. No luck.

I switched to Chrome and it seems to run fine. I want to use Safari, however, as I use Fluid to create stand alone web apps for all my most important apps--Toodledo being the most important.

Any help?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted May 01, 2013 in: Memo width and wrapping
Can I get the memo field to word wrap at a size that is narrower than the full length of all the columns I've selected? I use 35" monitors. I add a number of columns to toodledo that I use only occasionally, and just let them trail off the screen to the right. That way they are available by scrolling to the right as needed.

But now I find the memo field won't word wrap to my browser width if I reduce the total size of toodledo below the total column width created by all those columns. I can't leave toodledo open to the full column width, or it will fill most of my 35" monitor.

That makes me have to choose between having to constantly scroll left/right to read my notes, or of giving up two or three columns that I occasionally use but want to keep off screen most of the time. I'm hoping there's a work around.

This message was edited May 01, 2013.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Dec 14, 2012 in: Can't activate Reminders Import
In the Tasks section on the Settings tab, I only show four items: Fields & Defaults, Hotlist Settings, Date Alarms and Folders.

Is the Reminders Syncing gone as a result of Toodledo's recent downgrade in the App Store? I'm running 3.0.1.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Dec 12, 2012 in: Can't activate Reminders Import
The instructions below don't work for me. When I tap the "Settings" page inside the app, a link for "Siri & Reminders" doesnt show up.

I've got:

Prefs
Sync
App badge
Start page
Pass code
Language

Then Tasks section, Info section. Nothing for Siri/reminders

Am I looking in the wrong place?

<Can I use Siri to add a task by voice?

Yes you can.
First, tap "Settings" inside the app and select "Siri & Reminders". Then turn on importing from the Reminder's app.>
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Nov 27, 2012 in: Suggestion: Default Values for alarm
I use Toodledo frequently to set an alarm for something I need to remember later in the day. Setting those alarms up seems to take more clicks than necessary. I'd love to see (or be able to set?) a default time in the time field. That would save me some typing for most of the alarms I use. It would also be helpful to have some clickable interface to enter the time you want, not unlike the mobile app. Going back to the keyboard to type in the time after clicking on the field is the real time consumer.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Nov 14, 2012 in: Print a single note
Add my voice to those who wish they could print a single note without the sidebar included. The problem comes if you keep sensitive information in notes. Currently, the title of other notes prints along with your selected note if you use the print feature in Toodledo. I have to copy and paste to print selectively.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Nov 13, 2012 in: Subscription reminder ambiguous
I have purchased a number of accounts for people I work with. Some of those use their accounts regularly, others don't. I just received an email notice that "Your Toodledo Subscription is Expiring". That email doesn't reference a specific account. I clicked on the link and it took me to the renewal page, which indicates my own account won't expire for some time.

It would be helpful to me to have you indicate which account was expiring in the reminder email.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Jul 03, 2012 in: Collapse left sidebar?
Before the 2011 redesign, you had added the option of collapsing the left sidebar, giving us significantly more screen space for tasks. I know after the redesign there were a lot of comments from users missing that feature (me being one of those users), and you discussed the likelihood of re-implementing it in the new design.. I'd like to make that request again. I'm now using an AirMac as my main computer, and screen size is a real issue. Any progress on that?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Jul 30, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 2
Score: 2
I agree with this request.

Posted by roberts.s.p:
Please please bring back hiding of the sidebar. It would greatly reduce clutter and add clarity. I like to have a list of tasks in my face and nothing else. The simplicity of having a table of tasks which can be extensively sorted and filtered is what brought me to Toodledo. Once I have my task list filtered and sorted as I need it to be that never gets changed. So I don't need the side bar constantly present.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted May 28, 2011 in: Keep icons when I collapse the menu
I posted this some time ago: "I am frequently collapsing and expanding the menu bar that runs along the left side of the screen to take advantage of the extra screen space or switch to another section of Toodledo. I think it would improve the interface if when I collapsed that portion the icons remained in place, allowing me to switch without having to expand the menu. I don't think it would cost any new screen real estate, since the Toodledo logo currently moves to its side and provides enough space to house the icons. Just another suggestion from a happy user!"

I know you've got your hands full. But I'd like to re-request it. It would seem to be a fairly easy change--just adding the existing icons and links to whatever page is displaying when the log is on its side (naiveté on my part)? Here's to hoping someone can take a look into it.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted May 13, 2011 in: Independent Alarms?
I've been a pro user for several years, and just added accounts for my colleagues. Great product. One area that has always been a difficulty for me and is now compounding as I work with more people is the fact that the alarms are tied to the due date. This isn't so much a problem when I'm creating and working with my own tasks, as I just set the alarm for the time I want based on the due date. But when I'm collaborating, the tie between these items can create confusion. Specifically, there are times that I want to set a reminder for an event that has no due date. Also, my need is often to have an alarm go off based on some event that has nothing to do with the due date for the actual task, which we might be changing. That is, I might set a reminder to work on the sales report a week before I meet with a particular client, even though the sales report due date is several weeks later, and might also change for unrelated reasons (a colleague changes it to a week later because new sales activity has developed and we want to include it on the report). But the reminder is needed for the sake of the client meeting, not the actual due date of the report. As it stands, I have to create a separate alarm, usually in my calendar. Much more complicated, especially when I'm sharing and managing tasks across collaborators.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next