ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Brian Matlock_1343862228"
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Nov 12, 2009 in: iPhone Sync to Web site spotty
Score: 0
My iPhone version of the tasks in the native app never seems to be the same as the one at the web site. I primarily use Toodledo on my desktop. My primary view is the Starred list. Right now, the starred list on the iPhone contains multiple tasks not marked as completed that I long ago marked as completed on my desktop, (even after multiple syncs). The reverse is also true: There are items that are not marked as completed but starred on my desktop that aren't showing up in the starred list on the iPhone. I suspect other lists and views have similar problems, although the Starred list is the one I rely on on my iPhone the most. Any suggestions?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Sep 03, 2009 in: Deleting files is tedious
I've just spent some time trying to delete files from Toodledo that I had uploaded some time ago, just to make the selection of a newly uploaded file easier. I didn't notice a way to delete multiple files at once. It was quite tedious to click delete, then confirm, for every file. I ended up giving up. If there were some mechanism for file management, I suspect that many users would reduce the number of files in their account. Right now, its much easier to let them accumulate.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted May 14, 2009 in: Notebook import failed
I tried it again without modification and it worked fine. Thanks for the help.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted May 13, 2009 in: Notebook import failed
I needed to adjust the folders I was using for all my notebook notes. I had quite a few so I used excel to make the changes. 1) I added the new folders I wanted to start using. 2) I exported the entire notebook to a CSV file. 3) I deleted my notebook notes in Toodledo. 4) I adjusted the folders in the appropriate column in the excel file. 5) I saved it as a CSV file. 6) I imported it into Toodledo from the "Import Notes..." link on the Notebook page.

Toodledo showed the notes in a window and asked me to confirm. I clicked yes, and they appeared to be imported. But I find nothing in my notebook.

I didn't want to retry, lest I end up with duplicate entries (there's no way to delete large numbers--click, confirm, click, confirm). Should I retry, or is there another problem?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Mar 26, 2009 in: New top requests?
I was going to suggest a couple improvments, but searched the forum to see that they've been suggested in the past. I checked your first forum "Top Features Requests" and found this old post:

<<We get these feature requests sent to us a lot, so I'm positing them here to let everyone know that we are working on them.

In no particular order:

1. Ability to share a task so it appears on both people's lists.
2. Flexible reminders (set a different reminder time on a per task basis)
3. Manual Sorting (manually move tasks into an arbitrary order)
4. Offline (ability to manage tasks when not connected to the internet)
5. Task templates, or ability to duplicate tasks.

We'll update this list as we complete things and as we get new requests. >>

Many of these items have been added. What are your new frequent requests (so I won't make them again)?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Is the only way to modify the data for a particular field for a task to add a column for that field to one of your views? I've had occassion to use a field rarely (I only rarely use the 'repeat' task field, for example) but didn't want to sacrifice screen space. Am I missing a way to edit all the fields available to a task other than in one of the column oriented views?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Jan 03, 2009 in: Keep icons when you collapse the menu?
I am frequently collapsing and expanding the menu bar that runs along the left side of the screen to take advantage of the extra screen space or switch to another section of Toodledo. I think it would improve the interface if when I collapsed that portion the icons remained in place, allowing me to switch without having to expand the menu. I don't think it would cost any new screen real estate, since the Toodledo logo currently moves to its side and provides enough space to house the icons. Just another suggestion from a happy user!

This message was edited Jan 03, 2009.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Dec 12, 2008 in: Fee based Phone support?
Do you offer any fee based phone support? These forums are excellent (the best I've ever run accross), and your response to them is outstanding. But I would like to talk to someone about issues that would take a lot of time to resolve through written communication. It might be worth the cost to me to speak directly to someone.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Dec 04, 2008 in: Change font size for editing notes?
Chrome. I just tried it in Firefox and IE, and don't get the same effect. I like Chrome in "Application Mode" because of the minimalist design elements.

This message was edited Dec 04, 2008.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Dec 02, 2008 in: Change font size for editing notes?
When I click on the "notes" icon for a task the notes expand in an easily readable font. However, when I click inside to edit those notes, the font shrinks substantially. On my screen, they become quite difficult to read in edit mode. I can increase the size of fonts in the browser globally which makes them readable in edit mode, but then the other views of my data aren't as manageable or pleasing.

Is there a way for me to change the font size only for the edit mode of the notes? Do you recommend a work around?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Dec 02, 2008 in: Notes mixup. Sync problem?
OK. I'm now suspecting that these are separate issues, the first one (overwritten notes) being the only one of real concern. It hasn't repeated.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Nov 22, 2008 in: Notes mixup. Sync problem?
I think I found the source of my problem: I had inadvertantly opened two instances of Toodledo using two separate broswers. (I was having connection problems, and wasn't sure if the problem was the browser, the service, or my connection and opened a second broswer to test it). I'm sure I used both browsers throughout the day not realizing I had another instance open. I found at the end of the day that extensive notes I had added to several tasks were suddenly "missing", an obvious result of having added them in another instance of Toodledo actively open on my desktop.

Do you think that would also explain the earlier problem I indicate in this post (cross indexing of notes)?

This message was edited Nov 22, 2008.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Nov 21, 2008 in: Notes mixup. Sync problem?

This message was edited Nov 21, 2008.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Nov 21, 2008 in: Notes mixup. Sync problem?
I just had the notes from one of my tasks appear inexplicably in another task. I'm wondering if there might have been a sync problem that could do that, or some other issue? I'm concerned because I make heavy use of the notes. I'm confident I didn't accidently cut and paste, or similar.

The note that seems to have been overwritten was not that important to me--so no harm done. But I'm concerned that I might have a problem that could cause real issues.

In case you are able to look at the actual tasks in my account: The task that seems to have had its notes copied is "Jocelyn 8617 W--communicate to chuck, request earnest straight to title". The entirety of the notes from this task suddenly showed up in the note field for "Call Agents for feedback on listings", which contained just a couple lines of notes from two calls I had made.

I have the iPhone Toodledo app installed. I don't remember using this afternoon, but I might have without thinking about it. Any insight into this?

This message was edited Nov 21, 2008.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Nov 13, 2008 in: Custom Icon?
This is a general browser/web app question, but it will help me specifically with Toodledo. Does anyone know how I can change the icon that Google Chrome displays in its upper left corner and in the task bar for a particular web app? I've created a separate icon on my desktop and start menu for the Toodledo Notebook and To-Do lists, each of which I use extensively throughout the day. I changed the icon on my desktop and start menu for the "notebook" page, but it doesn't seem to change the icon that displays in the browser or task bar. I use so many different web apps, having separate icons would help me more quickly navigate them as I work. I'm going to post a similar question on a Chrome site. Thanks for any suggestions.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Oct 30, 2008 in: Collapse all folders?
I found it. Toggle Dividers.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Oct 30, 2008 in: Collapse all folders?
I've lost the button that allows me to collapse all folders. How do I get that back?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Oct 28, 2008 in: Pop-up reminders?
Any consideration of adding a pop-up reminder option along with the SMS or email options? I have in mind something similar to the pop-up feature that Google calendar uses.

Thanks,

Brian
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Oct 27, 2008 in: Managing comleted tasks
I have a pro account, and will frequently browse/search through completed tasks to review notes. I use the completed tasks as my archive of data for a given project.

I'm not yet completely familiar with how Toodledo handles activities that I used to do in Outlook. For instance, I would have expected to be able to use virtually any task view in Toodledo to browse completed tasks. Spefically, when viewing "All Tasks" by folder I am used to being able to allow Outlook to show completed tasks in that view. I would then review or search the tasks to find what I was looking for.

How does Toodledo handle older, completed tasks? Do they go to a special folder that I need to search independantly? How would you recommend accomplishing my activity above as a Toodledo user?

So far I've been able to find my old tasks when I've needed to, but it's requrired some non-intuitive stumbling around and searching on my part. Can you point me to an overview or outline the basics?

Thanks,

Brian
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Sep 15, 2008 in: Removing column in customize view
I am trying to remove the "Date Completed" column using the "Customize" icon on the To-Do list page. But am not having any luck. Is that feature functional at this point?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next