ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by KatBoy"
KatBoy

Posted Jul 04, 2009 in: Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated.
Score: 0
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Jul 04, 2009
  • Score: 0
Posted by BoyOhBoy:
I'm getting the same thing on the updated app - when loaded the "sundial" appears for several seconds and it's not possible to edit tasks, message says wait until the sync is complete.

I thought it was performing an actual sync (but tested and it's not) but the new app is doing something when first loaded. I have mine set to manual sync so it's not clear what it's doing but it is very annoying - my O2 network can be very slow which is why I prefer to do things manually in my own time.

Sorry to bump this - what's happening when the app loads? It's slowing me down. Thanks
KatBoy

Posted Jul 03, 2009 in: Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated.
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2009
I'm getting the same thing on the updated app - when loaded the "sundial" appears for several seconds and it's not possible to edit tasks, message says wait until the sync is complete.

I thought it was performing an actual sync (but tested and it's not) but the new app is doing something when first loaded. I have mine set to manual sync so it's not clear what it's doing but it is very annoying - my O2 network can be very slow which is why I prefer to do things manually in my own time.
KatBoy

Posted Jul 03, 2009 in: Updates to due dates and start dates
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2009
I'm getting the same thing - most annoying and have to reset the date several times; using Firefox 3.0.11.
KatBoy

Posted Jul 02, 2009 in: Toodledo on the iPhone
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Jul 02, 2009
Push is definitely working for me. One of the reminders options on my settings page (http://www.toodledo.com/connect_remind.php) is iPhone, which I selected. On the iPhone app itself, one of the task detail options is alarm from which you can choose timescale ie 15 minutes, 1 day etc.

I've tested it and confirm it's working, although it disappears when another reminder comes in, whether you've seen it or not.
KatBoy

Posted Jul 02, 2009 in: How do the new push notifications work?
  • KatBoy
I just tested push and it does work - but I set due time and reminder on website and not sure how it works with OUtlook.

But I had someone send me a test text straight afterwards and reminder was lost.... So I may go back to text messaging support for urgent reminders.
KatBoy

Posted Jul 02, 2009 in: iTunes have released ToodleDo update!
  • KatBoy
At last.....
KatBoy

Posted Jun 26, 2009 in: ToodleDo iPhone app on sale....
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Jun 26, 2009
... until next update. Hope Apple approve 3.0 soon!
KatBoy

• KatBoy
  • Posted: Jun 24, 2009
I bought PI when iPhone app first became available, heeding advice on this forum that it would need a few upgrades before it became really useful. Every new release, though, does something weird to my data - this week's update deleted over 100 items. :-(

So I'll stick with the official ToodleDo app - and trying to be very patient... eagerly awaiting Apple's approval of the update.
KatBoy

Posted Jun 24, 2009 in: Forum Moderator and some improvements
Score: 1
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Jun 24, 2009
  • Score: 1
Great news - and congrats to Anders. I'm always learning new things from you; and starting to actually get organised and efficient :-)
KatBoy

Posted Jun 18, 2009 in: Customizable reminders/alarms
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Jun 18, 2009
Great new feature....
Is is possible to 'view all tasks with reminders'? Sometimes they actually get done before they're due (not very often in my case) and can be cancelled. Also saves delivery charge. Thanks
KatBoy

Posted Jun 16, 2009 in: iPhone Push Notifications?
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Jun 16, 2009
iPhone app update! Wow - thanks. I can't wait to see what's new and hope Apple don't take forever approving it. I do have a wish list but whatever you've done - I know it will be worth waiting for. Thanks Toodledo

This message was edited Jun 16, 2009.
KatBoy

Posted Jun 11, 2009 in: Question about the recent downtime
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2009
Hurray!!! I knew you'd do it. Welcome back.....
You must have been frantic and thanks for working so hard.
KatBoy

• KatBoy
  • Posted: May 15, 2009
Me too. What saskia says.
KatBoy

• KatBoy
  • Posted: May 12, 2009
I like that Toodledo doesn't refresh automatically; I periodically do a "brain dump" of several new items at once, and prefer to have them all at the top for double-checking, avoiding duplicates, adding notes, etc.

Don't use subtasks at the moment though, would love to see that function refined, especially task dependencies. Then Toodledo would be Perfect!
KatBoy

Posted May 05, 2009 in: Message to thpope
Score: 2
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: May 05, 2009
  • Score: 2
Hi Alan

I enjoy reading your posts and often learn something new and useful - ie thanks for info on PI. Hope you continue to contribute.
KatBoy

Posted Mar 26, 2009 in: Changes to task note missing
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Mar 26, 2009
I'm having the same problem, which seems to have started yesterday. Alterations to a task's note don't save. I also sync with the ToodleDo app on my iPhone.

Would also like to know if there's a limit on note size? I've beeen testing it but haven't found a limit so far.
KatBoy

Posted Mar 25, 2009 in: SMS reminders
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2009
I've finally found the answer to my own question.

O2 don't actually know about it because it's legacy stuff from when they were BT Cellnet - I found it on a forum discussion dated 2002.

For anyone else on the O2 UK network who's interested in receiving text message reminders from ToodleDo here's how to set it up - but caution - I haven't yet checked how much I'm being charged.

1. Send an SMS to phone number 212 with message saying "ON"
2. Your email to SMS address is now activated: [email protected] (n= your mobile number omitting preceding zero)
3. Send a test email to yourself to make sure it's working.

Boy
KatBoy

Posted Mar 19, 2009 in: IPhone Apps
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Mar 19, 2009
Hi Me

Thanks for the info on Pocket Informant - I'm really impressed with functionality and lots of good user feedback. It looks like a great working tool and I'll be downloading this weekend. I've been waiting for a good integrated system.

Funambol - not ideal I know but I never could get my contacts to sync with iTunes. This works great and I'm much happier with over-air syncing, and only need to plug the phone into my computer every few weeks.

I really didn't get on with integrated calendars. Steve loves diarising and setting up alarms for everything (reminders for reminders). They were going off on my iPhone, my Google calendar (and maybe even Outlook I can't remember). Anyway, couldn't get anything done for his reminders going off everywhere. Drove me absolutely crazy!
KatBoy

Posted Mar 18, 2009 in: iPhone inventory app?
Score: -1
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Mar 18, 2009
  • Score: -1
Does anyone know of a good iPhone Notes/inventory app? Must sync with web or be capable of back-up via CSV export? I would like to itemise possessions for insurance, so capable of storing serial numbers, pictures of item/picture of receipt - that sort of thing?

We made an insurance claim recently and investigators have asked so many questions, we couldn't find the receipt, couldn't remember when we bought the item, etc etc and I don't want to go through that again.

Thanks,
KatBoy

Posted Mar 18, 2009 in: IPhone Apps
  • KatBoy
  • Posted: Mar 18, 2009
Hi Dave

Thanks for suggestion; I tried that but it didn't work so well. He insists on having reminders for everything and they were popping up everywhere - drove me crazy. SaiSuke is quite pricey and there are probably cheaper ones out there but I was desperate....
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next