ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by KBC1-Gold-Expired-May2020"
KBC1-Gold-Expired-May2020

Posted Aug 22, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 0
Scott... Did you upgrade a paid account or a free account? I tried to do the lifetime on a free account that I have had for a few years which had self-downgraded from Silver when the sub expired. I could not get the StackCommerce lifetime code to work. All I got was "loading" for a half hour, and then I gave up. It seems to me that you might have to open a brand new free account, and then get the lifetime upgrade to that new account.

ALSO... when I try to export my Gold account (with 1790 tasks) and move that to a new account by using the backup (first account) and restore (to second account), only three (3) of the 1790 tasks are visible in the new (free) account.

On top of all this, I received two automated emails from Toodledo today. One signed by Aaron Salls, identified as CEO, and the second signed by Arant (no last name) as the CEO. They came at different times for different reasons, and I am sure they are pre-written automated messages.

Summary: Be careful with the lifetime account. It may or may not work for everyone. AND, they also warn you that you must contact support after five years to renew the lifetime account, presumably for free but that is not really clear.

This message was edited Aug 22, 2019.

For those who cannot see LinkedIn, here is what it says for Aaron C. Salls:

=======================================

Currently Product Manager at CHIME. June 2019 to Present

PAST JOB:

CEO
Company Name Toodledo
Dates Employed Sep 2018 – Jun 2019
Employment Duration 10 mos
LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Toodledo is a powerful and customizable tool to organize your life and increase your focus. Downloaded over 1.8M times by people who want complete control over their day.

We're hiring! We're bootstrapped, remote, and trying to do very big things. If you're entrepreneurial, want to work directly with the founders/owners, want to have an impact, and move fast, then this is for you.

Message me if you want direct info.

Wow. An awful lot of time spent on this.

Under your current proposal, you will actually be collecting less from me than before. The OLD Silver and Gold plans that Jake had made more sense, AND I was paying you more than I will in the future.

Why don't you just stay with Jake's free, Silver, and Gold plans, and then add any new plans that you want / or that other people want / such as your new "business" plans?

It is always tempting as a new owner to take charge and make changes, but it seems like you're spinning a lot of wheels and annoying Jake's loyal base with no real benefits.

This message was edited Aug 22, 2019.

Posted Oct 24, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 1
STANDARD is also missing ADD TASK VIA EMAIL. We need that. Thanks...

Posted Oct 23, 2018 in: Back to School Sale at Toodledo.com
How do you use this backtoschool code? I cannot find anywhere to renew my subscription???

Posted Jul 08, 2018 in: Future Plans
Ricardo wrote >> one as "Toodledo Classic" and another as "Toodledo Premier",

------------------------------------------

Premier and Premiere mean "first," so that would logically be an appropriate name for the original / classic platform.

If you want names that mean new or better, I suggested ToodleDo Labs or ToodleDo Advanced (above).

But let's not try to do any naming or branding in a group discussion like this. That is usually not done in a public forum. They need to look at a lot of criteria related to global and cultural definitions and meanings, trademark availability, domain name availability, and other marketing and legal issues.

Exposing a naming idea to the public too early can create disadvantages for them moving forward -- someone may steal the domain name or trademark ideas, and other disadvantages.

I was only making an illustration about two platforms: one that is frozen and stable for conservative loyal classic users who don't want any changes and a second environment for the people with new ideas for innovations that they want to discuss and experiment with. Both of these user segments are legitimate and should be addressed, but they do have different and sometimes incompatible goals and desires.Too many changes can destroy and drive away a current, satisfied customer base / and not enough changes and innovations can discourage new users and make it more difficult to compete with other agile competitors.

One of Sam's biggest challenges will be how to keep old customers happy while finding new ones that want something new and different. And doing that while keeping costs in check and increasing revenue and profits. Running a SaaS software company is not easy, and that is why such a high percentage of them fail. There are something like 40 to 60 software products (maybe more?) in the same category as ToodleDo. This is not going to be easy for Sam and his team.

Ciao...

OOOPS... delete my comment above about ToodleDo Opus1. I was not aware there is another product called Opus One. OOOPS!
I made the appropriate edits to that message.

This message was edited Jul 08, 2018.

Score: 11
Hey, Sam and company, congrats. You are now the stewards and caretakers of a great business tool and an historic piece of SaaS technology and productivity software history.

Those of us who never say anything or complain are happy with the solution the way it is now and don't want a lot of changes. New owners and ambitious programmers commonly want to make a lot of changes to show how smart they are and justify their existence. The software and high tech businesses are full of examples of how new ownership screwed up a great mature solution by injecting new values and goals -- wanting more customers, higher profits, industry awards, fame, or whatever personal or financial reason. In the end, they lose their old loyal customers, fail to find enough new users to support their new, higher cost structures, and drive a great solution into bankruptcy.

Maybe you would be willing to consider the following: Perhaps you can "freeze" the solution where it is right now. Don't fix something that ain't broke. Rebrand it as ToodleDo Classic, ToodleDo Premier, or whatever name you like that drives a stake in the ground and says "this is what we have today, everyone loves it, and we're not going to ruin it for people who depend on it to manage their lives and businesses." As standards and regulations change (like GDPR), security is updated, and communications protocols evolve, go ahead and make the small technical updates that are required >> BUT, don't do more than is really necessary. Resist the temptation to make creative little tweaks because one of your developers had a great idea or a small group of users asked for something that amounted to a custom request to fit their personal styles. Maintain the platform somewhere where you can deliver the proper balance of speed, performance, security, cost, and regulatory compliance. Those of us who love the current platform can live in this environment forever in eternal happiness.

Then, in parallel to that, make a copy of the current codebase that your ambitious programmers and creative users can play with, add to, iterate, change, modify, morph, adjust, advance, revise, refine, and enhance into whatever they want. Give this a name like ToodleDo Labs, ToodleDo Advanced, or whatever name you like that says, "here is a place for people who want to imagine, innovate, change, and evolve." Allow all of these creative innovators to have fun and make changes to their hearts' content, while the loyal oldtimers keep doing what we have been doing back in the stable and classic ToodleDo environment.

If I am correct, the EXPORT functions of ToodleDo will allow users to download their xml data from ToodleDo Classic and upload it into the Newer Platform as often as they like. Meaning that, if they make changes and screw something up, they can erase whatever they have done and reset their system back to the way it was before they made the changes. Am I right?

What I am suggesting above should satisfy everyone >> the loyal paid users who don't want to change anything / PLUS the new users who want something new and different and are willing to help pay the development costs in some way.

One would also have to guess that you want to pay Jake something for his past work, and you need to increase revenues. So, I personally would not object to you eliminating the free subscriptions to maintain a revenue stream to keep the Classic platform running smoothly. The cost of the Gold subscription is well worth the price, so maybe you will want that to become the table stakes for everyone who wants to stay with the Classic platform? That should at least cover your costs while you ideate, build, and promote your new products. If the free subscriptions have to go away, that would be a small price to pay that any serious user will be willing to accept.

If you want to do a free version for marketing reasons, I understand.

Whatever you decide... good luck. You're in for a fascinating ride!

This message was edited Jul 08, 2018.

Posted Mar 12, 2015 in: ToodleDo Server Speed?
Even slower this morning. Is anyone else having this experience?

Posted Mar 12, 2015 in: ToodleDo Server Speed?
Spoke too soon. It seems slow again. But, in fairness, it could be my connection. I really do love ToodleDo. It's my favorite app / tool.

This message was edited Mar 12, 2015.

Posted Mar 11, 2015 in: ToodleDo Server Speed?
Funny... an hour after posting my original message, the server seems faster. Maybe ToodleDo is watching... and they rebooted the server???

Posted Mar 11, 2015 in: ToodleDo Server Speed?
For me, the page loads from TD have been slower than usual over the past 18 hours or so. Google and other prominent servers have been loading as usual.

Is it just me, or is ToodleDo a little slower than usual?

Thanks!

>>Since Start Date doesn't have a time<<

Start date DOES have a time. You just have to enable it under settings and functions used.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3