ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by oletros"
oletros

Posted Feb 04, 2020 in: Are Help Tickets being processed?
Score: 0
  • oletros
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2020
  • Score: 0
Cancel it through the bank before it is not too late
oletros

Posted Feb 02, 2020 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
Score: 3
  • oletros
  • Posted: Feb 02, 2020
  • Score: 3
Posted by c5000nc:
I've been in touch with Anant via email in the last few days, and he said they are working on rolling out a big update. He said once it is done, he will post an update in the forums. He said it is taking a lot of time (my guess is far more than expected) to prepare test cases, and then check each and every functionality of Toodledo, for every test case. It sounds very laborious. I'll take deliberate, thorough and slow over rushed any day, if the end result is a better product.

As Anant told me several months ago, they got stuck because the 7 year old code-base had just been patched up over the years. They are spending their time preparing a stable update before implementing new features. Like I said before, it sounds like it's taking far longer than expected to clean up what his predecessors should have done before he was hired.

I for one am still appreciative of Anant, who is actually working to improve ToodleDo every day, even if it's taking far longer than expected, and even though he does a poor job of keeping us updated.

Though I still create backup csv and xml files regularly (which I would do with RTM and others too), I'm sticking with ToodleDo at least a few more years, because nothing else suits my needs as well, and because someone is trying to stabilize and improve it. Albeit very slowly.

Two months later, no news

We have to admit it, Toodledo is dead and it is just working because the ones that still have not cancelled the subscription but when the number of subscripters reaches a minimun, it will be shut down

This message was edited Feb 02, 2020.
oletros

Posted Dec 18, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • oletros
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2019
Posted by Larry3:
@DrFrankBuck - I see on the forum main page you posted to this forum 2 days ago but your post is not shown here. I don't know why but your posts don't show for me and when I clicked on your name to show all posts recent posts aren't shown.

Some others have commented that they couldn't see your posts in the past so I don't know if anyone else is still having this problem.

Yes, yo have to search their user name and then they appear
oletros

Posted Dec 09, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
Score: 1
  • oletros
  • Posted: Dec 09, 2019
  • Score: 1
Posted by Ummagumma:
Posted by KBC1-Gold-Active:
But some folks seem to have unreasonable expectations. This is a very inexpensive SaaS app, and you cannot expect the world.

All of our complaining does not do much to solve the problems we face as a group.

Thanks...

I am afraid you are missing the point.

It doesn't matter whether it's an expensive or inexpensive app in the grand scheme of things.

What matters is that it's more expensive than most SaaS apps in the same category (Todoist, RTM, TickTick etc) while not having even close to the same name recognition and user base as the segment leaders.

And in the eyes of potential new users, Toodledo also has to compete with free offerings from MS, Apple and Google.

Given the extra price, the lack of name recognition, the lack of an up to date mobile client, it is going to be pretty hard to attract lots of new users.

So the question is, how long can the service keep afloat on the shoulders of existing users, many of whom seem to be leaving in droves ?

Asking this is not complaining.

The biggest problem with Toodledo was not the old code. The biggest problem - from the marketing perspective - was the lack of name recognition, an outdated and complicated interface that is not well suited to someone with simple task management needs, and a mobile app that is the opposite of being a joy to use. None of which has been addressed.

Raising prices to rewrite the old code on a fairly obscure product without making it any more appealing was a major mistake and so far there seems to be no willingness to correct it.

Exactly this.

One thing I have noticed is that Toodledo is praised for being the most feature rich, but this is not important. It is an app with a very high price compared with the others, with an oudated interface, hard to use and witth a mobile app without push sync and with a look from years ago, at least the Android app.

And in almost a year and a half after a lot of promises, almost no feature has been developed. The few ones with a lot of problems.

I don't see a bright future
oletros

Posted Dec 09, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
  • oletros
  • Posted: Dec 09, 2019
Posted by c5000nc:

He pretty much said mobile app development is stopped until the core system is fixed. But it is actively being fixed.

Updated
June 5, 2018

Really actively fixed

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiwlm.mytoodle
oletros

Posted Dec 05, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
  • oletros
  • Posted: Dec 05, 2019
Posted by c5000nc:
I've been in touch with Anant via email in the last few days, and he said they are working on rolling out a big update. He said once it is done, he will post an update in the forums. He said it is taking a lot of time (my guess is far more than expected) to prepare test cases, and then check each and every functionality of Toodledo, for every test case. It sounds very laborious. I'll take deliberate, thorough and slow over rushed any day, if the end result is a better product.

As Anant told me several months ago, they got stuck because the 7 year old code-base had just been patched up over the years. They are spending their time preparing a stable update before implementing new features. Like I said before, it sounds like it's taking far longer than expected to clean up what his predecessors should have done before he was hired.

I for one am still appreciative of Anant, who is actually working to improve ToodleDo every day, even if it's taking far longer than expected, and even though he does a poor job of keeping us updated.

Though I still create backup csv and xml files regularly (which I would do with RTM and others too), I'm sticking with ToodleDo at least a few more years, because nothing else suits my needs as well, and because someone is trying to stabilize and improve it. Albeit very slowly.

Yap, the same thing he has been saying since last year.

Fool me once ...

And the mobile apps development is dead.
oletros

Posted Nov 30, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
  • oletros
  • Posted: Nov 30, 2019
Posted by aspitzer:

Posted by oletros:
I don't think everyone here think(s) TD is better than RTM

I 100% think that TD is better than RTM. I have tried RTM, TickTick, Todist, NirvanaHQ (among others) and nothing is anywhere near a good as TD for GTD.
The web interface (albeit ugly) runs rings all the other services. Nothing even comes close to the speed, usability, and customization of the TD interface.

I'm sure that it is my bad e\English, because I have not said "no one thinks RM is better than TD".

The problem is that TD ios dead in the water, there is no imprevement, there is no news and there is no one taking care of it.
oletros

Posted Nov 19, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
Score: 2
  • oletros
  • Posted: Nov 19, 2019
  • Score: 2
Almost one day with spam posts and nobody has deleted them

It doesn't look good
oletros

Posted Oct 26, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
  • oletros
  • Posted: Oct 26, 2019
Posted by KBC1-Gold-Active:
C5000 wrote: I vastly prefer ToodleDo to RTM.
=====================================

Yeah, I think everyone above agrees with you. That's why we are here.

My logic is this -->> if the popular second choice is RTM, and RTM has a team of developers located within a few miles of TD, and they are experienced programmers who know TD's market and space, why not have them work with Anant on TD? The alternatives are: Anant has to find an all new group of developers who do not understand TD, its customers or its markets, or (more likely) just shut down TD and let it die... (meaning that many of us will then switch to RTM).

It would be less painful for me to have the RTM development team work with Anant, keep TD alive, keep both products up-to-date, and give us a choice?

Are you seriously saying that RTM should help TD to stay afloat and give us choice?

And no, I don't think everyone here think TD is better than RTM
oletros

Posted Aug 30, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
Score: 5
  • oletros
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2019
  • Score: 5
Posted by Anant G.:
Stacksocial promotion was only for the new users so that we can raise some money for hiring more contractors to improve the product.

Thanks

Ufff, doesn't look good

This message was edited Aug 30, 2019.
oletros

Posted Aug 22, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • oletros
  • Posted: Aug 22, 2019
Posted by Scott Florack:
The whole business model is quite humorous. They alienated their longtime customers by tripling the yearly fee, and now they're selling a lifetime subscription at the Plus level for nearly half the yearly rate.

Cash grabs are never a good sign, but you might as well get the deal. If they are still around in 9 months you'll have broken even.

Good way of motivating the current customers.

I don't think Toodledo lasts until next summer

This message was edited Aug 22, 2019.
oletros

Posted Aug 22, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • oletros
  • Posted: Aug 22, 2019
Posted by Purveyor:
Posted by Ob-La-Di+ruben:
Also, unfortunately, there's no way to differentiate the breakdown between traffic from free users vs paying users. Only the latter would contribute to the bottom line of keeping toodle afloat.
No way to know for sure but increased traffic is a good thing.
Take a look at Harvard Business Review: Making "Freemium" Work.

Sure, making 3 times more expensive the app have helped to have more customers.
oletros

Posted Aug 18, 2019 in: Anant, can you give us an update?
  • oletros
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2019
Do you remember this?

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/25931/-115293/read.html#jump

"Hey folks,

This is Sam, one of Toodledo's new owners.

Addionally, I'll be super active in this forum, answering as many questions as possible, telling you about upcoming product features, and listening to your feedback."

I wpuld look to another app
oletros

Posted Aug 17, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • oletros
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2019
Posted by Larry2:
I can't access Linkdin without an account. Does it say he's left Toodledo?

CEO
Company NameToodledo
Dates EmployedSep 2018 – Jun 2019
Employment Duration10 mos
LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

And Anant is the interim CEO, doesn't look good for the company those movements

Interim CEO
Dates EmployedJun 2019 – Present
Employment Duration3 mos
LocationOakland, CA

This message was edited Aug 17, 2019.
oletros

• oletros
  • Posted: Aug 06, 2019
Posted by Ob-La-Di+ruben:
Hi Anant,
If I should be drawing different conclusions from what I see happening, I would welcome Toodledo's corrections and alternate perspective.

Thanks.

Crickets.

I feel sorry for the loyal users but I'm sure that Toodledo won't las too much, they are milking the first renewals after the price increase by people willing to support the development but I highly doubt that there are new customers or that they can put a foot in the corporate world.

No Android app development, no really new develoipments in the web app (only small minutieae), as I have read, iOS app development is stagnating (how can a business let the beta expire?).

I must admit that I enter once a month to look if they have shut down the site or not, some time ago I exported everything and changed to another solution.
oletros

Posted Mar 24, 2019 in: Toodledo iPhone App Beta Testers
  • oletros
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2019
Looking this post and the February update can I assume that Android app development is no happening right now?
oletros

Posted Feb 10, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • oletros
  • Posted: Feb 10, 2019
Posted by fireworks:
Let's keep it going and do what we can to help, either by paying fees or spreading the word. Can you imagine what could happen if each one of us brought just one new subscriber to the group?
Anyway enough of a sermon, Live Long and Prosper Toodledo :)

Looking the roadmap and what has been done the latest month, I don't have the feeling that it will be worth the raise.

Android app is very bad compared to other offerings and it seems that there is no developers to improve it.

My feeling is that people will move away and Toodledo will languish
oletros

Posted Feb 07, 2017 in: Toodledo 2016 - The Year in Review
Score: -2
  • oletros
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2017
  • Score: -2
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
oletros

Posted Apr 21, 2016 in: Android Update 5.8
  • oletros
  • Posted: Apr 21, 2016
Posted by Jake:
It isn't. We are actively working on it.

The problem is that the actions talk for themselves and it seems that we are in the same situation that we have prior of the acquisition of the Android application.

I can't understand how a basic and so important thing like saved searches has not been implemented in the Android app after all this time.

When, after 4 years of telling us the they were thinking about Android when reality was that development wasn't even started, you bought the Android app I tried to give one chance and trust you but it seems that we are in the same situation. Android is a very low priority
oletros

Posted Mar 04, 2016 in: Android Update 5.8
  • oletros
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2016
Posted by frederic.knabe:
Is it possible to use collaboration in the Android App? If no, are there any plans to add this feature in the near future?

Taking into account that in two years they have not added the saved searches functionality to the app, I would bet that you won't see collaboration in the app until the next leap year.

Saved searches is a central feature but it seems that Android users doesn't count the same that iOS users. Well, as it has been since the start
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next