ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by mark_1337909683"
mark_1337909683

Posted Jul 25, 2012 in: Keep copy of data
Score: 0
Doing as you asked the app behaves correctly. Apart from all the tasks being present there is a notice at the bottom stating there is no connection.

FWIW, I can tell you for certain that the preceding does not resemble what I periodically see at 32003 Ellingwood Trail, Evergreen, CO 80439.

I'm thinking that the airplane mode tells your app absolutely no service and your app responds properly to the definitive no. OTOH, my referenced location's connection is sometimes present, sometimes not and when present that condition is in various levels of ATT weak--never any better. I'm thinking your app may be getting confused during that 'weak try and grab a connection decision moment', timeout and end up back at the icon screen.

Just a thought.

Oh and about those previous posts. Being new to any smartphone and apps it took a bit to understand the demarcation between your app (which does a fine job) and the syncing app (which also (now) does a fine job)

Mark

This message was edited Jul 26, 2012.
mark_1337909683

Posted Jul 25, 2012 in: Keep copy of data
Typically, when a signal is too weak or absent to sync, I find that your screen shows blank with your logo at the top and after (consistently) ~20 seconds, the app closes and reverts to the iPhone icon page.
mark_1337909683

Posted Jul 16, 2012 in: Keep copy of data
Although I do not find this option, is it possible to keep a copy of the last (iPhone) sync'd data on the phone in the event the next time you look up information the wireless connection is poor?
mark_1337909683

Those were my posts regarding the trial Syncit. I am now running the full Syncit app.

Are you trying to say that the base version of Toodledo supports a second Tasks folder and that the (problem) is with the sync from Outlook?
mark_1337909683

Outlook by default has 1 Tasks folder called Tasks.

I just added a second folder (not a sub folder--File, New, Folder).

If that folder were to sync from Outlook to you, would you display this separate Tasks folder as a folder in the iPhone?

Mark
mark_1337909683

Regarding this thread and any other associated threads I posted within the past few days. As it turned, out after numerous emails with their support, my problems with gSyncit were solely restricted to the 50 task trial version. At Dave's suggestion I purchased the full version (fully refundable withing ~2 weeks). I did so and the software worked as advertised.

I cannot express how excellent their (his) support is. I wholly recommend this app to anyone who might be listening in.
mark_1337909683

Posted May 26, 2012 in: Just installed--not syncing?
Regarding this thread and any other associated threads I posted within the past few days. As it turned, out after numerous emails with their support, my problems with gSyncit were solely restricted to the 50 task trial version. At Dave's suggestion I purchased the full version (fully refundable withing ~2 weeks). I did so and the software worked as advertised.

I cannot express how excellent their (his) support is. I wholly recommend this app to anyone who might be listening in.
mark_1337909683

Posted May 26, 2012 in: OL Tasks: Missing all text in body?

mark_1337909683

Posted May 25, 2012 in: OL Tasks: Missing all text in body?
Addressed to Administrator--

I'm sure your iPhone app is a good tool. However, it's not useful (to me) unless synced with MS Outlook.

Assuming that my referenced problems are a function of gSyncit and given that a third party sync source is necessary to coordinate Outlook Tasks--is there another product that you have experience with that has successfully performed?

Mark
mark_1337909683

I'd like to hear from someone who is syncing from Outlook to confirm that they are or are not seeing their text come through.

Plus, that's the last of 3 problems that I didn't mention.

Only 2 synced tasks appear on the website whereas all appear on the phone?
mark_1337909683

Just installed the app and using a trial version of gSyncit until I can determine the effectiveness of both--

I have a number of Outlook Tasks that are scheduled to repeat. I generally set the Task preference so that the next instance of the task does not start until n days post completion of the currently pending task. Hence, no further instances of the task appear in OL until the currently pending completes.

This is NOT so on the Tasks as synced to the phone. My task list is cluttered with future instances of the same task. This cannot be the way in which the app is designed?

Thanks,

Mark
mark_1337909683

Just installed the app and using a trial version of gSyncit until I can determine the effectiveness of both--

When I click open a Task synced from Outlook, none of the text contained within the body of the task is apparent. There is just a blank 'note' for entering new text. The primary purpose of syncing my Outlook Tasks is to view the data contained within the body of the tasks.

Is this a problem at my end or is this a condition of the app?

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted May 25, 2012 in: Just installed--not syncing?
Didn't understand the necessity of 'the other half'. Now using a trial version of gSyncit Tasks are appearing on the device. Importantly, I have 2 big problems with the app that I hope are correctable. I will post that matter in a new topic.

Thanks,

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted May 24, 2012 in: Just installed--not syncing?
So I purchased and installed the app on the iPhone 4 and registered on the toodledo.com site and hit the sync button on the app and waited while it said to 'wait' and the result=no Outlook tasks on the phone.

What is it that I'm doing incorrectly?

Mark
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4