ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Peter Scott"
Peter Scott

Posted Nov 07, 2011 in: How is sync done from web browser?
Score: 0
How is synchronization managed from the web browser (toodledo.com web site)? I have been editing hundreds of tasks (nearly a thousand) in the last 2 days from two different laptops, changing status, title, context, folder, due dates and tags, and now I am going back through them with different types of searches I am finding many (at least several dozen) where some or all of the changes did not stick. I do not know whether I am looking at data that reflects what is on the server or bad caching on the browser.
Peter Scott

Posted Oct 30, 2011 in: App::Toodledo updated for API 2 on CPAN
Perl Toodledoers: I have updated App::Toodledo on CPAN for API version 2.

This version is NOT backwards compatible with the previous module. There is virtually nothing in common between the two interfaces. This one is a lot better :-)

Toodledo admins, would you please update any pages of API bindings as necessary. Version-independent link to documentation: http://search.cpan.org/dist/App-Toodledo/lib/App/Toodledo.pm .

Note: Task caching is primitive at best. Bugs likely abound. But maintenance should be much easier.

This message was edited Oct 30, 2011.
Peter Scott

Posted Oct 26, 2011 in: Number of task limit
I just discovered this limit myself when reading the API error codes. I am at 4000 tasks myself and expect to hit the limit within 2 years. I would like to see the limit raised for Pro Plus subscribers.
Peter Scott

Posted Oct 25, 2011 in: Task searching severely limited
I am finally getting around to rewriting the Perl CPAN Toodledo module for API 2.0, and I am perturbed by the limited options for task searching. Am I missing something, or is the interface for selecting tasks considerably less capable than the V1.0 API? It appears optimized only for task synchronization.

For instance, where in 1.0 I could search for tasks due in a date range, in 2.0 I have to iterate through all tasks. And for performance, I would have to select only the due date field, pick out the id of the matching tasks, then requery for those IDs and the full set of fields that I wanted.

That doesn't seem efficient or easy. I have ~4000 uncompleted tasks of my own, for instance, and iterating through all of them to find the three that have the "garden" tag seems incredibly wasteful. How do people do this? Is there some method aside from 'get' that does what the 1.0 getTasks method did?

This message was edited Oct 25, 2011.
Peter Scott

Doh! Thank you, I had blinders on when I was hunting in the multiline view...
Peter Scott

In folder view, open any folder and sort by context; now the multi-line view no longer shows the context and I cannot see how to change the context. How in this scenario would I change the context of an item? Without changing the sort order to something else first (which means I might lose my place, I want to be able to do this quickly)?
Peter Scott

Posted Oct 03, 2011 in: Custom sort for Context please
Hello, can we have a custom sort order definable for context just like we do for folders please? There's no behavioral difference between context and folder now as far as I can see, they're both single attributes of an item. It would help greatly with my plans for improving my GTD-fu. Thanks!

I posted a ticket for this but wanted to see what the group reaction was.
Peter Scott

Posted Nov 20, 2010 in: Look up app token?
I'm rewriting the App::Toodledo Perl module for API V2 and so it is used for writing apps. So I didn't see the need for specifying both the app ID and the app token for getting the session token since one is completely determined by the other. Is there a conversion mechanism?
Peter Scott

Posted Nov 20, 2010 in: Look up app token?
Is there an API for looking up the app token for a given app id? That's a one-to-one mapping, right? App ids are easier for people.
Peter Scott

Posted Nov 09, 2010 in: Register app or register library?
Now that my long-running apps are returning "excessive token request" errors, I returned here to discover that API 2.0 is out and evidently the limits for 1.0 requests were tightened. I see that registering an app is encouraged... considerably.

My question: Should I register the CPAN Perl module I wrote (once I upgrade it to API 2.0), or is each application using that module (I myself have about half a dozen performing different small tasks) belonging to each user supposed to be registered independently?
Peter Scott

Posted Nov 04, 2010 in: Rate limiting
I am having trouble reconciling the description of the rate limiting algorithm with what I am seeing.

I have a Perl application that calls GetToken and then GetTasks. If I run it twice in succession, the second time it runs, the GetToken returns the "excessive API token requests" error. As far as I can see, I made 2 requests, not 120. How can I find out what data it is basing this allegation upon?
Peter Scott

Posted Jan 17, 2010 in: iPhone and airplane mode
If I start Toodledo on the iPhone, then go into airplane mode, then create new tasks and modify existing ones, will the app push those changes out when I come out of airplane mode, or does it require connectivity at the time any changes are made?
Peter Scott

Posted Dec 11, 2009 in: iphone questions
First, a big yay for subtask manual ordering.

Second, does the iPhone app synchronize when I open it/make it active, or do I have to hit the sync button each time? Sync on open/foreground would be great.

Put me down as wanting folders on the iPhone ordered the same way I've set them on the web site, please.
Peter Scott

Love the update. When can we expect to be able to reassign tasks from the iPhone?
Peter Scott

I use this simple Perl program in cron to keep a stamding backup (the .toodledorc file is used by the App::Toodledo module). Hope it formats okay.

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;

use WWW::Mechanize;
use File::HomeDir;
use File::Slurp;

my $mech = WWW::Mechanize->new;
my $home = File::HomeDir->my_home;
local $_ = read_file( "$home/.toodledorc" ) or die "Can't open rc file: $!";
my $email = shift or die 'Usage';

my ($password) = /^password:\s+(.*)/m or die "Can't get password";

$mech->get( 'https://www.toodledo.com/signin.php' );
$mech->set_visible( $email, $password );
$mech->submit;
$mech->get( 'http://www.toodledo.com/xml.php' );
my $content = $mech->content;
my $s = substr $content, 0, 20;
$s =~ /^<xml>/i or die "Content doesn't look like XML, looks like $s";
length($content) > 10000
or die "Content looks too short (", length($content), " bytes)";
open my $fh, '>', "$home/.toodledo_backup"
or die "Saving file: $!\n";
print {$fh} $content;

This message was edited Nov 11, 2009.
Peter Scott

Posted Nov 09, 2009 in: iphone app quits immediately
Ah, thanks, I should have looked there to begin with. You have just increased my knowledge of the iPhone considerably :-)

Restart: No difference. Reset: No difference. Reinstall: Fixed. Close my ticket please. Thanks!
Peter Scott

Sorry, I remembered about the bug report form a minute after posting this... still, wonder whether anyone else has experienced this?
Peter Scott

Hello. I got my first iphone 3 days ago and the first app I bought for it was Toodledo. It worked then. It does not work now. Now when I start it, it tries to start but the window closes in a split second.

In between I have installed about a dozen other apps. I am also viewing another Toodledo account in a Safari page via the /slim URL.

The App Store says all apps are up to date. I do not know how to look up error logs. What should I do? If I uninstall and reinstall the app, will I have to pay again?
Peter Scott

Posted Nov 07, 2009 in: Multiple accounts on iphone
Can't find a recent instance of this question being asked: I want to access two toodledo accounts on the iphone. Is there any way of doing that?
Peter Scott

Score: 1
Your honesty and forthrightness are a refreshing break from the CYA scripted blandness of most companies. Knowing that there is a real person up there who can exercise judgment and free will instead of being a corporate robot, I intend to keep my pro account and recommend Toodledo to my clients.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next